Our first shot of Overload (vehicle mode) in the movie!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BB Shockwave, Jun 18, 2009.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apparently he's in it, and yes he forms Devastator with the others, albeit only in vehicle mode! (so now we know the Legends Devastator toy is the correct one).

From the TV Spot "Bumblebee".

[​IMG]

That's him on the left, red trailer-dumptruck with a white stripe. Oddly enough, even though the shot is blurred, that seems to be an Autobot insignia on him (check the top, it doesn't have the Con spikes on top).

Here's hoping Hasbro will make a toy of him, or at least he's seen in robot mode in the movie, even if in the background.

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    That is clearly a con logo

3. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    Umm ya thats deff a con logo i even caught that yesterday when i first saw the pic!!
    its just very blurry thats all.

4. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

I spent like an hour trying to figure out what type of truck he is and this is my best bet.
    The Caterpillar 775D.

[​IMG]

5. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

Its def a con logo but because its blurry you cant see the spikes fully. Devastator transforming is going to be SO SICK. I was trying to not watch anymore spoilers or anything but once i heard you get a sneak peak in the "Bumblebee" spot i had to watch it. He looks absolutely amazing, i cant wait for the 24th!!!

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Nice, "Bring it!"

7. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Overload vehicle is very long in the Legends Devastator. Front has 4 wheels and long back part has 2 wheels.
    In Legends Devastator,
    1. Front of the vehicle is split in the middle and serves as the connection for the legs, long part of the vehicle as the backbone.
    2. 1/3 of the Long part of the vehicle has the 2 back wheels are folded to be in front so the 2 back wheels can be seen when looking at the front.

8. Doomofman

Doomofman Suck my popsicle!

News Credits:
    Not even close....

He looks something like this... With that weird hinge between the front and rear parts... but the back part if a dumper not a scraper
    [​IMG]

9. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Ahah, its nice to see the symbol on real life vehicles. In the same TV spot you can also so Mixmaster has the giant symbol on his drum as it spins around.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Your's doesn't look like him, either. The fronts are completely different and the vehicle itself is nowhere close.

He's basically a dumptruck with a long bed.

11. Doomofman

News Credits:
    I was trying to make an example of the strange hinge system that Overload and the thing I posted share...

12. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

Oooh, how could I be so blind?
    Sure. The front in yours looks just like the one in the screenshot in the first post.
    My bad, sorry.

FYI, I know he has been said to be an articulated dump truck, smartass. It just seems he isn't.
    If you want to prove otherwise, get a pic of an articulated one that looks even remotely close to the one in the trailer.

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Just edited my post to address that.

14. Doomofman

News Credits:
    It doesn't matter much anyway... You see his alt mode for a glorious 5 seconds or so

15. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Cool.

16. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Found a few, none looks exactly like Overload, but close enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for comparison, here is the Legends toy.

[​IMG]

17. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

Oh, the Legends toy. So that's what you're going by, huh?

Well, let me tell you that that whoever designed that toy didn't have a clue what they were doing.
    That toy doesn't resemble any existing vehicle.
    Proof of it are the two sets of front wheels.
    I mean, WTF? It's a loader. Who needs double front wheels when the load is on the back?

Also, I have been unable to find a single articulated loader that had front ladders to climb it (which the one in the trailer has), simply because articulated loaders don't have such a size that requires it.

Believe me, Overload has turned out to be a loader truck, LARGELY similar to Long Haul, only about 30% smaller.

Also, I'd like you to point out a single major difference between the Caterpillar loader I posted and the trailer screenshot.

18. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd find it strange that the Legends toy actually and correctly represents all the Constructicons in alt. mode, except for him. Also, compare the toy's front to the one we saw in that clip - they are identical.

I remember that there was a post here at TFW2005 that listed all the Constructicon vehicle modes, photos taken on-shooting scene in Egypt. Anyone has a link to it? Maybe Overload was shown there in full.

I agree that the rear would be a better placement for 4 wheels - but look at the second model I posted, that one seems pretty large and yet has only 2 at the rear end. Maybe the 4 wheels in the front are all for propulsion (4-W Drive)?

19. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

Why not? The Deluxe Devastator has all the vehicles much more faithfully represented and Overload isn't even there.

Uh, most definitely not.
    First of all, in the trailer the whole front is vertical. In the toy, only the grill is vertical. The lights are mounted on an inclined plane.
    In the trailer, the front of the truck is cut under the lights. In the toy it is full.
    In the toy, the grill is raised above the rest of the front. In the trailer all the front ends at the same height.
    The toy has a huge bumper which is not in the trailer.
    So no, I'd say they're nowhere near identical.

Now again, if you were to you find any difference between the truck I posted and the one in the trailer you'd have to be looking VERY closely.

My money is on Overload being CG only. Thus the ease of the change.

20. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    yeah theres like 2 shots...once of those three driveing round the corner into view and then that close up form the trailer.

I actually lost count of how many constructicons joined together.

There were already three in the pit, thre more drove up and then there were two or three on the ridge over looking the action....and then more in a different scene nearby at the same time. either theres about 16 of them or the continuity editor needs a good kicking