Original 13 Transformers Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UTF, Nov 27, 2016.

1. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Does anyone have any suggestions for repurposed figures, official or third party, for the original 13?

This is the ideal list I've come up for, but as you can see, there are gaps. Any suggestions would be welcome, as well as any original 13 setups you may want to share.

Original 13 Transformers.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  2. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You've forgotten about Nexus Prime

[​IMG]

3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    ^Yeah theres him.

You do realize your using ROTF voyager The Fallen as Leige Maximo, when you also have Maketoys Paladin Chaos as The Fallen right? Those are both figures of the same guy.

Armada Corona Sparkplug, is a gold version of Sparkplug and might work better as the Mini-con you are using.
    There is also a repaint of Vector Prime that came out in the Cybertron line called "Galaxy Force Vector Prime, which is the same golden/bronze color as the one depicted in the artwork. Also, in my personal opinion the Darksteel version of the BH Grimwing works better, as Onyx is black.

Attached Files:

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

1. Isn't that suppose to be Nova Prime? I guess without the armor it could work for Prima. Just don't put his armor on. Also he needs a Star Saber.

2. That thing is cool but I'd suggest Titanium War Within Fallen. That's the best official figure in my opinion.

3. What even is that? I've never seen that figure before. I don't really have a better suggestion for Alchemist Prime, I just want to know what that is.

4. There actually is an Onyx Primal figure. Why are you using Grimwing when you can just use his actual toy.

5. As has already been pointed out, there is actually a Nexus Prime toy.

6. I actually like the Vector Prime mold better but just to avoid using the same toy for two characters, sure go with the Titans Return version.

7. Liege Maximo has a personality very similar to Starscream and looks like Marvel's Loki. being that there's no official toy of him... you should make a custom. Get a Loki figure and a Starscream figure. You'll want to make sure that the heads can be swapped between the two figures so ideally you'll have to find ones that are about the same size and have the same type of neck joint. Repaint the Starscream body so that it matches Loki's costume. Then repaint Loki's face to give him a more robotic look. The head piece is fine as is, just paint over any part where there's skin showing so it looks like a robot face. Then you put everything together and you'll have yourself a Liege Maximo. Sorry that's a lot of work but I honestly think that's the best way to make this character right now.

8. Quintus Prime is a Transformer who made the Quintessons, he's not a Quintesson. That being said I think you should use a Transformer with a multi-face gimmick rather than Alpha Q. Armada Sideways, Animated or Generations Blitzwing. Or just grab any Titans Return figure and give him five different Headmasters. I'd suggest Skullcruncher. Alligorcons have always been associated with Quintessons as well so why not have one of them actually be Quintus Prime. The Quintessons think they created Transformers but actually it was the other way around.

9. Yes... and why is that not an official thing? Hasbro should retool Generations Arcee like that.

10. Yes.

11. Since Amalgamous is known for having multiple different alt modes I'd suggest the RID Megatron/Galvatron mold. It has ten official modes which in itself is already more than any other Transformer ever made, plus the figure has enough articulation for even more fan modes. Just needs a new paint job and this can easily be Amalgamous Prime.

12. Why not just use Safeguard as Micronus Prime? He does come with Vector Prime anyway. The mold was also used for Beta Maxx on the Alpha Trion version which Beta and/or Safeguard are also hinted to be part of the original 13. Beta in the G1 cartoon was A-3's girlfriend. So it only makes sense to use that Mini-con as Micronus since it's heavily hinted that it's suppose to be Micronus.

13. Of all of the different versions of Optimus Prime why would you pick that one? You know the image is only like that because you're not suppose to know who it is right? You could literally use ANY Optimus Prime for that.

5. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    I am working on these same problems except I am working for a legends collection so I am choosing from small sizes.

I chose an animated seeker as liege maximo as this also gives him the cape effect as well as body shape.

Amalgamous I recommend choosing something from the movies as they tend to be a mess of parts that he is.

Nexus is proving problems for me as there is nothing that suits me, my requirements for nexus is combined form shouldn't be much bigger than the other primes whilst individuals shouldn't tinier than average size... Anyway I think you have some options, make toys computron perhaps, combiner wars somebody, maybe even an energon combiner.

Edit: you could choose first edition tfp Optimus as thirteen. I am using an Optimus myself but it depends what your thirteen collection is for or to go with as which would suit best. Also for amalgamous depends on aesthetics because potentially you could use a six shot figure too.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  6. Lord Black Cat

Lord Black Cat Combat Hero Shadow

Tales of the Fallen actually repurposed Protoform Optimus Prime as Prima so I guess it fits.

7. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    No I didn't, it's just that toy is expensive and kinda antiquated.

This is me repurposing toys to the best of my ability, and the fact is Maketoys Chaos and ROTF Fallen look nothing alike. I personally use the blue repaint of the ROTF Fallen for my movie collection, so that left the original toy with no purpose. Liege is almost always depicted as being horned and green, so I thought it fit.

It's an oversized KO of AOE Hound. I thought the beard and belly were fitting.

Because it's ludicrously expensive and tiny.

Because it's tiny and weak looking, and the Covenant described him as having no weapon and being peaceful. It's also regal looking which makes it fit in with the Prime figures as well as the less busy movie figures.

8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Actually the Protoform Optimus was also the designed used by the 13th in the ROTF comics too, so that one is pretty spot on.

9. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And it's the only official figure of the character in existence. Take it or leave it.

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

My RID Optimus Prime doesn't have his axe cause I gave it to my WfC Optimus. He's a ghost in the show so I never thought he would ever need to use a weapon. It kind of looks like the weapon from the video games so I thought it worked better with WfC Optimus. Of course then he came back to life but still has not actually used an axe in the cartoon... he has a sword... so there's still no reason to keep that axe on the toy.

The gun that comes with Protoform Optimus is kind of needed for his vehicle mode so it doesn't really make sense to use that if you want one without a weapon.

11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i would use predaking from transformers prime for onyxprimal hes alot closer to his design.

there is a greeen minicon that came with a helecopter transformer in the powercore line he looks alot like micronus prime and on top of that he is green.

But with onyxprimal entering into the comics soon i think his odds of geting a toy is preety good, lets not forget the current theme of the prime wars is around the primes, micronusprime has been seen in rid and in the current comics as well so i pick theres a good chance we might see him in toy form sooner or later, hasbro knows we want the 13 in toy form i wouldnt spend to much money on fill in toys

12. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's also a different character.

Onyx Prime is not the same as Onyx Primal.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

True but it's the closest thing we have. Onyx Prime is obviously based on Onyx Primal sharing the same name, and his design seems to have bat-like wings.

14. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

One could repaint The CW combaticons, take away swindle, and add Air raid, but I guess re-paints are out of the question.

15. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    What's with the oddly forceful dictation of what figures one person can or can't use for their own displays? How some guy repurposes a particular toy as a particular character has literally zero impact on your life, so why do you care?

Also, Onyx Prime and Onyx Primal have nothing to do with each other aside from the similar names. Onyx Primal was a Botcon exclusive original character whose personality is basically Jules from Pulp Fiction. Onyx Prime is an ancient demi-god introduced in the Covenant of Primus who may or may not be evil (depending on the continuity). You could totally use Onyx Primal to stand-in for Onyx Prime, but there's nothing that connects the characters.

I don't really care for the Aligned version of the 13, so I don't bother counting Optimus Prime, but using Protoform Prime is pretty spot-on. I've always kept Logos Prime in my 13 lineup, but since Galaxy Force Soundblaster is pretty rare, I use other black repaints to stand in for him (Go Prime is my favorite). Vector Oracle would make for a pretty decent Micronus, if you ignore the gun mode.