OSKO SS Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, May 7, 2020.

1. Nikkal101

Nikkal101 Well-Known Member

Im wondering, could someone theoretically take the hip groin parts from the OS megatron and use them on the OS Shockwave since theyre based off the same mold? just wondering...

2. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the same; it’d need the old, simpler upper-thigh assembly as well. I’ll get a photo comparison in a few.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NothingHead

News Credits:
    So, here’s what I mean; we have OSKO Megatron and Shockwave together (that is lithium grease all over SW’s hip, by the way; that one particular side is almost impossible to pull free from the torso.)

Meg has this big, chunky hip that’s only a few parts. No ratchet on the one end, but the sheer size means that tension holds everything pretty well. Nobody here is going to try to pose these guys doing a high-kick or anything crazy, so it’s not really necessary for joints lock in these particular areas. The just need to be stable enough to support the bid upper body.

Unfortunately, it was decided by either Hasbro or MT (I don’t own the original studio series, so I don’t know when this change was made) that all these sturdy parts needed to go away and Shockwave has been given an adapted assembly with more parts than a pocketwatch.

The way I see it, they had two options for success here: they could have kept the original engineering and just changed some of the sculpted details, or they could have completely redesigned the hip from the ground up, crotch-to-thigh. Unfortunately, they decided to split the difference and try to adapt what was already there, and that’s why all our toys are now breaking.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Hasbro's retains the original, durable hips. It's almost the only part of the mold that is retained without alteration.

5. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    Ah, looking back. Reading about the breakages had me going like

Now to wait for the v2 or a repaint version...

• Like Like x 1
  6. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol :cool: 

7. Citranite

Citranite Shockwave's Bae

YouTube:
    Alright, so I just recieved mine, I've played around with it for about an hour, no transforming tho. And I seem to have hopefully gotten a sturdier copy. The hips are very scary however. I'm going to loosen the screw here in a minute, and hopefully he will stay fully together. I recommend extreme caution with this toy. The head was poped off out of the box, so thats annoying.

But other than that, he is gorgeous! The detail is insane! And yes, his chest is extremely heavy. Balancing isnt a problem. Wish the blade was shorter though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Nice to hear that there're still some good copies left! I'm eager to get mine although the tracking froze on 26/06 somewhere in China

9. eVac Z

eVac Z Cybertron and all of its figures belong to ME!

News Credits:
    Mine appears to be stuck in traffic, still haven't heard anything since my last post. Since I expect him to arrive broken anyways I intend on tinkering with mine and find a way of tightening those hip ratchets with the included V2 parts. Speaking of which, has anyone received/installed theirs? Do the new parts hold up?

10. Cold Mango Juice

Cold Mango Juice Todos saúdam Megatron!

News Credits:

What movie is that in the background?

11. Citranite

YouTube:
    Alright, have a bit more to say, I unscrewed the hip a bit (really hard to pull out the torso section to do it) and was surprised to find a washer around the screw? I never noticed this before, anyway, my right leg appears to be stiff and creaky while my left leg moves like it should. So I unscrewed the hip piece a bit, spray some WD40 on it, and it moves like the left leg. I got extremely lucky guys. Mine has one good leg, and a creaky one. Also, Shockwave survived a drop test from about 4 feet on carpet, so thats good. And to note, the tip of Shockwaves thumb seems to have been scraped, as its slowly peeling, a quick trim and its fine now.

Hope all yours are as good as mine. Be careful though.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Be mindful with that. WD40 isn't a lubricant, so when it finishes drying out it could go back stiff again. I'd get some grease in there, or at least an actual spray lubricant like MX4.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Citranite

YouTube:
    Did I type WD40? Ugh, I mean grease, Sorry about that

• Like Like x 2
  14. NothingHead

News Credits:
    Oh, goodness; I have a playlist with about 600 horror movies from the 70s and 80s on it, so that could be just about anything!

• Like Like x 2
  15. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine from ShowZ and at first, he was great. I loosened the screws, posed him a bit, and successfully transformed him without a problem. Unfortunately, transforming him back to robot mode broke the outward hip joint. Not the ratchet itself, but where the post connects to the front of the hip joint. Thankfully the leg stays attached, that joint is obviously loose, but it still kind of works. I already contacted ShowZ about the replacement parts. Hopefully they work well because this is a great looking figure! He is maybe a tad big for my tastes, but it still works for MPM scale and the paintwork is phenomenal and the new molding looks great. I really like the lights and the new segmented hose.

It sucks that this has such a critical flaw because if it didn't it would be 100% worth it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Mine entered the customs. If he came in one piece, which at this point i doubt very much considering he is on the road for more than a month, i am not ever touching his legs My seller looks like he wont be much help with replacement, too.

17. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

After this whole fiasco I find it hard to support BMB until they get back to the quality of Ares Nitrogen.

• Like Like x 7
  18. williammmw

williammmw MuderPrimus

News Credits:
    I have replaced my parts with the enhanced nylon parts. It also comes with a longer screw. My original one didn't broke, and the nylon one seems to be more durable

• Like Like x 4
  19. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Hopefully someone will release an upgrade kit for this

20. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Hello, can anybody help me with the weight of the figure? Mine is released from customs and parcel looks too light based on the information. I am going to a vacation and probably will miss the package. So i am curious is the figure legit?