OS KO Hulkie

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 11, 2016.

1. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

They're pretty solid little figs overall. Don't know if such small toys are good for that age group, but the ball joints seem pretty sturdy so far.
    I recommend the set highly, but like I said, not sure about suitability for small children. Maybe as long as you're playing together?

2. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Already have a Hulkie but I'm tempted by this to have a set in bot mode.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very tempting...

4. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I was hoping this was OS because it would fit in with the CW combiners better than the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Think I'm going to go ahead and grab a yellow set. I've got an upgraded CW Devastator for my G1, this will be a nice side piece.

6. gar3

gar3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just ordered both a green and yellow set from rubadubspawn here. I'm hoping my son, who loves Cyberverse-size stuff, will get a kick out of 'em.

7. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    These are really not bad... especially for $50. They're on the more G1 side of green vs CW Devy's anime yellow-green.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thanks for the support man! Post some pictures when you get em!

I found some time to bust open my G2 set and gotta say, they are pretty solid in the quality department and I'm impressed with the ingenuity of the original Dx9 designers. Everything pegs together pretty well in combined mode and he does look very cool.

Robots are well done (except maybe scavenger who has some Wierd looking waist going on). For the price I think they are totally a great toy for tf fans as well as non tf fans since they are fun to check out separately, transformation is intuitive, the combined mode is a big nice bonus.

I immediately let my 3 year old boys play with them and they definitely liked the diggers and shovels. Lol. I usually let them handle my figures (albeit I cringe a bit) but for these guys, I was happy to let them play.

One thing I don't like.. The wheels on some of the figures are real vs on others they are fake (just part of the mold). The kids said "wheels broken dad"

Gonna have these back in stock end of the month (feb). Pm me if ur interested...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    IMG_0267.JPG Got mine from Rubadubspawn this week. I really do love them, they're all so charming even if a little limited in the individual robots. Long Haul is excellent in particular. Snapped a quick picture. Well worth picking up for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  10. gar3

gar3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got the green one yesterday but the yellow one still hasn't arrived yet :-/ Hopefully it comes by my son's birthday on Thursday, heh.

11. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

opened mine yesterday. This is the modern devastator I've always wanted. I mean, I'm still in for a big showpiece one. But these guys are fun to fiddle with and look good enough in each mode that I'd say to anyone on the fence to jump in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

Got the green one a few days ago (Thanks Rub) This toy is badass. There's something about the mini-size and feel of these things that is just cool. (jacked up visor paint aside ;)  )

• Like Like x 1
  13. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

I decided to attempt to 'un-jack up' the visor paint. I had to sand away all the factory red paint so Devy wouldn't look like he was crying blood. Re-painted visor and face. bad pics but you get the idea...

FullSizeRender_1.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. aledromo

Great paint job!

15. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Well, mine came in the mail today. Unfortunately, the shipping box was mangled,

[​IMG]

the MFT box a little crushed,

[​IMG]

and Scrapper didn't survive the trip from China.

[​IMG]

I'm bummed.

16. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Dude that sucks :/ That shear looks really messy... will you be able salvage him?

17. aledromo

Or replace him?

18. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Maybe, if I can get a pin or something for support and glue it. As bad as the break looks both halves line up fine.

I sent an email to the retailer. I haven't had to have anything replaced by TF-DIRECT before; I've heard good things though, and I've had no issues buying from them.

19. jalaj

jalaj Member

Dang that sucks, hope you can get reimbursed for the damaged goods with either the seller or carrier.

I have the original DX9. Just got the KO, MF G2 version in today. So here's a comparison of the two.

In hand the quality of the KO is noticeably inferior to the original. MF went with a cheaper, hard plastic that is more brittle, e.g. notice how the plastic cracked cleanly with barely any stress marks in mikeszekely's broken Scrapper picture. Comparatively DX9 has a softer ABS plastic that will hold up better to rough handling. But considering price difference of the KO to the original, most will find the cheaper plastic material as more than an acceptable tradeoff. The KO's China MSRP is 199 to 219 RMB (~ $29 to $32 USD) whereas the original I believe was around 580 to 700 RMB.

Tolerances appear to be YMMV. My KO's shoulder connectors and hand plugs are very snug, whereas other posters reported loose shoulder connectors on their copies. Unfortunately my KO is not perfect, as scrapper's shovel arm is loose (probably fixable with future), so at the moment the combiner mode is limited to upright stances. Comparatively for tolerances, my DX9 copy is pretty solid overall with the exception of the shoulder connectors and hand plugs not quite as snug as the KO copy.

QA/QC, the KO's paint job is sloppier (devastator eyes/glasses are crooked) but it is almost on par with the original.

BTW, can someone do a lead test on the MF?? lol.

Here's a weight comparison.
    DX9 combiner: 220g
    MF17 G2 combiner: 208g

Overall I think MF dropped the ball here, failing by neither matching or improving the quality, especially since TsTm, KBB, WJ, and other bootleggers are able to provide equal or upgraded KOs at lower prices than the original figures. My take, if you can get the MF near the China MSRP + shipping costs to your door, it's a solid buy for people considering it. But at higher prices the cheap plastic quality aspect makes me say hold off until you find a deal.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ttocs415

ttocs415 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Where is the cheapest place to grab this from

• Like Like x 1