Out Of The Dead Land

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Coolhand, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Draeck

Draeck Tanks can bounce

:bowdown:  Please accept my humble deposit of bays for your bay-army :bowdown: 

:bay :bay :bay :bay :bay 
    5/5 from me too!

2. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

:lol  I've been watching too much anime, so the main focus is normally at the centre of the screen (TV/Computer screen) XD. But yeah, if it's centered, moving the head more to the right would be nicer too. :D 

:lol  I'm sure many others love that pic too! ^^

Yeah! Cool alternator there! :D 

Well said!

Yup. :D  But, how will it benefit us Photoshop users?

3. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Whatever works in GIMP should work in 'Shop, and vice versa.

...I hope?

4. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    This strip is made out of pure win and awesome. many of us have already attested to that. Very moving in terms of action and very well choreographed.
    With that I award you 20 BAYS!!

:bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay 

You rule! :D 

5. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

HOLY C**P THOSE TRANSFORMATIONS FOR RAVAGE ARE GREAT!!!!

**compares all the effects in this comic to own gimp skills**

<.<

T_T

6. Z.U.D.O.N

Try photoshop? XD

Hey Ripclaw. Never compare yourself to a GREAT GIMP user where you think you'll never (or will take a very long time) to reach his level of art. Congratulate yourself for what effects you've made. Seriously, your motion effects are good for a start. More practice, and you'll be near some of our standards. :) 

Also, when you have time, play around with the other features on GIMP. I don't know how GIMP works, so I can't say it's gonna be hard or easy..

And then, when you've learnt more, play around more and master yourself! :D 

Then, you compare. :lol 

7. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Woah! That update was AWESOME! You sir, are the man!

And yes, GIMP tutorials can help out Photoshop users as well. The way you perform a step may be different, but the steps are still the same. I need to research into making a galaxy brush for Photoshop.

8. Z.U.D.O.N

Oh yes. A galaxy brush in Photoshop would be great. :)  Good luck on that, Chaos!

In the meantime.. I'll go tinker, I mean, play around with GIMP.. :lol 

9. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :bowdown: Ahhhhhhhhh dang Coolhand; I'm on cloud nine. What a great way to begin a Monday! Your effects are...ohhhhhhhhh...words fail me. Wow, Fantastic Holy s**t, My goodness, how'd he do that? The Ravage transformations are incredible! Spent quite a while just soaking both of them up. Well, gotta go now, I have to stare at your comic again:popcorn 

10. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Take as many :bay 's as you need from me to make another division of the FFF. Nice to see that Hound is still with us, for the moment anyway. As for Mirage, shoot dammit, shoot!

11. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

:popcorn 

I think somebody is making clever use of techspec powers here. :sly

I see magnetboy has acquired some scorch marks. Jazz is still all gleamin' white, even with all the ordnance flying around. I'd expect no less. :D 

12. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Wow, excellent action!

13. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I may just have fainted due to all the excitement. This is truly and simply amazing, the artwork on every panel is top notch, and I hope Miareg survives.

14. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Wow, both this and Warring at Play updated today. Who says Mondays suck?!
    Again, I really like your 'splash' effects from Jazz's shots--lovely stuff. Great work with Ravage--you really bring out his ferocity well.

I'm envious of how clean your shots are--I can never get anything remotely as crisp with my little camera. What camera do you use?

15. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Any GIMP user willing to work with me on making a Galaxy brush for Photoshop?

16. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I told you Jazz, lead your target!

Great action sequence here. The off-center faces and tilted camera angles add a lot to the sense of frenetic activity going on. I knew Mirage was still kicking, and I get the feeling if anyone in this Autobot squad can stop Ravage's attack, he can. Good to see Hound's still with us as well.

Great effects too. The blurred transition from one mode to another in the same panel gives the impression of a very rapid transformation.

This is good stuff. Very good. :thumb  You're making me want to get back to dramatic comics myself. :lol 

17. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Die, Mirage. Just die.

18. Falldown

Falldown Well-Known Member

:eek:  Wow...

...:jawdropper: ...

...ok, I think I'm over the shock.

That was awesome (as has been said). Mirage playing chicken with Ravage :crazy: . Hope he knows what he's doing. Glad to see Hound might pull through too.

19. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

Put one right through his radiator, Mirage! :D 

20. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Hey guys. Again, many thanks for all your comments, and thanks for reading. You guys rock. :thumbs2: 

Ah, sticks and stones will break your bones, but suspense will never (thud). Wow. Who’d have thought it, huh? I actually suspensed him to death. Err, am I in trouble officer?:lol 

:lolol How awesome would that be if that was his title?

Cheers guys. :) Mirage is less fond of that image, he was picking debris out of his face for days after we shot it...

I am indeed a shameless cliff-hanger whore.:ev: 

Ah, interesting, I didn’t know that was the Anime tradition.

My flatmate’s something of a photography buff, and he told me that to draw attention to something in a photo, you’re best not making it the centre of the shot. He also tried to explain the rule of thirds to me but most of it went in one ear and out the other because BattleStar Galactica was on TV and Caprica Six was on screen. Yum.

Indeed. Why has a bot who can snap-shoot missiles out of the air suddenly developed a problem pulling the trigger? It leads us onto…
    It is rather galling, yes. For those who are curious, the cut effect went a little way towards explaining why Jazz keeps missing and why Mirage hasn’t yet taken the shot. But it tended to give the WRONG impression, hence the reason it's not here…

Wow, cheers dude. Now you now how WE feel when we read Fun-ness!:D 

Cool, more Bays! I wonder if there is a Bay Stock Exchange. Not so much the Dow Jones Index as the POW! Jones Index

I imagine so. The way that those explosions are put together should replicate pretty well in any graphics package that can handle motion blurs and added light sources. The only thing that might need to change is the “sparks” brush which I’ve been told is GIMP only. I’ll put up a tutorial for the explosions, muzzle flashes and everything else used in this sequence once part two is all done…which isn’t that far away now.

The Lycra-flight suit Aerial interceptor squads thank you for your support.

Never compare! Just fire up gimp and play about with the settings. That’s pretty much all I did. The more you play, the better the results.

:lol  Thanks C.I.

Thanks Anodythe. Glad I could help brighten up your Monday.:) 

The Foxy Fox Force grows ever more Foxy and Forceful…

Tech spec powers….whatever could you mean? (Mwa-ha-ha...)
    Yep, nothin sticks to Jazz-he’s too cool to wear grimy threads.

Thanks Kando.:) 

Mirage, love him or hate him, you can’t help but be condescended to by him.

The camera is a Fujistu finepix 3000 or something like that. I’ll post the exact model when I find the box!
    I find that a tripod, a small apature and a long exposure time of 1 to 4 seconds tends to work wonders, and allow you to shoot in quite dark lighting conditions without the shots looking gloomy or having speckled “noise”. Plus it has a super-macro setting for snapping insects and things, and that really helps with getting the detail on the alts.

ACK! You shameless tease! Don’t promise us more Lament-y goodness unless you mean it!:lol 

Y’know, it could well be that these are calls for Mirage’s death. Or you could all be German and simply expressing the thought: “The Mirage, The!”
    (TM The Simpsons 2002)

When you play chicken with a cat, you’d better be a dog, or you’ll end up with egg on your face….
    Uh…
    Yes I realise that I just made no sense whatsoever...

Mirage shall indeed do his best to oblige the lady's request...:D 

• Like Like x 1