Order Page for ROTF Leader Prime Hip Mod Parts

Discussion in 'The Junk Pit' started by savio-prime, Apr 27, 2010.

1. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    does the original piece get destroyed while doing this?

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you should be able to just tap the pin out. I think the barbed end is in the front of the pieces. Should be able to rest the hip pieces on a wood block, and remove them that way :) 

3. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How the hell did you get the pin out of the original hip mount? I just broke off one of the two black hip mounts (through which the pins pass) trying to hammer out the pin! Argh.

4. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I've replaced 5 of these hip pieces and I just use a small nail tapper thingy whose name I can't remember at the moment. Once you give it a few good whacks the barbs work loose and the pin can be removed with a pair of pliers. I was a little worried about the pins on Jetwing Prime, but I tried going the other direction and they came out just fine.

Good luck getting the pins out, but you really shouldn't have too much of a problem and the end result is absolutely worth it. Seriously, this should have been the way Prime was designed from the onset.

5. lemonus lime

lemonus lime New Member

Argh, that's crap. Can you superglue them back?

You've gotta tap softly. Jjust keep tapping till it comes loose. You may have taped in the wrong direction as well, you need the barbed ends to come out first. The barbed end of the pin is usually rougher looking than the other side. The non barbed end should be super smooth. I managed to get a funny one where both ends were barbed, so it took forever to take that out. Like 10-15mins.

Check the nail or taper tool your using. It may have been too big for the pins and it ended up hitting the black plastic instead.

6. OptionZero

News Credits:
    What are people using? Is there a special pin pushing tool i'm missing out on?

I used a small flathead screwdriver (like the kind used to fix glasses), since it was the only thing I could find narrow enough to fit + regular hammer.

7. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My 2 cents: Nail, long nose pliers, and something else to tap it - another pair of pliers.

8. OptionZero

News Credits:
    Finally got it assembled. My broken hip piece broke cleanly enough that it provided a good surface for some superglue. Now I am just hoping it remains durable overtime. I don't transform this much, it's a display piece, so I think i'm ok.

Great work.

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should be fine bud, I would imagine that the super glue should hold, :) .

10. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

Savio-Prime. I sent a PM but is it still possible to get a set of these? I might want to get two.

11. Sentinel

News Credits:
    Savio, I haven't heard back from you about my replacement set. I sent you another email a few days ago.

12. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Has anyone heard from Savio recently? I sent payment at the start of August, got a response saying the parts would be with me by August 12th and haven’t heard anything since. Is Savio ok?

13. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tried emailing him, however I haven't heard anything back from him. I'll try him again, I know he said that he had gotten super busy with some things though, so maybe he's gotten tied up with that stuff.

14. Sentinel

News Credits:
    I didn't receive an email from Savio, but I did receive my replacement pieces today, so all is good. I highly recommend these pieces for anyone that has any version of Leader Prime and I recommend Savio to deal with as he has always been excellent to work with.

15. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad to hear you got your parts from him, unfortunately I haven't heard from Savio yet, and I'm kind of concerned, lol. Maybe I have to check my email on an actual computer, o_O ...

16. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    I am alive my friends. I have been off the forums and the internet for quite some time and I apologize for my absence. I hope everyone who I have not heard from received their orders, and for some it was not in a timely fashion. I know apologies may not be enough for in all aspects it is my fault.

The last two months have not served my tf hobby well, but I am back in the saddle and among the items on my plate I am going to be offering something for Revoltech Prime... keep your eyes peeled.

17. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *breathes a sigh of relief*

You're one of my favorite customizers - ya had us worried!

18. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Savi's hip parts arrived this weekend and I fitted them last night. Prime looks absolutely fantastic.

I've only got basic tools at home but it wasn't too difficult at all. The pins that fit in Prime’s truck bed were relatively easy to knock out once I had a good angle on them. The pins through the wheels were trickier – I had to drill a hole through the back of the original wheel connector (as Savi suggested a few pages back). With the hold drilled, the pin was much easier to knock out. Plus, the original wheel connector is still usable, should you (for whatever reason) want to revert to using them again. The new hip parts connect together very easily and work perfectly in both modes. A highly recommended set!

Now to get some of fakebusker83's articulated fists…

Last thoughts: if anyone's up for a challenge, a couple of other custom parts sprang to mind when I was playing with Prime:

1) A replacement set of blades for his forearms that collapse down for storage – e.g. a version of the existing blades that looks the same when deployed, but that slides in on themselves when folded away, so they don't interfere with arm articulation and posing. Perhaps two pieces that work like a telescope, sliding over one another to change length. The arm blades getting in the way is probably the only issue I have with the mold.

2) I imagine this would be nigh on impossible, but a new head that can have both faceplate and non faceplate. Perhaps either a rotating inner face like Man-E-Faces or MP Starscream and Rodimus; or perhaps a slide cover, either like vertically raising plate of Cyb Leader Prime or the horizontal one of PCC Sledge.

19. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Hello Sir,

I ordered 2 Sets of these month ago (they arrived without any problems), but I never mounted them, cause i'm afraid to destroy my figures while strip the pin out of the wheels.

This is caus ei have a problem: i have no soldering iron!

So my question is: is it possible to drill a hole into the existing wheelmount and to hammer out the pin? if so, could you give me some advice where the pin is located, so that i drill the right place?

thank you

20. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Hey Limewire!

It took me a while to find my Prime's old parts, but here they are, and you can see where I drilled a hole into the inner wall in order to tap out the wheel pin.

Hope this helps!

Attached Files: