Original G1 Jetfire in MP scale

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Ambrojh, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Since 3rd party is creating unlicensed TFs, why has the there been at least to my knowledge zero interest in making a MP scale Jetfire (the super vf-1 jet)? If Hasbro and Takara are allowing 3rd party free rein, will Harmony Gold/Macross go after the company which attempts to develop one?

2. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    Don’t expect anything from Harmony Gold, they did nothing for Macross, let see what will happen after 2021.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ArrowHead

ArrowHead Well-Known Member

Short answer: Takara ignores 3P companies. Bandai - who own the Jetfire/Valkyrie property are different, they pursue and shut down KO companies. Thus, most probably wouldn't touch a G1 jetfire.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ambrojh

That is what I thought, but now Hasbro owns Bandai, it would the best time for a 3rd party to send out feelers, or better Hasbro/Takara should produce an official G1 Jetfire.

5. Other

Other Well-Known Member

Hasbro doesn't own Bandai. Bandai also doesn't own Macross, they're one of several companies that own the license to produces goods for it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

That would be nice.

7. ArrowHead

ArrowHead Well-Known Member

Correct. They're the biggest company producing Macross licensed toys in Japan. Thus, they're the entity 3P companies will be going up against making a G1 jetfire. I wouldn't screw with Bandai. Just think of all the Gundam KO makers they just shut down and put in jail in China. Takara doesn't do that, so 3P companies are a little more comfortable making 3P products of Takara/Hasbro products.

8. Ambrojh

I thought Hasbro bought Bandai for 500 million in March? Wasn't there an article about cross branded transformers and power rangers?

9. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I BELIEVE they only bought/acquired the rights to the Power Rangers line/brand. Not Bandai itself.

10. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    There have been Macross knockoff toys since the 80s, there ones being made as we speak and there have been very recent 3rd Party Macross toys. If what you want isn’t getting made it has more to do with lack of interest than any kind of fear of Bandai or Harmony Gold. The large majority of “Masterpiece” figures from unlicensed companies go for cartoon accuracy, which is Skyfire, which has been covered several times. These companies may feel as though a masterpiece quality version of the G1 toy has been covered more or less by the multiple Yamato, Arcadia, Toynami and Bandai toys that have been and continue to be released (Bandai has a large DX VF-1 coming soon).

Essentially G1 Jetfire is nothing more than a color scheme, and I can see why 3rd party companies may be hesitant to put that much effort into making something when the main thing they would have to offer is the color red, even though they may actually be better toys overall.

I do hope it happens someday. Just keep asking for it is all we can do.

11. Other

Other Well-Known Member

Correct, Hasbro brought Power Rangers. Bandai does not own and never owned Power Rangers, nor do they own the original tv series that get turned into Power Rangers, Saban owned Power Rangers and Toei owns the series it uses as source material. Bandai Namco is a monumentally huge company as big as Hasbro, if not bigger, and is worth far far more than 500 million, their annual revenue is at least 10 times that amount, buying it is basically impossible even ignoring the fact that the government of Japan would block any attempt to buy or merge with it, regardless of whether the other party was domestic or foreign.

12. rjp3

rjp3 Well-Known Member

When/If Bandai releases the 1:35 scale VF-1S, paint it up and call it a day.