Optimus Prime's Truck From Bumblebee Movie Now For Sale

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Music, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

5572DBA8-370B-4190-ACAD-FA4E4085B023.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  2. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Maybe the guy that purchased the G2 Menasor prototype can do a swap.

3. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

Damn peasants there everywhere
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. jeffmcgee

jeffmcgee To Unicron or Bust!

whoa i actually live like 30 minutes away from there... I may hit him up to get a pic with it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 I succeeded where Megatron failed

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Mate you are surely screwed

• Like Like x 1
  6. soundwave144

soundwave144 #1 Best, good friend of Soundwave on the planet.

News Credits:
    I wish you luck!
    My wife is sleeping right now but when she wakes up; im hitting her in the face with this.
    We could do this together and turn it into part of the bot-cave...
    Gonna place a bid!

• Like Like x 1
  7. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Never mind... see post #61.

(ignore the rest of this post)

Is there any proof that it was actually used in the Movie, or is it just someone with a truck colored the same, claiming that it was in the movie to get extra attention?
    (which could be why it isn't being listed somewhere more legitimate for movie props for a significant amount more, as an auction house or agent would need proof to sell it as a movie prop)

The person doesn't say that it was bought after it was used in the movie, so it sounds more like the seller is claiming that the movie studio used his truck.
    If that was the case, if I had a vehicle (or anything really) of mine used in a major movie, I would have so many photos and videos of it being used (and me being there in person if my item was expensive so that I wouldn't let it out of my sight), because it would be so exciting... but this listing didn't have anything included to prove it was on set or being used for the film anywhere.

When I've had my toys borrowed by Hasbro for their Toyfair display (old vs new for Generations), and when I've worked on a toy commercial for AOE, I took photos to remember the occasion (and prove it later to the doubters). So you could imagine if it was a major asset being used or featured, the owner would have some proof.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  8. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Yes, there is proof. Check out this post. This guy posted about the truck being in the film all the way back in October 2017 while we only found about the cameo super close to the film release (November 2018 I believe). If you look at how he talks about the truck on Facebook, he's definitely not a hardcore Transformers fan either so there's no reason for him to lie about it. He had a lot more posts about this truck which gave more details but he has since changed his privacy settings so I can't see them (or he deleted them).

And to add more context, he didn't buy it from Paramount. Paramount rented it from him and painted it for him for the film and gave it right back once they were done.

• Like Like x 5
  9. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Fair enough.
    Before I posted I checked the first two pages and the last two pages of this topic... so didn't see your earlier post at #61.
    (edited my post above to retract the query)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I would have thought Hasbro would've acquired this for promotional use. Perhaps between the cost to maintain and store it, it's just not worth it.

Hard to understand it resting in private hands and valued at such a comparatively modest amount.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Syphur

Syphur Well-Known Member

While it may be legit, you’d need more than some appropriately dated Facebook posts to convince me it is from the movie. Some serious legwork would need done. With that said just as a truck to use for hauling I can’t imagine it isn’t worth $21,600. Sure hope a collector gets it and he doesn’t go all “Eastbound and down” with it. I myself am tempted but metal doesn’t age the same as plastic. The maintenance to own this would be...painful.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MotormasterK100

MotormasterK100 Member

PRIME?!?!?!?

You thought you could get away from me? I'll chase you 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give you up!

-MM

• Like Like x 3
  13. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Before I created this thread, there was a single like on the Facebook post with no shares. Now it's at 97 likes and 136 shares with multiple articles written about it. I guess the guy got introduced to the alternative market whether he likes it or not. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  14. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Wow, that's cheap. An average car costs more.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I'm just happy if the increased interest can get him a better price, I would've hated for someone to take advantage of him, buy it, and flip it for double the money. (That's just a random number, I have no idea how much the vehicle could actually fetch. I don't think it's worth the $120000 that the truck from the Bay films sold for, but everyone seems to agree he's selling this thing a little short.)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

What! You don\'t even get an autobot decal?

17. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

update: wife is still says no but she did bring up some good points:
    • The cost to make it completely operational again. (Sounds like it’s been off the road for awhile)
    • I do not have a truckers license.
    • Our driveway is too short to park an 18 wheeler.
    I can definitely counter her statements. But this will take some more time.

One day either this will be mine or an even better version will be mine. I will not give up the dream!

• Like Like x 5
  18. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

Wow. Really cheap. I hope a transformers fan gets it. The damaged grill reminds me of the Optimus's lack of a grill in robot mode in the movie. Someone near me actually has a freighliner coe like that is white with light blue that looks like Ultra Magnus.

"You can win if you dare" -Stan Bush

• Like Like x 1
  19. BATTLEMASTER

BATTLEMASTER Thunderlips Overlord fan and 3D designer/printer

I would totally buy this if I could afford it. I love the story behind this truck - I never would've thought a major movie studio would rent some guy's truck, paint it for him, and use it in a film. Sounds like a sweet deal for the owner! I'd totally take this to truck shows and hope to meet the guy who did up a Kenworth K100 as Motormaster!

The price isn't unreasonable for a working truck. It sounds like it has 85,000 miles on it or so since overhaul, at which point it probably had closer to a million miles on the odometer. I'm not sure what the rules are governing mileage and overhauls, but the truck doesn't sound terrible.

I wouldn't be too concerned about starting it up and driving it as long as it hasn't been leaking anything while sitting. Diesels can sit for awhile and start right up as long as the fuel system is pretty tight and it can get enough air (no mouse nests in any of the air intake works). My truck - an M35A3 with a Cat motor - sat for years with its previous owner and started right up a few months before I bought it.

While I see the 2007 film truck sold for around $120,000, I have another film truck reference point: A M1078 LMTV used in the series The Long Road Home was sold on a military vehicle broker's website for around $12,000 in driving condition, with a certificate of authenticity from the film studio and some signatures from the director and some cast members. I wish I could've bought that too, but got a better deal on my deuce :)  That being said, that is about the going price of any other ordinary surplus LMTV that's driveable.

Big trucks require big tools - those tires are heavy too! You also need a CDL for the air brakes.

I kinda wonder where the trailer went though, although it wouldn't be hard to buy a replacement. To paint it, though? $$$

• Like Like x 4
  20. SaintsIconsNemesis

SaintsIconsNemesis Toys are Subjective

Instagram:
    I would only buy it if it transforms

• Like Like x 2