OS KO MP Optimus Primal

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by archieboy, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, should have been more clear. I meant that I was disappointed that the KO is oversized and is not the same size/scale as official BW MPs. Takara set the “official” scale for BW Masterpiece with their stuff and I would prefer KOs stick to that scale, or at least offer 1:1 KOs as well as Upsized. Agree BW MP scale is different to G1 MP scale and this is now introducing yet another Oversized BW MP scale. I won’t buy an oversized KO of BW stuff but if it’s a 1:1 and the cost is decent I may take a look at Dinobot or the other non-leader bots.
    I've edited my original comment to actually make more sense. I can only plead sleep deprivation as mitigating circumstances. Yay for young kids!!
    That would be pretty cool actually. I really like the texture they applied on Dinobot and I think Megatron has a similar application? It's disappointing to see texture on the dino's but not on the mammals. I understand the whole "cgi accurate" thing but it's just a little too bland for me.
    I really like the Prime 1 Statue effort - it mkes it look like he's actually got an organic beast mode, whereas the MP doesn't look organic or realistic at all.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Damn right, I always thought Primal was a bit larger then a normal Gorilla anyhow, given he's also a robot, shouldn't he be bigger? the King of the Apes??

But I'm with the rest of the crew on here.. I kinda prefer the Normal scaling that TT has going on. I want a KO 1:1 scale with improvements on the original for Optimus Primal, including but not limited to the elbow gaps. I'm going to have to pass on this. But there is definitely a Market for KO BW Masterpiece action figures. I've wanted to get into the BW MPs for awhile now, but given I am collecting G1 MPs, and the Movie MPMs, it is hard to gather all three, and to be honest, all three are the best of the best for what I want. Sorry RID, Cybertron, Armada, and Galaxy fans. I know you guys want some Masterpieces sometime in the future. You will get your chance, for now, let us old timers have our collection. Masterpiece Optimal Optimus better be the size of Star Saber tho.. He's massive!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    anyhow, the scaling they have done so far for BW MPs is spot on in my POV..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not a fan of the OS KOs because I am going for show accuracy. So until they start releasing a KO 1:1 Scale with Improvements like how wonderfully Legendary Toys has done with the MPM line up so far. I will have to suffer the curse of being too poor to buy all three lines of Action Figures. Problem is, with the Main official lines, their prices go up if you are behind their release dates.. come late to the party. There is a valid reason for the KO market, especially for a KO market that improves and betters the original figure, instead of Cheap KOs, we get these High end KOs, which is good for me, good for my wallet, and allows me to feel satisfied as a fan of the characters, which is what it is all about.. I am a FAN of the CHARACTERS, not the Manufacturers.. It was the Characters that I fell in love with.. Not Hasbro or Takara Tomy. Greatful they exist and do what they do, but they get their money, and they get their products bought cause there's always a collector market willing to purchase the official. For me tho, I want the best there is, and with some KOs these days, you tend to get a better rendition via 3RD party and 4TH Party manufacturers.

Give me this..
    [​IMG]

In a Takasa Tony and I'll be happy, as long as the KO is of High Quality and value. Where is Wei Jiang with these? Legendary Toys? I mean, I would have thought a Beast Wars KO line would be a no brainer given how stupidly costly TAKARA TOMY has become with their ridiculous pricing. There's a KO market out there for BW.. But Not in the OS at least that is how I feel about it. I want 1:1 scale and accuracy, and quality or improvements to the originals. Otherwise, I will just stick to the MP G1 line or MPM line.

3. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

I'm only happy because it means there's a chance for Dinobot and Megatron to also get KO'd. hehehe

• Like Like x 1
  4. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    I mean they’d almost have to KO Megatron wouldn’t they? The cost is so outrageous that even some of the rabid fanboys did a spit-take. If that lot stop and think before uploading the “throws money at screen” meme, you know you may have gone too far.
    If the KO’s can knock $100 or more off the price of Megs they’ll be immensely popular.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently WJ is still working on their version and there have not been updates for a while, its supposed to be a Black Apple version and there was a video showing improved elbow joints, if I can remember

• Like Like x 1
  6. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    OS or 1 to 1 scale? I am so hoping not an OS.. But it's WJ.. they have been doing it all along, and so I wouldn't be surprised. Just disappointed.

7. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

I'd like to think they'd be obligated to do so. lol

And I agree; since I couldn't justify getting official Dinobot, how much more for Megatron? It's a trifle disappointing we need to wait for KOs. Ironically, they can offer better QC too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ASS LONG as it doesn't cost near 80$ i'll be fine.

9. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

The recent revelations of problems with Dinobot's shoulder makes me want to bail on all the TAK MPs I already have (still MIB) and wait for KOs. Well see how this OP comes out first I suppose. Hopefully these are the kind of KOs that come out superior to the official product.

10. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Most MP KO’s seem to be at least on par with official if not improved these days. Even the latest lambo KO’s are more solid, tab at the waist and have rubber tyres.
    I imagine Beast Wars KO’s will be equally solid. The only real unknown I think is the paint, and that’s pretty prone to chips and damage on officials.

• Like Like x 2
  11. is456

is456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    9a63404e9258d109f7ee657cdd58ccbf6d814da2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

• Like Like x 1
  13. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will assume that it does. The KO is supposed to have the shoulder pads sit more flush on the arm in beast mode, as we see on the figure on the right.

• Like Like x 2
  14. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Can I make a wish as well: I'd like a downscaled Dinobot!

15. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Ooohhhh. That’s cool if so.

16. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would certainly buy a 1:1 KO if it had that elbow upgrade. :) 

18. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    Okay..okay..okay..

Now I am excited! Do we have a thread for this 1:1 scale KO yet? I want that, the shoulders look so much better. I want to know more! Elbow improvements? What else was improved? Gimme gimme gimme!! Giggity giggity.

19. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its an OS version,

20. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    Damn..that's okay for those that want that. I'm good with 1:1 scale KOs, now I know one is coming. I'm very excited.