OSKO SS Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, May 7, 2020.

1. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

I dream that they just straight up release the files to the public

would never happen realistically, but...

2. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

Why do companies think that, because Hasbro lets them do whatever, Disney/Bandai will be the same?

It's like, "Oh, hey, I can ride a tricycle! Time to compete in motocross I guess!"

• Like Like x 8
  3. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Not even hasbro or some licensed third party company.

FRICKING DISNEY :lol :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  4. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Wow, that Aoyi LS-12 is huge!

5. Grimrem

Grimrem Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That is a screw that was over - tightened. Very common in workshop.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SG_DJ_Vaporwave

SG_DJ_Vaporwave SG Radio - Beats to Transform / Rise Up To

Off topic but I may have to switch up my order for the LS-12 and go with the Weijiang/Model Wizard one. He’s just way too big.

7. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's probably why people are concerned with this. FT is established and the whole Sheridan deal has shown that they're willing (at least as far as appearances are concerned) to do something about a problem their customers face. Zeus is a complete unknown with regards to spares, and even if BmB have something of a history of being good with them (have they? I've never checked) than there's no way to be certain it will flow on to this new branch.

Further to that, providing a spare doesn't help much if it just does exactly the same thing. It's an unknown as to whether it's something they'll fix or just keep throwing shoddy pieces at until you bugger off.

8. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, it looks like it would definitely be worth your time to model that part; if this issue is widespread, there would be some money to be made in providing a fix for people. Mine is already on the way, I know I would pay to have some spare parts on-hand.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Whatifsin

Whatifsin Well-Known Member

Then paint the eye with glow-in-the-dark paint. The paint that I use for glow in the dark stuff is made for gun sights won't scratch off won't peel and the glow effect works for a very long time. As a bonus it comes in most Transformer eye colors SmartSelect_20200604-014926_eBay.jpg SmartSelect_20200604-014958_eBay.jpg
    Besides that transform element and BMB are the same company. And every transform element release has been good. Whether it is to someone's taste is debatable but the build quality has been par or better. Same with plastic quality and paint. I'm considering selling my LS 07 Volkswagen Bumblebee from Black Mamba and getting the transform element one. He's a lot shorter and rounder but I like the transformation.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Citranite

Citranite Shockwave's Bae

YouTube:
    Were did you order from?

Anyway, this is a big bummer, I hope I get lucky and it dosen't break, I don't have plans to transform it anyway. So it shouldnt be a big deal, lets hope this "zues toys" knows what there doing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

Interesting idea. Thanks!

12. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I couldn't bring myself to ask money for something like that. It's not my design, after all - I'd just be making a copy, or at least a functionally identical replacement. Much like I did with CW-01's shin/knee guard mounting piece (and the gun mount, which I recently revisited oddly enough), I'd just put the design up on Thingiverse - free to whoever wants it, but they have to organise the print themselves.

But any such design would depend on me acquiring the figure, and none of my usual sources have it in stock as yet so that's not even an option right now.

I'm still wondering what Zeus is going to do about it, though. At the moment their silence is hurting them almost as much as the breakages.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Hmm. Been out of the loop, but based on the figure's size and the breakage issues, I'm out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NothingHead

News Credits:
    When I receive mine I will put it through its paces; if I suffer a blowout, I can reconstruct the component and send it your way. As long as folks will help me cover materials, I can score some PETG and manufacture replacements at-cost. I have print capability, but hilariously no skill or capacity when it comes to actually modeling.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NothingHead

News Credits:
    TFSafari had it listed as in stock; I can’t open the site at the moment because my Internet is crap, but hopefully they have it I can’t open the site at the moment because my internet is crap, but hopefully they have it and shipped because its been a couple days and they definitely charged me for it. I’ll try to confirm.

16. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Rip 78097567-FF85-443E-ACCE-896A7C0E4181.png

really the only part I like more than the OG is the hips and it’s borked for so many people a retailer has to make a notice, such a shame

17. Nikkal101

Nikkal101 Well-Known Member

Amazing how they (Zeus Toys) have the audacity to post this and still charge $100.

"This product sucks, but we will still charge regular price. When yours most likely breaks, you will have to wait for us to ship you a replacement"

Mine as well just ship a second pair of replacement parts in each shipment.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

Hey now, this isn't ShowZ's choice nor doing, they didn't create the toy, they can't decide its price, and they can't have a second set of replacement parts with each figure unless they take apart another figure in their stock or ask the creator company for replacements parts. If anything, they're doing the best they can, giving their consumers a heads up and being completely open to sending replacement parts.

• Like Like x 10
  19. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Store has audacity to tell it’s customers of potential problems.

I assume ya want to speak to the manager as well?

• Like Like x 14
  20. Nikkal101

Nikkal101 Well-Known Member

"They" I meant Black Mamba / Zeus Whatever should take the hit on their lack of poor QC and provide those replacement parts ahead of time knowing their product is so messed up.

By all means not cimplaining about ShowZ.

• Like Like x 11