Out Of The Dead Land

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Coolhand, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

Oh I hate to say it...but that was definitely worth the ridiculously long wait. Loved Silverstreak's lines, loved the condition that Grimlock put Shockwave in, and I can't wait to see how this turns out. Brilliantly entertaining.

2. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    My sentiments exactly.

3. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

just caught up.and I have to say:bay  at Grimlock
    :rip :cry  at Windcharger
    and:lol :rock :music :bowdown: :dj :bowdown:  to everthing else

4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Okay, skipped comments and will get back to them, as this thought is fresh in my mind.

No. KILL HIM. My first thought is that getting captured is somehow a back-up plan of Shockwave's that is going to backfire on them all. Grimlock has got to do this. Yes, I know he's doing so on behalf of Windcharger...but he needs to kill him for all the logical reasons. As much fun as the character has been, this really is the right choice.

Grimlock needs to kill him.

PS: Silverstreak cracks me up :lol 

5. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Me Grimlock say: Fate not wait for me. Fate ask permission to run its plans past me. Or Me Grimlock bash fate's brains.

Me Grimlock say: Me not mind if Ravage take over. Me have sword coated in catnip...

Heh heh. Maybe I'll ask Streak to train up Earth's police forces with his version. :D 

Me Grimlock say: When in doubt, Falcon punch. In fact, when not in doubt, also falcon punch. In fact, just falcon punch generally.

Jazz is still inside. The shock-trap blew out a lot of his gyroscopic and balance systems so he's having a hard time even standing at the moment.

I totally get where you're coming from. It's a legitimate point to raise, especially, as you correctly point out, the history that Shocks and Grim have together.

The in-narrative justification behind what took place in the last couple of updates is that Jazz has already damaged Shocks pretty heavily, and taken out his gun arm. Then Grimlock comes up behind him and plants a series of full on, full power sword strikes onto Shockwave before the damaged cyclops has the time to react. Game over for One Eye.

I agree that it's a shame Shockwave didn't get chance to put up more of a fight with Grimlock, which it would have been a lot of fun for me to write and shoot, but I found that the story I wanted to write took me down this route instead, a savage beat-down rather than an epic duel. I totally get why it might have left people dissapointed, and like I said, I think it's a legitimate point to raise. :) 

All in all, I think the battle sequence at the end of this season and the reaction and constructive criticism to it has taught me a lot about pacing action sequences. Lessons will be applied to season 3. :) 

Thanks dude. Sorry about the long wait, the next wait shouldn't be quite as long. :) 

Thanks dude. :) 

Sometimes, you just gotta pop an energon cap in some skidplate for the greater good, y'know?

6. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    First of all, welcome back! Sorry to hear about the trials you've gone through in your life, but I'm glad to hear things are getting back on track for you.

Secondly, I enjoyed the sarcasm dripping from Streak. It's always great to hear him in action, and his dialogue is one of the reason's he is my favorite character.

But what is Grimlock up to? He could have killed Shockwave already. Methinks he wants some info from One-Eye...and then he'll finish what he's started, one diode at a time.

7. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

that would of made getting arrested much better, as it was, the handcuffs not fitting did the job XD

8. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    That was a long wait for an update. But, it was well worth it.

9. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    OOTDL update! YAY!!

Ooh, that's quite some adventure you had, I'm glad that chapter in your life is all over with.

Silverstreak was just all kinds of funny there. :lol  And hey, you even managed to work in that "Prombie Aisle" line as you said you might.

Shockwave's fate was...quite the shocker for me actually. Did not expect it to be so abrupt. But I can think of no better way to hammer the point home on just how POed Grimlock is with Shockwave.

10. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Damn.

Shockwave = own'd.

And I couldn't be any happier. As more a fan of the G1 cartoon than the Marvel Comics version of Transformers, I always loved the fact that the Dinobots were engines of destruction and no non-gestalt Transformer could hope to survive in battle with them. I hated--HATED--that Megatron and, especially, Shockwave could defeat the Dinobots solo in the Marvel Comics Transformers comic. Hated that shit. Hell, Marvel even had Blaster able to take on Grimlock one-on-one. WTF?

Well done, Coolhand.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Haha. Take THAT you freaking cyclops!

12. HellSpawn

HellSpawn And justice for all...

No PDF downloads anymore for the separate seasons? I had a huge hard disk crash a couple of months ago. All the downloaded comics are gone and have to be re-downloaded.

BTW: a Cybertronian lifeform isn't dead untill their Spark has been destroyed.

13. Coolhand

Thanks StarFire, really appreciate it, it's great to be back :) 

Ah Streak: making Shockwave wish Grimlock had killed him, one smart-ass comment at a time. :D 

It would appear that one size does not fit all when it comes to cuffs, then. :) 

Thanks Leemon. The next update's going well so sometime next week should see it come to life. :) 

Thanks DZ. :)  It is indeed nice to be able to set that part of my life to rest, though the experience, whilst stressful, has hopefully set the foundations for bigger and better things.

Prombie Aisle had to be added, it was just too awesome a line to be ignored. I'm pretty shameless in the way I'll steal awesome suggestions from readers and stick 'em in the comic. :D 

Gimlock is not a happy Dinobot at the moment. Not happy at all. The next update might throw some light on the matter....:ev: 

Groovy, glad you enjoyed it... wait a second, there was a Marvel issue where BLASTER took down GRIMLOCK?!?! What did he do, get stuck in his T-Rex mode's throat? Don't get me wrong, Blaster's a cool guy and all but...GRIMLOCK? That's like Fatboy Slim punching out Mike Tyson!

MWA-HAHA!

Ah yes, the PDF's. I'm looking for a new hosting place at the mo, and once I get that sorted I'll stick 'em back up and get the PDF's for this season up too.

Yep, the spark is what makes a living robot a LIVING robot. A bot without a spark is just a glorified hunk of metal and circuits. As the saying goes "You wanna put a Con down? Put two in the head and two in the spark."

So, update coming next week sometime, but also some of you might know that an online Funnies Convention is going to take place in June. One of these events will be an OOTDL Q&A panel taking place on Sat June 18th at 3:30 EST. I'll be answering questions in the guise of a suitable toy avatar, along with Silverstreak, Mirage, Jazz, Prowl and Grimlock. In fact, it's entirely possible that with those five on the panel, I might not get much of a word in edgeways...

So, here's how it works. PM your questions for OOTDL to Galvanitro with the subject heading OOTDL question. You'll have about a week to get them all in. Once all the questions have been gathered, Galvanitro will pick the best and pass them on to me, and then the cast and I will answer them in photocomic form to the best of our ability, which will be posted up on Sat 18th, 3:30 EST.

Feel free to ask anything you like. Doesn't just have to be about the strip, it could just be general questions to the five cast members, but be warned, Streak, Mirage, Grim, Jazz and Prowl WILL respond in character if they get asked something directly. ;) 

Also, I can't give away spoilers for upcoming episodes. Other than that, everything is fair game. :) 

14. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

apparently not.....then again i was kinda small for being 11 <.<

15. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

And Grimlock goes for the kill :D 

16. Masterblaster

Masterblaster I'm back, bahbee!

Only problem I'm foreseeing is that of morality: for Grimlock, it's perfectly moral for him to kill Shockwave, as he (technically) killed one of his Dinobots. Sure, Windcharger got a warrior's death, but that didn't even slightly make up for the fact that Grimlock lost his Dinobots all over again. In his mind, it's only moral for Shockwave to share that fate.

For others like Silverstreak, murdering Shockwave without him being put on trial is not moral. Shockwave needs to be made to pay for his crimes, yes, but not like this.

This whole situation has turned into one big moral grey area.

17. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY FRAK.

And Silverstreak reading Shockwave his rights was hysterical.

18. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

Either way, Shocky's a goner.
    "Due process" for him just means a longer walk to the smelter. :ev: 

The problem comes when that longer walk to the smelter becomes an opportunity for Ravage to risk a rescue.
    Slagging him now is practical, yet not quite kosher. Dang.

They capture Shockwave: He escapes.
    Grim kills Shockles: Optimus kicks him out of the Autobots; Grimlock quits the Autobots; etc.

What decision Grimmy makes could decide the events of the entire next season!

19. Seansy

Seansy Me Grimlock say Go Do One

Ebay:
    Grimlock, just end it. Law is one thing, justice is another.

20. Coolhand

Hey guys, sorry this one has take so long. Just me being rubbish, as per usual. :eek: 

Me Grimlock sure don't go for the stern telling off.

Some very well thought out comments there. I think you'll like where this plotline goes. ;) 

Me Grimlock think Me hitting him was funnier. But then Me always did enjoy philosophical humour.

The results of what Grimlock does are indeed going to involve far more than the simple question whether Shockwave lives or dies...:ev: 

I like that line. That's a cool line. I might steal that at some point. :D 
    Update below.