Oregon Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Ramulus, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Botch

Botch Decepticon Intelligence

Ebay:
    So a reminder that my little shindig is this Saturday. (And my band is playing this Friday night.)

Info below, PM me for the address or drop me a line at [email protected]

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    First of all I'm pretty jazzed to go to your shindig B

Second of all I want to put this out there since a lot of us live close. If you haven't heard the news Hasbrotoyshop.com has 4 exclusive "Special Edition" figures up on their website including re-colors of the 2-pack prime and megs (megs looks sweet in silver and black) and Mirage repainted as Dragstrip (finally!!!) and Grimlock is repainted as Overkill, G1 fans rejoice.

What I want to do is place a large order with the discount code pony10, which is 10% off. These items can all be delivered to my place and we can meet up to distribute them. The figures ship in December according to their website. PM me or leave a post in here if you are interested in this deal. I want to place the order soon cuz I don't want to miss Dragstrip (as far as I can tell they will not be sold in stores).

You can also place orders for things that will be out sooner than that I believe and the shipping is still combined

3. Ultramag

Ultramag Robot Hero

Anyone know if we have already gotten the K-Mart exclusive Mini-Con 12 pack locally? Just wondering because I was there this weekend & saw a tag for $21.99 for it but I didn't see any Mini-Con packs.

4. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fred Meyers on Walker and 158th in Beaverton has an Animated Blitzwing if anyone needs this figure.

5. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

Hey there Lucs, count me in for a Dragstrip. Thanks

6. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Well, I haven't seen much new at the stores lately, but I did see something that I was previously unaware of while driving.

Going south on I-5, apparently some Transformers fan has a huge green dump truck up on a hill on the northbound side. To make sure his/her intentions are known, there is a big purple Decepticon symbol painted on the side. Absolutely cool.

I was going to get a picture on the way back, but it was too dark and I couldn't spot it. Anyhow, Long Haul has been sighted!

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Yeah it's pretty sweet. I took pics of it about 1.5 years ago, but never put them online. For anyone looking to find it if you are going southbound I-5 it's on your left (eastside) just past Encanted forest and a winery.

On another note it looks like I have all the orders in for that hasbro online order so I'll be placing it tonight. PM me if you still want in. FYI it's looking like we can get anything you want at retail with no shipping charges

8. mineraljane

News Credits:
    I figured you'd be the one person who may have seen this as you've driven around the state quite a bit. It's been there for at least one and a half years? Wow. Anyone know anything else about it? Very strange for someone to do, but very cool.

I wish I would've seen your listing for the figures earlier as I would've joined in. I ordered a set earlier today for myself. That said, I have sort of had it with HTS; I received a package today for an order which I had cancelled and the past three separate orders I've sent back to them, they've never received. Such a pain to deal with their customer service.

9. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got glance of it this past June when I was moving from my old location. No pictures I am afraid because I was driving my car. But it was very cool. I may have also noticed it when I lived in Corvallis but I am not entirely sure.

10. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

just so you know, some of us trans fans in the midwest know about longhaul down by the enchanted forest too. I remember seeing that faded old haulpak truck more than 7 years ago when I lived out there in portland and would drive to medford. that sand pit that owns the old truck is deffinatly an old school fan of transformers and not a johnny come lately!

11. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    That idiot with his tongue hanging out is..... me....
    [​IMG]

12. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Haha. Awesome. I'm sure I'll have one of those soon enough to add.

Anyhow, as to real sightings, I haven't seen much lately and I've been all over the place. I did pick up Silverbolt and Blades and really like both of them. I also received Animated Magnus in the mail today and definitely recommend him when he's sighted at the stores.

13. citcgn

citcgn Well-Known Member

The dumptruck has been there for years but they didn't put the Decepticon symbol on it until after the new movie came out. I always used to imagine it transforming when I drove by it. Then, one day I drove by it and saw the symbol and squeeled like a little girl in the springtime. I keep on meaning to look up who owns the quarry so I can call them and give them kudos but I always forget to until I drive by it again.

14. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I have a hunch that the owners might have not had anything to do with it. That rock quarry has been inactive for a very long time. I bet the owners abandoned the truck there and then someone came along with a giant stencil and applied the rocking Decepticon paint app. It seemed so obvious that it was just a matter of time until it happened.

I become a dangerous driver around that area as my eyes are not on the road most of the time.....much the the chagrin of my fiance.

Also, for you hunters out there, TRU in Tigard has a Buy 2 Get 3rd Free deal going for Deluxe figures. It ends today. They still have quite a bit of the Animated figs in stock and a few various Movie line figures. I wonder if they are clearing space for new stock? Hopefully the new Animated figs show up soon.

15. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    No the D-con symbol was on before the movie came out. I'm pretty sure I remember taking the pics in 2006 or early 07 before the movie was released.

Either way check out my sales thread in my sig cuz I'm selling a lot of my custom alts if you guys are interested. I'll try to give better prices to my fellow Oregonians or at least no shipping if you can pick them up

16. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

News Credits:
    Hi All,
    No real sightings as of late, budget has been kinda tight lately so I haven't been picking up much. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to attend the big shindig this weekend. I really do hope to be able to meet up with everyone at some point in the near future though!

17. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any sign of Sentinel or Swoop?

18. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Nope but mine just shipped from Hasbrotoyshop :) 

FYI if you get Swoop, Sentinal and Ultra Magnus and put in the code tf2009 you will pay 61.93 and it will ship to you within 7-10 days. Paying an extra 1.93 for shipping is way less than gas trying to find them

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I may do that, thanks!

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    anybody spottin any Ultra Magnus'?

really tempted to go hunting xD