Out of control

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutoBobby, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If my wife says anything, I show her the pimp hand.

Seriously, as long as you're paying the bills, taking care of your family and not spending the rest on hookers and booze, you have every right to buy yourself a few toys.

Bring her to Dairycon next year. Then she'll see how normal you are compared to some of those other guys.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My girlfriend is cool with it. When we first started talking, she had no idea about my toy collecting and I THOUGHT I had told her. She came over to my house for the first time and was shocked to hell. The cool thing though, she wants to have an interest in my passions and I feel the same way towards hers, which means I have to read Harry Potter...

But like many have said, if you pay the bills, keep food on the table, and make sure all of the responsibilities are taken care of, who cares if you buy some toys?

3. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Is she don't like it, then she can go whore herself on lucky street.

pimp hand is strong.

4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    If you're not happy in your relationship, end it.

If she is not happy with you in your relationship, she should end it.

We're all free really, don't stay with someone out of some failed sense of responsibility, that's a really cruel thing to do. I hope my girlfriends past and present have stayed with me because they WANT to and not because the feel they HAVE to.

Unless you had kids, in which case you're screwed.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    1.She sounds like a keeper

2.It's fine if you get a fig or 2 but if you're buying a bunch then she has a point.

3.We seem to forget they are TOYS sometimes.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, maybe she does know about all the stuff you sneak in. I know how you feel but you should nip this in the butt now before it turns worse. With my current girlfriend, we discussed my toy collection because of all the problems I had with my ex.

I just told her (Obviously, this was before we moved in lol) that I love Transformers and i'm a toy collector. Not sure how long i'm going to do this for but for now, this is what puts a smile on my face. Things for the most part have been good and she is actually paying for my Ghost MP SS and Fansproject upgrades. I think the key is to throw something her way and you get something in return.

Its like when you were in high school and thought, "If I take her to dinner, we are going to hook up" but with toys instead lol.

7. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

She can bitch all she wants but I will do what I want as long as no harm is done. She gets over it eventually.

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

It is not the toy collecting that pisses my girlfriend off, it is the fact that it makes me happy.

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

My girlfriend bought me a ton of Transformers for my birthday. She's okay with it. =D

10. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    As long as I share with her, she's cool with it.

11. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

mine thought it was really lame and childish until she went to botcon, that kinda opened her eyes and now she just thinks its lame.

Also, she bitches about where they are stored/displayed more than spendning money unless its a big purchase and she doesn't get a bribe/prize of equal or greater value

12. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my gf is cool with it as long as i don't get out of control. bills are paid, a little in the bank and enough to take her out or buy her a little something now and then(she loves sailor moon). anytime i'm gonna talk to her about TF stuff i say something nice first. "babe you look nice today. so do you think i should get the blaster reissue?" i agree with most of the people here, as long as you take care of your priorities first. these are just toys

13. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    The ex didn't care... She thought it was cute. Current GF loves it, because it made her feel comfortable that she collects Shinki's and Justice League and Suicide Girls stuff.

14. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 Transformers Fan Since 1984

The only woman in my life to ever understand was a girl I dated and got engaged to for a short time towards the end of my undergraduate time in college. I still remember it. We were at Walmart one day and I went down the action figure aisle. It was 2001 and RID was just starting up. I saw Optimus and Magnus and I had to have them. I paid for Prime and she bought me Magnus!!! She said she liked seeing my inner child come out when I opened them. She actually helped me put Omega Prime together!!! However, things didn't work out for us.

I don't see any difference in a person playing golf, working on cars, hunting, fishing, building models, operating remote controlled vehicles, collecting vintage baseball cards, collecting sports memorabilia, playing video games, and collecting Transformers. Just be sure that you can afford it and that it doesn't take away from the more important aspects of your life.

To me, it is important that your spouse take an interest in what you like and vice versa. Take time to do things that your wife or girlfriend enjoy. Ask them about the things they collect and share what you collect with them. Take an active interest and it should be reciprocated.

Remember, the only difference between men and boys is the size of our feet and the price of our toys!!!!!

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    My hand is fine with it.

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i love you :lol 

17. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

No,no,no.It's nothing like that.We have a great marriage,never fight,and we have two great kids.She just doesn't understand why I like them so much.It's kinda my treat for myself.

18. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I gotta laugh everytime I read the Blaster part.

19. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine is generally very ok with it. She likes toys as well.

I on the other hand am kinda hoping we hit a dry spell after the next movie and i start losing interest. My collection is probably still under 100 (although I'd have to count to be sure), but I feel like I have too many, and when I get a new one I don't always know where to put it. I hate taking down my favorites to make space, but I have so many favorites now that there just isn't space.

I mostly collect MP/ALT/BT

Alternity

and some of the nicer movie toys.

Since we're lucky to get one new mold of an alternity or MP in a year, I'd be fine if it wasn't for the movie toys...

20. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

My g/f has always been OK with it, but I always worry that I might be spending money I don't have on these damn things :p . She put together a "TF Jar" that I have to put foldin' money into and I can save up for TFs instead of just buying them randomly with a credit card. It's been working so far, and I can't believe I'm lucky enough to have a g/f that can appreciate my hobby like this ^_^