Original G1 Transformers Production Art, Up for Grabs!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by StellarJet, Nov 26, 2018.

1. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    Some of us remember the amazing and unique G1 original artwork eBay seller bustatoons put up for sale not long ago. Well, this seller has just started a new set of auctions, for another set of absolutely stunning pieces of original G1 art, including:

Transformers G1 original production art IRONHIDE model sheet cel (early colors)

Transformers G1 original production art MEGATRON model/color guide (alt cannon)

Transformers G1 original production art RUMBLE model sheet cel (early colors)

Transformers G1 original production art Episode 1 Cybertron road (opening scene)

Transformers G1 original production art Episode 1 Cybetron (xerox with overlays)

Transformers G1 original production art Episode 1 Mountain Road Autobots escape

Transformers G1 original production art DEVCON original model art/color guide x2

Transformers G1 original production art Episode 1 Power Station Rumble destroys

Transformers G1 original production art Episode 1 Oil Rig (Autobots/Decepticons)

It is great to see such interesting pieces appear from time to time...True pieces of transformers history.

• Like Like x 3
  2. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

I miss the days when you could find some real animation art from the show and movie. These are cool, but just not the same.

3. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime WORLD CHAMPS! Chop on!

Thanks for the heads up. I love this stuff. I have my eye on those character models...

4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Those are awesome, and would make a nice framed collectors piece.

5. UndertakerPrime

I just bid on both the Ironhide and the Devcon...
    I don't necessarily want both but I don't think I'd win both anyway. I'd be happy with one as part of my Christmas present :D 

I'm actually in the process of framing my current production art. It nicely compliments the toy shelves, and looks cool to boot.

6. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

The quality of the pictures is great enough... Save Image As.

• Like Like x 2
  7. betsuni

Good luck with the auctions! Hope someone here wins them and can share images of them.

8. UndertakerPrime

Thanks.
    I’m still leading both so far, but there’s still 5 days to go.

Oh, and I forgot to mention...
    No one on here bid, so my chances can go up! HAH! :D 
    (JK, if I lose I’d rather know that they’re going to another fan, so bid as much as you want :) )

• Like Like x 2
  9. betsuni

I'm glad you say that you are ok with losing to another board member. You bring up memories from my days of participating on original artwork collection forums and some nasty things from those days. Some people would post that they bid on something with the "understanding" that nobody else was allowed to bid. It was really ugly...

10. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Feed my eyes (Now you've sewn them shut)

News Credits:
    These are very cool. The one with Slimer juggling some chicken drumsticks is funny!

11. UndertakerPrime

So it was an "unwritten rule" that no one else could bid? That does sound ugly, and really petty.
    Sure I want the stuff, but other people want it too. I don't have an unlimited budget (owning rare TF artwork is reeeeeally low on the priority list when compared to taking care of my family and paying bills) so if someone bids more than I can, oh well.

Interestingly, no one else has bid on either of them since I did. A number of people are watching the auctions, though...lying in wait to strike :D 

12. betsuni

Yeah the anime artwork collection hobby was filled with more petty peoppe than the TF community. Plus it sucked that the community was small.

The competition are probably sniping. What sucks about art sniping is that they have programs that helps them put in bids around the 10 second mark. Hoping to snag them for cheap and not allowing others to come back and try. Not that it is evil or illegal, just sucks that all some can do is put in a high amount and let it ride, or try to outbid them at the same time.

Anyways I'm slightly tempted on the concept pieces more but if that Ironhide stays cheap I might have to fight you for him. Will see since I have to curb my spending during this time of the year.

13. UndertakerPrime

Well, unfortunately, sniping comes with the territory. I admit I did it once or twice years ago when bidding on the G1 color models I have. At least with the “maximum bid” thing it can be somewhat prevented. I’ve already put in what my max is for Ironhide; if someone’s going to snipe, they still might not go over my max.

If I just end up with Devcon that’s fine, though I’d like Ironhide more. I honestly hope I don’t end up with both, because that’s a little more than I’d like to spend :p 

14. UndertakerPrime

@betsuni
    Did you end up with any of the art?
    It's mind-boggling how insane the prices got the last few minutes...I think Ironhide ended up over $600 :eek: 
    I was in the running for one of the background pieces, but was sniped at the last minute. Something fishy was definitely going on, since over the final 20 seconds, the same user made 3 separate bids, each at $10 increments. I don't think a person could have done it that fast.

Oh well, all of these ended up more than I was willing to spend. The prices on this kind of stuff has gone through the roof over the last few years. I'm very fortunate I was able to get my G1 color models back when they were somewhat affordable; I paid roughly $50 apiece for mine, and this was for fairly minor characters. A couple years ago Profiles in History auctioned G1 Breakdown color model...and it sold for $400. Man.
    Do you happen to have any of this kind of TF production materials? I'd love to hear about it.

15. betsuni

Nope I lost on the two pieces I tried for. Honestly I should have bid a bit more than the $100ish limit I put but just didn't want to spend that much on myself right now.

Yeah I've seen the bot programs bid that fast before, and within seconds. Been a while since I bid on eBay stuff so no idea how it works now.

My TF artwork collection is mainly production artwork and sketches with some comic art. I used to have them up online to view, but took them down for now. I love production art since it makes the comics or cartoons I watch feel even more special. My avatar is actually from one of the comic pages I own.

I was trying for the oil rig sketch and the power plant one this time, but just was not meant to be. Guess the prices indicate the lack of TF art popping up these days. Too bad you didn't win any either. Would have been neat to see what it actually looked like other than the auction photos.