Orion Pax Part 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Oberoniss, Feb 25, 2012.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think that idea's long since been dropped. They never explored it in season 1, I doubt they will now.

Also he's still technically Optimus Prime, he just has the memories of his non-Prime self.

2. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    But Ratchet said he had "lost the wisdom of the Primes" and "reverted to his Pre-Prime state."

Wouldn't that mean he is technically no longer a Prime?

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Mentally he reverted. He's still physically Optimus Prime.

If him being a Prime is all in his head, then how could he be a Prime without his memories of being a Prime?

4. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    ...Ow my head.

5. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

If this has already been posted please disregard.

Just got through watching Orion Pax part 2

Did you guys notice the similarity between Agent Fowler (imitating a Decepticon) while talking to Breakdown and Han Solo after blasting his way into the detention bay in Episode IV?

Han Solo hunched over com panel facing right - "Everythings in control, situation normal........ We're fine. We're all fine here. How are you?"

Fowler hunched over com panel facing right - "This is space bridge control, situation normal....We were just calibrating the sub-systems and we had a surge but it's fine now, how are you?"

Orion Pax part 2 time stamp 18:20

Rescue of the Princess - YouTube timestamp 2:38

6. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Someone already posted a whole thread about that, yeah. I thought it was a nice touch though, especially Breakdown's comment at the end.

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

How would Vector Sigma restore his Prime status but not his memories? That doesn't make any sense. He didn't even loose his Prime status, he just doesn't remember being a Prime. To restore his Prime status his memories have to be restored, no memory, no Prime.

8. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Apparently VS is a giant back-up of the colective memories of all the Primes, and yet nobody considered it would be wise to the Last of the Primesto carry his own personal database copy when they left Cybertron. Tsk, tsk, tsk...

9. Deltus

Deltus 異種

I believe as stated in the G1 movie what it takes to be a Prime is simply having -imus at the end of your first name.

10. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Orion Pax became Optimus Prime when "The Wisdom of the Primes" was bestowed upon him. Then he was Optimus Prime for a looooong time until he unleashed TWOTP to defeat Unicron and reverted back to Orion Pax.

Now Orion Pax can once again get TWOTP and upgraded to Optimus Prime, but just like the 1st time Orion became Optimus... minus the memories of having been Optimus for a loooooong time. He'd have to "become" the OP we met in "Darkness Rising" all over again.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But how would Vector Sigma have Optimus memories? I mean they haven't even been on that planet for millions of years now. Wi-Fi connection doesn't go that far. Unless it only restores his War for Cybertron memories or something I don't see that making sense.

12. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

Ratchet did say that Vector Sigma also carries the wisdom of the "PRIMES" as the matrix did. So that means Vector sigma holds Optimus "PRIME" s memories. They ones he had when he was a "PRIME".

^^^^

13. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I liked Breakdown's comment. See guys, the Cons are all bad :) 

I beg to differ. Sentinel Prime, Vector Prime. No "imus" there.

14. walnuts

walnuts Well-Known Member

Megatronus Prime even?

15. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

the things i got confused: wasnt he leading the Autobots for some measure of time before he got the Matrix? but i can get past that for sake of plot. The other thing is: being a complete databse and and repository and such, i would think Vector Sigma would COMPLETELY restore Optimus and his memories. I dont think that would be as interesting though

16. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Finally saw the episode. I don't feel like reading through 58 pages so I'll just post what I want to say.

A good chunk focused on what Jack is to become later on in the series. Really looking forward to where that goes.

Starscream being Starscream. I really missed that.

Arcee's anguish on Cybertron was powerful, IMO.

Much of the episode was great, so an excellent episode.

As for the trailer for the next episode, it's good to see Insecticons and Scraplets again. And as for whether or not Arcee will die, I doubt she will based on 4 reasons:

1. With all the crap she's dealt with, it's a single Insecticon that kills her?
    2. I can't see her dying before Airachnid.
    3. The backlash will be insane on their part.
    4. A rumor (that I won't discuss) that I've been hearing in multiple places.

Also, if you watch the shortened version of the trailer, there appears to be a new scene where it looks like the Nemesis is exploding. Fascinating.

17. VincentMagius

VincentMagius Well-Known Member

If I understand the story properly, the Council cannot just name someone Prime. They can deem you worthy and send you on the path. Orion Pax had to journey to the heart of Cybertron and ask Primus if he was worthy. He received the Matrix of Leadership making him Prime.

I guess it returns magically to Primus at the death of the last keeper. The Primes are apparently less leaders and more weilders of artifacts from the original 13 Primes. Maybe if we see another Prime, we'll see another artifact.

18. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

I get that part, i just thought that between the naming and him getting the matrix he still met and led some autobots

On your number four, im not sure i heard that rumor, would you consider posting a place i can find it or messaging me the contents of this rumor or something? im afraid im not very privy to most rumors and im a sucker for spoilers

19. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    That's a good question. Technically, TF Prime is in the same continuity as War for Cybertron, but there are some things that don't quite mesh.

- In WFC, Optimus fought in the war BEFORE becoming a Prime.
    - In TFP, Ratchet implied that he became a Prime first.

- In WFC, Optimus became a Prime immediately after Zeta Prime died.
    - In TFP, Ratchet stated there hadn't been a Prime for several generations prior.

Makes your head hurt, doesn't it?

20. walnuts

walnuts Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I don't pay too much attention to this canon nonsense :p