Out Of The Dead Land

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Coolhand, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

I'm very interested in where this will go. Are there any other Cybertronians who aren't Autobots? Or will it be just Mirage (presumably) and Grimlock? As far as Mirage goes, since you're setting the Autobots up as the military organisation, I don't see how Optimus can strip him of his noble title - that's a civillian thing. But if Optimus is rebuilding the society from the ground up, will the nobility have any practical function any longer?

Oh, the delicious complexity of it all.

(You do have one point, early on, where you say "it's" when it should be "its.")

As for the turbo-fox shelter, I would think Mirage would support such a thing - how else will he have something worth hunting?

I grant you they have a long warm-up time, but once a baby becomes self-mobile, they are a force for destruction and chaos like nothing else the universe has ever seen...

2. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Heh heh. Good point that. Forcing Mirage to do something selfless? A fate worse than DEATH!

Thanks bro, and many thanks to everyone who has visited the page so far :D 
    I've got some extra stuff under construction for that page that should be going up shortly.

Y'know, for maximum effect, you should start with your avatar being Animated Megatron, then change it out for Starscream that perfect, "Megatron has fallen! I, Starscream. am the new avatar!" moment.

Me Grimlock say: Don't worry, T-Rex that got disintegrated was a stunt double. Me think his name was Dave. Or Bob. Or something.

Crunch crunch crunch

As far as the Autobot's know, it's just them and the Decepticons. By the end of the war, virtually all of the Cybertronian population was either militarised or dead. Of course, it's almost certain that some slipped away or fled the conflict rather than join either side, but neither faction really knows how many or where they went. It's a big universe out there.
    In terms of what Prime has to work with now, in the aftermath of the war, it's entirely an Autobot population.
    At least, it was...
    As for what Prime can and cannot do to Mirage, the role of is Prime is actually one from the Cybertronian government structure, not the Autobot military. In OOTDL, the bot who holds the title of Prime has quite broad ranging powers. The role of Prime in OOTDL is a little different to the other versions, and the next few updates will shed some light into exactly what a Prime is and what they are entitled to do.

Me Grimlock says: Sounds like something that speaks Me Grimlock's language.

3. Shikaze

Shikaze Well-Known Member

Naaaahhh, believe me when I say given my personality, Starscream's just about perfect for being my avatar.

4. Coolhand

Just keep a firm hand on your personality-aspect clones, those little swines can cause no end of trouble!

Quick bit of news:
    I've updated the Facebook page with a Shards Of Cybertron article. It's the first in a series of little articles that will let me get some of the OOTDL world and back story out there, hopefully in readable and interesting form, and all collected in once place. It will also let me get content out between the updates, as writing text is easy but doing GIMP work is hard. ;) Let me know if you guys like it and I'll start putting out more of them. :) 

5. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    ^Interesting. It would be nice to actually get to know the world you have built up over the years. Yessss. :D  I like Jazz's weapons - Rythmn and Blues. They sound pretty precious to him.

6. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'know what's so amazing about the Dinosaur ban? That if you consider Beast Wars, or some version of it, in the future of OotDL, it just makes Beast Megatron that much more of a dick/badass. "I'm going to go into the past and murder Optimus Prime.... in the alt mode he BANNED!!!! Yeeeeeessss!!!!!!!"

7. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    Reading that in Megatron's voice made my day, yesssssss...

8. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

Beast Wars altmodes make so much more sense now. Why in the world would the Predicons follow such a ban? Especially one made by the leader of their mortal enemies!?

Coolhand: Subtle Genius. And Unsubtle Genius.

Cryoteck didn't raise no sheeple. No sir.

9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

...that IS an interesting aspect to look at. BW suddenly has a bit more defiance in it after putting that together. Veeeery interesting.

10. Coolhand

Yeah, he's quite attached to those weapons. They're gifts from an old war buddy, now long gone. He can be quite sentimental, sometimes.

I didn't think of that, but now you've mentioned it, it is kinda funny! Maybe I should have had Prime ban rubber duckies as well! :lol 

Working on the next update, should be posted in the next couple of days. Also got some Shards of Cybertron stuff to go on the facebook page, as well as a couple of other things.

Must...create...content...!

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Where´s mah updates?! :p 

I´m still bummed Prowl´s gonna bite the dust tho. :( 

12. Coolhand

Alas poor Prowl. Though it's kinda weird, Sunstreaker just keeps looking at that panel of Prowl lying dead and laughing manically. It's kinda creepy.

Update below...

13. Coolhand

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Masterblaster

Masterblaster I'm back, bahbee!

Mirage is getting steadily more 'Con-like... As they say in the movies, I've got a bad feeling about this.

15. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was quite the heated debate. But I'm glad that Prime eventually managed to put Mirage in his place. But I wonder what's so dark about the past that involves Perceptor?

:popcorn 

16. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn Mirage, he who represents himself in Court has a fool for a client. Here's hoping Prime finds him in contempt of court and busts his head open!

17. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :popcorn  can't wait for more! And what did happen with preceptor?

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Mirage, you never stop being a dickbag, right?

19. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Wow, Mirage has some serious bearings to try and pull something like that. With almost any other leader, they would have just tossed him out of the city. I almost expected Prime to do that ANYWAY.

But, despite his grasp of rule of law, Mirage is not only facing a soldier and battle-hardened leader, but an archivist. One who very deftly beat him at his own game.

Ladies and gentlemen, Optimus Prime, the complete package.

Though it seems Mirage still has another, less scrupulous card to play. It strikes me that Mirage is less actually expecting these ploys to work, and more trying to kick Optimus off the moral high ground. Yes, he's going to lose his position, title, lands... But given Cybertron is ash, the Council is no more, and his titles are just words, the loss is minor. But if he can twist things, force Optimus to be heavy handed, force him to rule against established law and code, show evidence, however small, of being a tyrant, then Mirage is justified, by the laws he is so carefully adhering to, to begin working to pull Optimus down.

In short, Mirage wants the Council back. He wants his titles to mean something. He wants the old order restored. And Optimus isn't going to do that.

This also leads me to another concern. Ravage. Mirage chasing him down against orders goes against this whole ploy and hurts his position. So why do it? If Mirage has had this in mind from the start, then I have to wonder if Ravage had or knew something that threatened it?

20. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

AWESOME.

Have to go, will expand on this later. Just had to say AWESOME.