optimus vs silas?(spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by supernova222, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The series did show that Prime and Megatron were exceptional fighters. But it really never showed what level Silas as a fighter was until the last episode.

I'm pretty open to the idea that Silas may be at the same level as Prime and Megatron in terms of technique and skill.

I think there are warriors out there that are just as powerful if not more so than even Optimus and Megatron.

2. derob2511

derob2511 cybertronian architect

yeah, this.

Just like what ive said earlier...

in my case, i'm just not ready for it yet

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The comparison between Silas and Megatron has already been. While that comparison didn’t specifically target Silas’ ability to fight, I thought of it as Silas as a whole when it was said. When you consider that and the following lines that follow it doesn’t seem all that farfetched that Silas could have beaten Optimus:

Silas: “My Robot Chassis possess all your strength, speed and firepower. Add my extensive combat training, and MECH has clearly achieved the perfect meld of man and machine. ..but the key difference between you and me, my body can’t feel pain.”
    Agent Fowler: “Ex-military?”
    Silas: “Special tactics.”

The story told us that Silas was an exceptional fighter, and that he possessed everything Optimus had, save for the ability to experience pain (and most likely the loss of stamina)—I don’t see a problem with his fight with Optimus. From what we saw on screen, Silas controlled Nemesis Prime as if he were actually Nemesis Prime himself. With his extensive combat training, he would have been able to block, parry, kick, punch and shoot as he did on screen.

I think what makes his ability to quickly dispel Autobots so hard to swallow is the fact that we haven’t seen MECH’s previous tests/failures. This past weekend’s trial run was their first, and it went beautifully and was without latency issues to boot.

I can’t help but think many here are looking at this with adult eyes, and are thinking too deeply about the episode. My children aren’t asking the same questions I’m reading here—not saying that children aren’t asking the same questions, but I can’t ignore the fact that mine are not. Surely, they aren’t the only ones who just found the episode as something awesome. My kids were too hypnotized by what they were watching to ask questions—my does his best to recreate the battle with his DotM Cyberverse Optimus and TF Prime Cyberverse Optimus:lol  They thought it was cool that Silas could actually go toe-to-toe with Optimus—they’ve watched Nemesis Prime twice now and they still haven’t asked me why Silas was able to do what he did.

Is anyone else watching this show with their kids? What’re they saying about it?

4. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Transformed wins again. It's a kids show.

It's only natural adults will notice things that we consider not quite as they should be in our opinions. But you know what? I personally try not to worry about the imperfections. I sit back and enjoy the ride when I watch the show. I take it for what it is and I find I enjoy every episode immensely. It kinda makes me feel like a kid again and I like that every now and again.

5. Zeno4xx

Zeno4xx Well-Known Member

@Transformed- Well said, I fully agree.
    At the same time I do very much like threads like this as long as everyone is being respecful, anything that encourages thoughts,ideas, and just general speculation about a hobby we all love makes for great reading, just my opinion.

6. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    exactly!!

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Here's the other thing too. Prime has been training for the longest time in fighting Bots. He's used to how a bot thinks, fights, moves, etc. But is opponent isnt using a bot fighting style. he's using a human military style. I mean, humans dont give a single punch and watch our foes fly across a room. we fight differently, and when scaled up, its different from anything Prime has ever fought before. And Humans being superior fighters compared to cybertronians isnt old-Headmasters exist because humans have apparently always had the better reflexes and fighting style and whatnot. if e were the same size as cybertronians, we coulda been the dominant race. but they have a 30 foot advantage over us. is nothing new, not sure why everyone's so worked up about it.

8. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually when Optimus Prime is fighting against Nemesis Prime,their skill wise is on par with one another or should i say,is a "Draw"