OS KO Hulkie

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 11, 2016.

1. gar3

gar3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi all,

I was debating buying two sets of Reprolabels for DX9 Hulkie for my two MF-17s I gave to my son recently:
    Labels for DX9 Hulkie

Would these stickers work for the MechFansToys ones? Does anyone think I'll run into any color issues if I used them on my yellow version?

2. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Yes they do work and no there won't be any color issues.

• Like Like x 1
  3. gar3

gar3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice! Thank you very much. I'll tack two sets onto my next order at the end of the month then and sooner or later I'll take pics and post 'em here.

4. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Let me know how is liking them!

Cool that man! Thanks for the props!

No problem. Glad you like them!

Got to respectfully disagree. Thank you for the comparison. Maybe some pics would help illustrate what you mean?

Even if one was to ignore that the MFT set is about 30% of the cost of the DX9 Hulkie - I personally am extremely happy with the plastic. I have fiddled with many KO's lately - and in my humble opinion, the plastic use by MFT is extremely solid and much better than the bendy plastic of a lot of KO figures.

The only reason i let my kids play with them, is not just b/c they are cheap - but b/c the plastic quality felt extremely solid and smooth. at least on my copy, there was no creaky brittleness. Joints are all fine with the exception of the arm pit/shoulder joints being a bit loose. Connections are all solid - but not a huge fan of how the chest plugs into the head/shoulder piece - that's a little bit precarious - but I believe that's how DX9 designed it so not sure where to point the finger at on that...

As a mini combined figure for < $50 brand new shipped (check out my BST), I think these are dope. when I compare it to the likes of IF $30-$50 figures, I think it fits in pretty nicely quality and scale wise.

Of course I'm totally biased because I already bought them and have helped several others get copies - but in my genuine honest opinion, to say that MFT dropped the ball when they've delivered a solid quality, good plastic, cute accessories, 6 figure, combining Devastator - all at 30% of the original including shipping - I just think it's a bit harsh.

As a disclaimer - I am a cheap man, so I'd still totally pay 30% of the cost if the KO was like 80% as good as the original. But just based on what I've handled myself - I'd put MFT at like 97%+ of the original, so I'm totally happy with this set.

You can PM me if you like. My supplier said the factory would be re-releasing more shipments in about 2 weeks. Will have them at the same price in my BST.

See Cost & Order info here...

• Like Like x 2
  5. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    My retailer is sending me a replacement part (basically the whole shovel and Scrapper's back), so I guess I'm good now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jalaj

jalaj Member

Couldn't pass up on a green KO hulkie for $30 USD shipped, so I got one in to compare. Going to have to revise my previous statement about the MFT KO as the green hulkie copy I received has tight joints all over, no annoying floppiness to be found. The paint apps are also pretty much on par (excluding the crooked red painted visor) with the original DX9. Both green and yellow KO hulkies weigh 207g (DX9 hulkie weighs 220g), so I assume that the MFT green and yellow versions are of the same plastic material.
    ministators.jpg
    (NOTE: poor potato pic) from left to right: DX9 hulkie, MFT yellow KO hulkie, MFT green KO hulkie

Of the three figures on display, my preference goes to the bright green MFT KO hulkie, which vibrantly pops out better than the original DX9 that is of a mustard green/wasabi color. I'm not certain why, but to the eye test the green MFT lends better at masking plastic quality than the yellow MFT.
    Overall I'm very pleased that my green copy has tight joints, so this one is never going to be taken apart as that may loosen up the joints. So yeah, I recommend the green MFT KO hulkie.

• Like Like x 2
  7. hypno

hypno Well-Known Member

What seller did you get him from for $30 shipped?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Is there a non-OS version of the KO? On TF Direct, it seems like this guy is a same size KO.

9. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

Just seeing this thread.
    You can find my unboxing/ review/ fixes on this guy in the 3rd party review thread.
    One other advice, when i use my solder iron, i forgot to put paper tape around them.
    Especially on longhaul.
    So do that if you are going the same road as me to get the joints more tight.
    Good luck.

10. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually I think the only KO is the same size. It was originally thought to be oversized but ended up being a straight KO. AFAIK there is no OS KO of Hulkie.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Thanks. I wasn't sure if TF-Direct's description was just wrong.

12. Shanxs

dude, here is my fix video for hercules.
    don't forget to put some paper tape on them for when you slip your solder iron.
    the paper tape that is used when painting indoor.
    i think you know what i mean.

13. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing you mean to put tape over the pin area which protects the surrounding plastic, and then solder? Haven't really done any soldering so I'm not sure exactly what you mean with the tape.

14. Shanxs

not over the pin area, but around it.
    when i was doing longhaul, i slipped my hand and longhaul got a hole in his upper leg.

15. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

I've fixed any areas of looseness with an application or 2 of Future.

Using a soldering iron to melt the plastic seems a bit risky to me. o_O 

• Like Like x 3
  16. Shanxs

:) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) 

17. gar3

gar3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    After a bit of a delay I finally received two sets of stickers from ReproLabels for "DX9 Hulkie." I applied one set to the yellow version so far and took two quick pics against the unlabeled green set (which I'll start to sticker-up right now, heh). My son enjoys playing with these guys an awful lot. I gave him both sets for his ninth birthday last month and so far they seem to be holding up great with zero issues. Well worth considering picking one up if you have a youngster in mind. Great play value for the price. If anyone wants to see any particular figure in detail for either color just let me know and I'll see what I can do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

Damn, I grew up with green, but I'm tempted to get yellow for some reason.

19. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Hey, is the MFT green reissue listed on Show Z shipping list same as the DX9 green or the MFT neon green?

20. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is this list?