Aoyi Mech LS-12 OSKO "Not MPM-8" Movie Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Thalyn, Sep 28, 2019.

1. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

I did but I also saw several people post about it in the large FB groups that trend towards the negative. I just remembered that it's CNY so I won't be making a purchase today anyways!

2. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is anyone interested in selling their second mace? I was hoping to shave it down and use it for my WJ Megatron

3. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    Sadly I have done a crack on one of the wings on AoyiMech LS13. But I will fix it... :( 

4. Edimus38

Edimus38 Well-Known Member

I think one bad thing about this meg is the packaging itself.. the box is too small for a figure this big, the pointy parts of meg's body is very close to the edge of the box, well.. actually his whole body is very close to the edge of the box and its clamshell is very thin. so if the shipping company not very gently when handling it, it's gonna..well you know..

5. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    I think that that's the main reason by what the shoulders came broken on a few cases.

On mi figure... yesterday transforming it... a CRACK.

I usually fix the cracks easily on my figures (except on translucent plastics). It's a tiny crack, I'll filling it with baker soda and a veeeery litle drop of cyanocrylate, will fix it. That mix make a very hard material that works with everything, except that you need to being sand it and paint it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  6. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    Sorry for the double post, I have to re-write my words. After two weeks of having this figure, I feel dissapointed more and more. I think that Aoyi it's not only a re-branded name of Black Mamba, I think that they use worst and weak materials now. More cracks noticed...

• Like Like x 1
  7. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oof now I'm starting getting worried about my MPM Jazz Ko. Thankfully it was cheap :p 

8. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    I need a Ratchet, Jazz and Black Apple Ironhide to finish my TF Movie 2007 collection... and I'm afraid that the only options will be AoyiMech.

9. StudioSlash

StudioSlash Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Sorry for repeating messages from another thread.
    Hello! Everyone who is interested in this topic. I conducted the present study, I studied the issue of the scale and quality of painting in the confrontation between T08 and LS12 If you are interested in knowing my arguments, please let me know, and soon I will publish a large post with pictures and explanations. And now I will only tell you the result - T08 is the best by far and ideally suited for Optimus Black Apple.
    The color of T08 also most accurately repeats the color of Megatron in the film 2007, although it seems that the LS12 is more similar, but this is just an illusion. I hope for your attention. Thanks!
    I personally have a model T08 with a chain of weapons from LS12
    Sorry my english, this is google translator.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Temenos88

Temenos88 Well-Known Member

Would love to hear your opinions based on your study. I personally disagree, as I settled on LS12. The gold is far too prominent on the other guy.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

Isn't LS12 closer to the right scale though?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup

13. Joker11

Joker11 New Member

This guy's a beast, easily the most menacing kit I own. Also think the subtle bronze colour and the size are spot on. IMG_20200204_192743.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20200205-002122_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200205-002213_Instagram.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. StudioSlash

Instagram:
    Guys, I need a little time to respond in detail. Currently, I am communicating with the person Red Goblin who created the same size line of transformers, which was taken as a standard. I need to gather evidence and prepare a lot of images. I hope I can do this by about February 26. In the meantime, I will show you the images of my the best Megatron 2007 kit T08+LS12 for today in my opinion, which I want to repaint. 1UWF4mJuys8.jpg 7zwIRcQZii0.jpg 8ALhU_bvZII.jpg bj-yZLlgGZ0.jpg isbsekgxfTs.jpg S1oQAjreMq4.jpg yskE40bdsWw.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  16. Temenos88

Not certain that any of the 'scale charts' are actually official or taken as 'standard' by anyone. The gold coloring is still far too prominent imo.
    I do agree with you on the chain whips however, which come from LS-12. The superior release imo.
    Either way, the backpack is too big to be accurate on both offerings compared to his movie model, which I'm not sure can be helped given his pretty spot on transformation.

17. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WJ (and that one, if it's a custom) definitely have the gold too bright. But it's more prominent than BmB have done in the actual movie. It's more of a brass than a gold (or copper/bronze like BmB), and definitely not a yellow. Though there are some scenes (like on top of the building, when he takes a couple pieces of Jazz, etc) where the whole thing appears to have a more warm colour cast (artistic? Time of day?) which makes it more gold, but that also makes the silver/grey look more brown/tan.

upload_2020-2-8_2-32-47.png

Best shot I can find that isn't too unfairly skewing the colour in the shadows or whole-scene colouring. You can see it on his sternum, around the mouth, and on the far side of the chest. Not sure if that shoulder panel is also supposed to be that colour or if that's "reflections" from the mountains.

• Like Like x 3
  18. StudioSlash

Instagram:
    You see, all the same, the film is fantastic, and it is impossible to realize a transforming model. For transform into a starship Megatron, this is very good. It is necessary to sacrifice something ... A non-transforming figure can be made the most accurate. But this does not suit me, it is no a transformer, but just a statue.
    Guys, I'm sorry that you start arguing before you get my solid message with arguments, so I have to answer you. I don’t know which movie you are watching, but in the 2007 film Megatron appears in 3 scenes, and always looks the same. It is very richly painted, and never looks like a piece of shiny polished steel. These are random screenshots from the movie, see how rich it is in bronze shades, and compare them with WJ's paint color. With the exception of damage and old metal, in general it is extremely similar to what we see in the film, study it in my rough photos. If you are going to argue, please confirm your opinion with documents. Thanks! Support me, who trusts me and is waiting for my detailed answer with great evidence and images. T08 is the most similar color of the whole figure.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  19. Temenos88

I think it's better you got your argument out now, rather than making everyone 'wait'.
    At the end of the day, detailed descriptions/supporting evidence aside, this is still your personal opinion based on how you choose to see the character.
    I think when you claim something as 'the true definitive version" to begin with, you are setting yourself up for rebuttal.
    Everybody agrees scale is all over the place, and it appears certain coloration debates are the same way, so to refute anybody coming back at you without their own 'documents' is folly.
    I agree with Thalyn is saying about the lighting on the cgi model. I'd agree that based on these shots he "appears" gold because of the sun in the scene, but not as gold as the WJ version made it. I personally like the much more subdued look on the LS-12, and disagree that it's coloration is a "bright light metal with black details".

• Like Like x 1
  20. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    LS12, better paintjob... But cracks everywhere.

• Like Like x 1