Out Of The Dead Land

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Coolhand, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Could hardly see....? What the f%#, Mirage!? He was in front of ya for so long! How you would have wanted that shot!? Served on a silver plate?! I did not kid about the part about a chance to redeem yourself in the face of others, you malfunctioning production line leftover! Would it have hurt yer pride to at least pull the damn trigger?

Also, Hound's situation so leavin' us hearin' the grass grow from the silence... and hopin' that Windcharger's feelings will be more controlled than those of the people readin' this comic while still on this mission...

3. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Stealth Kitty FTW!

ABILITIES

Ravage can hide his presence from others virtually completely. He can shield any electromagnetic radiation inside him from being detected by any monitoring devices. His walk is soundless. And he can disappear from sight in subdued light and shadows. He has his own monitoring devices in his nose module that give him a superior sense of smell, hearing and full-spectrum electromagnetic wave detection. He carries two low-radiation 1 megaton proton bombs, which he can fire over 3 miles distant or set in place with a timer.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  4. Fez Findie

That's why I ended up editin' that part about the reason and all.

Besides, you know there's truth in Jazz's words here at least.

5. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it wrong to hear Mirage with a western accent when he says "Damnation!"? Awesome Transformation sequences btw, here are your bays: :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay 

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The fire on the cardboard was amazing.

7. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Thanks as always for reading and for your comments guys. :) 
    Yep, Ravage is a stealth/ambush predetor whom you don't even know is there until his fangs close around the back of your neck. Mirage detecting him at the last moment (a few updates back) was something most autobots could never even hope to do, and it's slightly forced Ravage into plan B....

I've also added some depth to his stealth abilites in OOTDL, so the way his stealth systems operate in cat mode is actually quite different from the way they operate in car mode. When the Autobots look at his alt mode, they're not seeing a cloaking device or a stealth field, but something very special indeed...

Yup, basically Jazz is prepared to loose off rounds and hope he hits something, whereas Mirage considers missing his target to be the height of bad taste (he says this in Episode 1) and will only pull the trigger if he knows he can hit the target. So although Mirage actually stood a far better chance than Jazz of landing a lucky shot, he wouldn't fire.

:lol  I write Mirage to have an upper class British accent, but I can see how "damnation!" fits a western drawl rather well. Many thanks for the Bays, btw, the Foxy Fox Force is now equipt with Sexy Samurai Squad!

Cheers. It costs me a fortune in lighter fuel and carpets, but it's worth it.:D 

8. Fez Findie

Oh Mirage, you are indeed a bot of principle, preferrin' to risk your teammates wellbeing/lives than allow imperfection in methods even once... XD

9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've always loved your fire effects. Cool stuff. :) 

And I kinda started getting it with everyone mentioning Ravage's tech spec card. Mixed with Mirage's pride on not wanting to miss, and Ravage gets away.

Oh, and Windcharger scored a hit, point blank! Two points for him. :D 

10. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    A big middle finger? Or a V sign for you I guess. ;) 

11. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I'm not liking the looks of that fire on Hound's back... :confused2 

Oh, the effect is gorgeous, to be sure...I meant it doesn't look good for Hound's health...

12. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

:bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  FULL SCORE! :D 

Love the transformation bit there. :thumb  :thumb  Hmm.. It's time I use that "technique". I've always thought it was odd, cuz you don't see that in anime. But.. Transformers are Transformers. So time to improvise. :D 

Love your update and story as well! Okay, time to crash Ravage! :D 

13. stuckeypcs

stuckeypcs Well-Known Member

:bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay 

Still a great read. Shame you can't get paid for this so you could miss work and focus on this comic daily updates. :D 

14. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Ditto that, and for a few other's comics as well...

It may be contrary to others thoughts, but I like and respect that Mirage keeps true to his principles. I'm sure Mirage feels that he's the designated driver out with the other three and he feels like Jazz wants him to join in on a round... not just improper to ask, but in bad form as well.

15. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Hmph, excuses excuses, Mirage.

EPIC!!!

16. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well worth the wait! Except for that good-for-very-little Mirage. I nearly broke my stapler while I was working just thinking about his lousy excuse. Should really wait until I get home to read your series Colhand.

Now about Hound...I still get a cold feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking about hir situation. Good writing my friend! It tales a true artist to wrap a readers feeling round 'bout your little fiinger and give a tug just for good measure. Wish these could come faster. I don't bite my nails anymore, i use them to hang on to the edge of chair just waiting for the next installment. :eek: 

Please accept 3 bays in the hopes that you are able to fund the Fiendishly Friendly Femme-fatal Fake Fur Federation :bay :bay :bay 
    :bay ...and one more for good measure!

17. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    You'd think Mirage would set aside his snobbery and perfectionism in this type of situation. I'm a bit surprised at his refusal to shoot.

The shot of Jazz supporting Hound was my favorite bit. I love the esprit de corps of so much of the Autobot core cast. Good to see it well represented here. :thumb 

18. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    yes!! an update! and of course it didn't disappoint! that was so freaking awesome!!!!!!!

19. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    I love how Mirage, perfectly stationary, won't shoot for fear of a miss, whereas Windcharger, lunging in at the last second, scores a hit!

I too, am annoyed at Mirage (for the first time in the comic), but my annoyance is tempered with anticipation. G1 Prime would tear him a new one, I think, and I can't wait to see Mirage answer for his sportsman ethics in a warzone.

Great fx on Hound too :) 

20. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Holy SHIT and Brickballs! That is so awesome! Cool Poses - check! Excellent FX - check! great dialogue - check! stirring up emotions - check!

You, my friend will need these to form----- The Ultimate Boob Babe Batallion!

:bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay 
    :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay