OSKO "Not MPM-8" Movie Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Thalyn, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Temenos88

Temenos88 Well-Known Member

0173fc1349ffab316d0c925c3488c1cb549f7e37b7.jpg 01b4ded23604ba6cc596d37c5d930427d0be00c1a2.jpg 01508e64b724168944e79fa57db7730f43acddcec7.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Edimus38

Edimus38 Well-Known Member

He is a big boy, so he has a very limited pose ability inside my detolf..

upload_2020-1-15_14-48-25.png

• Like Like x 6
  3. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Poor Megs... standing there, under Prime, just like...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  4. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

Is it somewhere here?

[​IMG]

5. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno if I'm alone in this, but I feel a little underwhelmed by this figure having finally gotten it in hand. There's nothing actually wrong with it as such, but it isn't really what I was expecting (not that I really know what that was any more). Though, on reflection, it has left me feeling a bit like I did after every other Black Mamba figure I've received (save LS-11 Ancient Behemoth, who I really liked), which is to say that I was honestly expecting more than what I got - even if I got what I paid for.

A lot of the tabs seem to have flash on them. Posts, mortise/tenons... doesn't matter. They just don't fit in the holes properly and it all seems to be due to flash on the tip of the proud part and start of the holes. This isn't exactly hard to clean up but feels like something I shouldn't have to do. It also makes some of the parts that start connected (like his shins) extremely awkward to split without the aid of a tool. His fingers also like coming untabbed from the forearm pieces during transformation, too, which could be related.

Then there's the paint. It's good, but it isn't really like the videos or stills. Perhaps it's the lighting (or lack there-of) but it just looks flat. It's even, it's well done, but it doesn't really "pop" - especially not like some shots where it almost appeared to have a two-tone type effect where some of the grey is metallic and some (like his face) is chrome. Again, it's not bad, it's just... "meh" (which pretty much sums up my feelings on my BmB figures so far).

Probably should have gotten Earthquake in hindsight, given I don't own a single WJ figure I don't like. But I made my choice and I'm sticking with it. At least he doesn't have a weird smell like the LS-06S I got in the same delivery (which is hopefully just the paint).

6. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

How's the quality on this guy?

Is he as good as their Ironhide or more like their Brawl?

7. Could Mango Juice

Could Mango Juice Todos saúdam Megatron!

News Credits:
    Thoughts?

Attached Files:

8. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Few messages before... I quote myself :lol  not issues on my OSKO and as I know, maybe it's a particular case if someone broke their osko.

9. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More like Brawl, only without the (ironic) QC sticker. Mine wasn't broken out of the box or anything, and nothing seemed like it was going to break too easily, but it just doesn't feel that great in-hand.

I'll go take another look at him, though, just in case, and let you know if anything stands out.

• Like Like x 2
  10. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

Dude on FB gave a scathing review of this version.

11. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Maybe Aoiyi Mech is the "cheaper" brand of Black Mamba with poor materials?. Is that why they changed the name?.

12. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, so, I just went over mine again. Transformed him to jet and back, gave the joints a good wiggle. Not exactly wearing the white gloves, but not going out of my way to destroy anything; though I was perhaps a little rougher than I should have been at times...

He held up just fine. Aside from the aforementioned flash (which I just cleaned off), a few tabs which don't hold properly, my inability to get his legs correctly transformed (I couldn't get his shins to come up far enough to tab the waist pieces into them), and the absolutely dreadful instructions, it's not terrible. It's not great, but it's not terrible. The joints themselves are also quite substantial - too much so in the secondary knee joint which is only used for transformation. There's a few panels which separate a little along the seams which could well have the same flash problem on internal joints.

Now, I can kinda see how those tabs under his pauldrons get damaged - his arms are quite long, so that's a lot of leverage. Same goes for that damge on the wings if you try to fold them up incorrectly. Though I've no idea what that third loop is pointing to, nor the head shot, so I can't say that I saw even potential issues there.

With all that said, though, given the benefit of hindsight and my experiences with Wei Jiang I would have bought Earthquake instead. Give the vast difference in opinions I'd say this one is something of a gamble, and I just managed to fall on the better side of things. It's not enough to make me regret having bought, though, and I've no intention of selling - just that I'd have chosen differently if I had a do-over and avoid that gamble altogether.

Don't think so. LS-10 (Brawl) was still BmB, and I wasn't overly impressed with LS-5 (Grimlock) either, where LS-11 (Scorn) was under the Aoyi brand and I have no issue with it at all aside from the spines being bent due to how it sat in the clamshell (which is easily fixable). I suspect there's just always been good and bad units, with there being more of the latter on the recent releases.

Plus side, this does save me some money. I was seriously tempted by LS-13 through LS-15. Just not willing to take the gamble any more, given I've already seen a lack of QC on LS-14 courtesy of Ben's sliced hand.

13. Edimus38

Edimus38 Well-Known Member

I don't know about others, theirs are broken ootb, but mine arrived in a perfect condition, maybe it's just a shitty handling when the box are shipped.
    as for the figure it self, I can say it's very well made, it's durable enoungh for my rough way of transforming it, tabs are tabbed where it supposed to..
    yeah it's very hard at first..but it's gonna get easier for the 3rd or 4th times transforming it..

upload_2020-1-22_22-57-11.png

upload_2020-1-22_22-58-31.png

upload_2020-1-22_23-0-26.png

• Like Like x 5
  14. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Same on me!.

15. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is this still available?

16. Temenos88

Temenos88 Well-Known Member

I really like my Aoyi Megatron. I previously had Honey Badger.
    In direct comparison to that figure, Aoyi feels much better.
    Overall plastic quality is great, and the Facebook review up there is either an isolated case or possibly improper handling by the user.
    I chose Aoyi over the other offering due to my personal opinion that the gold areas on the figure look out of place.
    The darker paint applications to the varying grades of silver plastic/paint on this figure make it look much more accurate to the movie model.
    I also love the hollowed out chain whips that the Aoyi version offers, as that is obviously how it was meant to be, however, some flexible wire through the whip would've been excellent.
    The rotatable fin section on the backpack is a welcome addition, and does help with the overall shape Megatron gives off, when compared to other MPM molds.
    I have transformed this figure back and forth a couple of times each now, with no "crumbling" of plastic.
    My Honey Badger felt a lot lighter and even had one of the right hand digits break at the connection point.
    I really do not believe you can compare Thunder Leader to this Megatron either. Completely different level of KO figure, sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Could Mango Juice

Could Mango Juice Todos saúdam Megatron!

News Credits:
  18. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Agree with everything you said.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

I'm still on the fence as to which to buy. There's actually several negative reviews of this one out there but the finish looks a bit better than the WJ and also it's HUGER.

20. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If you saw the "sample" reviews... Every sample review passed by a lot of hands and those figures was terribly handled.

Better ask to the people here who has already the figure.