Oregon Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Ramulus, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Regzero

Regzero Well-Known Member

I think if we honestly had a place like Steve's Palace was up north, we would be on it. I know I would. Modern figures at great prices. And he really connects with the guys up north.

When I went to Showroom, I saw potential. Then exclusives and such came out and things changed. And it hurt our community and network. I personally felt Showroom could have been something really great we could get behind. But the direction it is in, makes it so I can't shop there. I will not begrudge anyone who does, I just can't for myself. If you shop there and are cool with stuff, more power to you.

Do I have ideas how they could improve, yes. But I am afraid any idea I have will be seen as diminished returns in comparison to scalping at this point.

2. Blackbird72

Blackbird72 Member

Well if you think about it every single store in the world is "scalping" us they buy things and resell them at a higher cost for profit isnt that how "scalping" works. i have been to showroom a handful of times and yes they have a few things that are overpriced but i would say 90% of the store has some decent deals i just don't see why people are focused on that 10% every time i go in im greeted and welcomed the owner is laid back and and easy to deal with he loves talking toys and collectibles. i haven't tried to sell anything yet but i did do a trade once and i got around 40 to 50% of what it was worth i took in a marvel legends toybiz box set the one with rogue he gave me $85 in trade which i thought was fair. Everyone just judges to quickly.

3. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

News Credits:
    Lets not do this, please.

You gave your opinion about the store. You asked for why the members of this board do not support this store. I was very civil, and explained that many of us have been inconvenienced PERSONALLY by this store and its owner's business practices. That is why the store has a bad reputation with us. Period.

Like I said when I welcomed you to this board, we're a tight-knit community dedicated to helping EACH OTHER out with finding TFs. It has been observed by many of the users here personally that this business owner has frequently helped HIMSELF out at OUR expense and that is just not cool, man.

We love transformers and welcome any place in the area that sells them, but there are a few shops that multiple people have had bad experiences with, and this is one of them. Many of us still check back with these retailers from time to time just to see if things have improved. If they do improve, I expect to see it reported here and others can take that into consideration. It's also important to consider that if everyone here had as good an experience as you did, we would be singing this store's praises too...as it stands, though, we are not.

At this point I hope folks can just agree to disagree. You have your opinion on the store from your first-hand perspective, and it is valid to you. Others have their opinions and their first-hand perspectives as well.
    It's not constructive to get anyone riled up any further.

4. Regzero

Regzero Well-Known Member

Man now I have this overwhelming urge to find you some sweet tea! And maybe some decent biscuits and gravy.

5. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you kidding me with this?

"If I think about it," I understand that manufacturers rely on the basic retail model through which their goods are distributed to the consumer. Anyone with at least nine working brain cells knows this is not how "scalping" works. At all.

Harvesting desirable items before the average consumer has a shot at them through the usual retail outlets, and then selling them at a self-serving markup -- that's scalping, and that's what that homunculus at Showroom does. He's an opportunistic parasite who has made this hobby a less fun and less enjoyable activity in this area.

So fuck him.

6. KupCheck

KupCheck Well-Known Member

7. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

News Credits:
    Yeah, well too bad you can't FIND ANY AROUND HERE! :banghead: 
    (if you do, I wonder if that counts as a sighting....hmm)

Non TF - has anyone seen that Jakks Pacific Metroid show up around here yet? Is there a projected release date?

8. Blackbird72

Blackbird72 Member

Last thing I'm going to say then I'm gone forever. The shop used to be run by two people now there's only one and things are different. the first time I went in there was about 9 months ago and since then I have seen many changes things are going well from what I can tell, I have said my peace give this place an other chance talk to the owner asks if he prices matches let him know your concerns showroom is a small business it's not like a big chain store if you talk he might actually listen. Have a good day and happy hunting.

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    We all do too buddy. You're not making your case better if you think we're just shut ins with no lives around here.

Basically fuck the guy. I'll also go on a limb and say fuck you, as based on that alone you're not someone who's here to make friends, just shill Showroom Collectibles.

I don't speak for the rest of the community but for me, shit like that, and people like you aren't anything I want to have anything to do with in my life.

10. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cousin told me there are 2 Devastator's at WS TRU priced at 160.

11. JasonT

JasonT Well-Known Member

There are 2 Devastators at WS TRU as of 12:45pm

12. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Here you go folks, the guy who owns Showroom Collectibles put something on his Facebook, thought I'd share it for you all to get some closure:

Funny how he won't come here himself to address us. I know he's reading all of these posts :lol 

Even scalping 5% of the time is 5% too much, imo. It's that 5% that is the most in-demand shit, the store exclusives, the hard to find figures.

So there you go friends, scalping confirmed, to tie this into sightings just avoid the Jantzen TRU and Target since that's one of his stomping grounds. If you need to hit up Toys R Us, go to a different one. If you find yourself in Vancouver, just avoid the entire Hazel Dell area.

13. XenoGearX

XenoGearX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Some of you may not know this but I am moving next week and heading to South Carolina. I know I have not been very active the last few months or heck even the last year or so but anyone I ever dealt with on these boards and in person has been great. Thanks for having me in the community and I will pop in from time to time.

Also if I have any outstanding deals with anyone that I forgot about please let me know so maybe we can get them done before I leave.

Thanks again!

P.S. I am the owner of Showroom Collectibles

P.S.S. J/K

14. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Whaaaaaaaaaat?

I haven't talked to you in so long! Text me!

I will miss you and your car :( 

15. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Also, Rogue Toys actually is going to be carrying modern toys! I looked at their Facebook page and it's showing off some of the upcoming inventory, and they will have brand new Funko and Mezco toys at least:

https://www.facebook.com/RogueToysPDX

So I guess they will be a mixture of both vintage and new stuff. They are showing off a G1 Slag that will be for sale.

The grand opening is August 1st in Portland and I will absolutely be there to get those Mortal Kombat toys :lol  If no one else goes, I will definitely report back with my experience! I looked up the address and they are right down the street from Clackamas Town Center, so they are right in the same area as that Target and TRU.

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Hey, I'll make it there for the opening. Maybe some of us can make it a thing?

I'll be very interested to see what they have!

17. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good luck with the move across the country...you will be missed. :) 

18. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is probably easier and doable for me as I can drop the wife off at one of the Clack plaza's so she can shop and I can come check this place at.

19. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Wish I could do that, I'll have to stop my girlfriend from probably buying the place out when we go :lol 

I texted her that I saw they also had modern figures and she's like "What time do they open on August 1st?"

20. KupCheck

KupCheck Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up the last one yday evening around 6P. Still dealing with buyers remorse. I might be looking to sell it at cost :scalper