Original Transformers Story/Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prime of Shadows, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    So I had an idea for this from another thread but the popular route for TF movies today is “a boy and his car” type...stuff. This seems unnecessary from a storytelling viewpoint because the robots are human enough in their thinking that we could relate directly to them. So my idea is this:

What about a movie set on Cybertron, during the war, about 3 autobots sent on a mission to do something, maybe deliver intel or gather intel or blow something up. Perhaps Hound, Trailbreaker, and Mirage? They could develop some nice character and we could even introduce Drift as a decepticon with maybe a partner. They go after the three bots and somehow the bots and cons end up being forced to work together to defeat a common threat (maybe a rogue Shockwave or Scorponok or something) and Drift ends up being disillusioned by the con life and switches sides at the end, creating a bitter rift between himself and his teammate. We end up with Hound, Trailbreaker, Mirage, and Drift forming a new mini-team. Various other characters could make an appearance and we could explore some new fiction backstories for these four.

Mirage, Trailbreaker, and Hound would also be perfect for exploring some of the opposing mentalities of the bots and cons. All three have abilities naturally disposed to be non-offensive (in their G1 continuities anyway, mirage turns invisible, Hound creates holograms, and Trailbreaker generates forcefields). It shows how the bots aren’t always a very warlike race and they don’t want rampant murder like the cons do.

In terms of design we could do something similar to Bumblebee where the designs are pretty intricate but a little more cohesive than the bayformer designs. The alt modes could be all-original cybertronian alt modes, perhaps not with wheels as those may be obsolete given Cybertron’s advanced technology.

It could even introduce completely original characters too, it doesn’t have to be all G1 characters or all pre-existing characters.

This is all completely open to suggestions too, what do you guys think? Any ideas for plot or alterations?

I’m gonna ask any replies and repliers not to start a G1 vs bayformer argument, please. And any mod who sees the aforementioned occurring, please jump into action.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    IMO you can't develop three characters and have an entire and entirely separate "switch sides" arc all in one movie. One or the other, or just hint at Drift switching sides and save it for later.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    Hmm, you could save it for the sequel and focus on him for that one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Safeguard

Safeguard Autobot

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    I like it. Way better than what we've paid for so far. Perhaps I'm a cynic, but I doubt they would stray so far from what's come before. It would be nice to see a story focused on the titular race of beings and not the human characters.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2