Overall thoughts on Fall of Cybertron? My review...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Unicron9, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Ha I do love me some customizing, but the options in FoC don't touch customization in other games that don't even brag on and on about how extensive it will be. Think Saints Row 2 & 3, Elder Scrolls games, Soul Calibur, Bioware games, really most RPGs and deep FPS multiplayer shooters, and even the WWE games I (hate to admit I ever) have played- they all blew away the customization in FOC. There are plenty of other examples... I could go on and on. Better character customization than Foc is just common these days, so what they added there isnt really making up for much. Plus I miss being able to set up a specific bot for each class in both factions.

2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    This is too true.
    They bragged about how extensive it would be, its even on the box. But it is not extensive at all in comparison to many other games. Don't even get me started on the patch that TOOK AWAY colours.
    I'm hoping Transformers online actually does have extensive customization.

3. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I know it's an issue and all. But how could someone "get you started" on an issue as physically minor as lost colors? Like, how could you actually articulate an argument on the subject?

4. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    That seems like trying to get me started XD
    And what you see as minor I do not. For a game that kept on telling us that it would have extensive customization options, to then buy the game, make your character and then the VERY NEXT day after release have a patch and after installing it, discover that some of the options had actually been taken away, is very annoying. (fracking long sentence, I suck) No matter how much you customize things like legs, wheels and shoulders, its not very noticeable in the heat of gameplay. Colours, however, are very noticeable. They allow more potential in making unique characters and they should be added, not taken away. Even before the change, the colour options were far from good, only being able to select 1-2 base colours for your entire character, without the option to change certain parts or anything. Thats disappointing, not matter which way you look at it. Customization in multiplayer was something I was really looking forward to and I feel like they really dropped the ball when it came to the advertised multiplayer. Sure it is far, far better then WFC's "customization", but WFC had one of the worst attempts at customization options ever.

Still, they could've redeemed every problem this game had by giving us split-screen multiplayer for online or even just offline Escalation. They failed on that account, so after a while I'll probably get bored of fighting randoms and leave, to go back to playing Uncharted 3 with my friends,because it gave us split-screen for similar gameplay options.

5. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    No argument there, I was just wondering how you could get started on something like colors.

6. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I totally agree with the colors. Now, don't get me wrong, I love a neon green Megatron as much as the next, but seriously! Everything was two shades, a you had a set range of colors depending on the faction. How difficult would it honestly have been to have a simple gradient color wheel for the various parts so we could get the colors we want, not some hot pink optimus prime. It's just really displeasing.

As for the customized bot forms, that I give much more leeway. I didn't expect Saints Row III, etc. You are limited by altmodes. Having a Transformer with Jazz's head, Prime's body, and transforming into a seeker just doesn't work, so that's ok....

Hopefully the third game will be based on G1 characters and G1 models, and we can get decent looking paintjobs and a game EVERY G1 fan will go out and buy a PS3, Xbox, or new PC to play.

7. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

I have found freezing issues i got upto Soundwave fixing Trypticon and had to survive the Autobot attack,got killed a few times went back to it a few days later and the PS3 would freeze trying to load the last checkpoint in the end i started the level again.This is not the 1st time it's happened

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the exact same spot it froze on me!

I was never able to get it to work--stubborn me, I tried to get it to work for about 20 minutes before giving up. I had to play through the whole level again. Funny thing, it happened to me twice (in the same spot:p ). As I have kids, I play when I can, and as chance would have it, I had to stop gaming at that spot, twice.

Anyway, the lesson I learned is this, DO NOT STOP PLAYING WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOSS/FINAL PORTION OF THE CHAPTER! You will get a corrupted save file! Play through until the next chapter starts and you're good.

HMS really needs to work on their coding.

9. Cosablanca

Cosablanca Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I remember Sludge was in Stasis lock not dead.

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    This is the craziest thread to me. Aside from Co op campaign, everything in FOC is better/more fun... Better graphics, better colors, host migration. No over powered classes, great.voice acting. Alot of what I read here is unnecessary whining and nit picking (complaining about a.TF game using to many TF references? Really?).

Lots of these complaints seem like peeps had them and their minds, made up before it even cameout.

I dont see anything that different where someone can even objectively say anything about WFC is better, aside from Co op. At worst its more of the same in a tighter sleeker package.

11. havok16

havok16 Member

I don't like the negativity I've been hearing, because at the end of the day its only one game. We the consumers can complain and go on to tell they should have added this and that, but if they did all that, where would the franchise go from there.

I mean Activision is their publisher and as long as this series is making the $$$ it is not going anywhere. Also, I imagine Highmoon/Activision wanted to pump this game out before the crapfest that is fall/winter. There are some colossal games coming out (Halo 4, Black Ops2, Boderlands, Deadspace 3, WII-U and rumors persist of new Xbox, PS4, and much more)

Do I wish this game was a tad more similar to WfC...sure. I really loved escalation, but if they don't tinker with the formula then people just complain that its WfC.2 and not worth its $60. Highmoon is still really young and im sure their trying to find something that works.

12. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FYI the PS4 is confirmed. I remember there being a contest to win a free one back in October.

13. havok16

havok16 Member

Its not officially announced by Sony. That contest was most likely a scam. But regardless the new systems are out there. Just in testing.

14. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    WOW! Someone with common sense about why EVERY SINGLE TRANSFORMERS CHARACTER SHOULDN'T BE IN THE GAME? :bay 

I couldn't agree more with this post. HMS did a fantastic job telling the story of the final days of Cybertron. It would of been awkward to switch between 30 different fan favorites when you really need 1 per mission. I don't miss the option of "choosing my own character" because every character they chose was my favorite.

The topography of the maps in Mulitplayer is absolutely outstanding, and while escalation is a little easy, its still fun :D 

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There were pictures of the system.

No, I didn't download them nor can I find the article thing.

16. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    My review of fall of cybertorn.

Awesome beyond epic.

That is all...

17. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    The Playstation 4 has not been announced, there are no released pictures of the console, you were looking at a fake.

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Soooo.....no demo for PC?

19. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    There are three reasons I don't regret buying FOC:

Though short, I did enjoy the campaign. I reeeeally wish it had been longer though.
    Buying it at TRU got me 40% off of Mario Kart 7 for my 3DS
    After beating it I sold it on ebay for $45

So between the discount on MK7 and reselling it, I feel I pretty much broke even but still got to enjoy the campaign. The game is not worth $60 on it's own merits though. I'm not a big fan of online multiplayer and it bugs me that that is the direction that video gaming has gone. It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't sacrificed single console multiplayer. When Halo first came out I could have three friends over and we could all play VS mode together. Alternatively, two of us could do campaign together. Why have games moved away from this? Rising prices, shorter stories, lack of same room multiplayer, I think it's time for me to reassess my relationship with my 360 and look more closely at the Wii-U. Nintendo seems to be the one company still doing games the way I liked them growing up.

20. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    My thoughts: A badass game that is without doubt the best Transformers game we ever got.

Amazing story, amazing multiplayer, amazing everything.