Optimus Prime: The Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shauntell HOlm, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Shauntell HOlm

Shauntell HOlm Active Member

We all want it. We all need it. Don't we? I know for certain that I DO. I am a big Optimus fan but I'm not able to show it in big ways like buying every Optimus figure there is, or by purchasing anything related to him --- except 1986.

The question I have is; what is everyone else's stance? Are you folks as frustrated as I am that they canceled it because of some bull-crap excuse that 'he's hard to write for?' How do we let Hasbro know we are fed up? Has anyone tried writing Hasbro? Do you consider it a waste of time?

I personally feel that we need to band together - even though most may not agree - and let Hasbro know we WANT that film. I'm tired of the political bull-crap they and Hollywood pull. Do we present solid ideas to Hasbro to let them know that we know this character better than they do?

This is or may be, a sore spot for many, but I am curious what your thoughts are. Can we fight for him, for Optimus? OR are we losing a battle against big pockets and small minds?

2. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

I think it's great you love Optimus Prime. I do, too, but...

...who is "we?" I'd rather have an ensemble Transformers film than a Transformers solo film. Not that there's anything wrong with wanting a solo film, but we DON'T all want the same things in Transformers movies, so I'm not going to band together with other fans for something I don't particularly care to see made. I'd rather just see what they make, and if I like their products, great, and if not, that's fine, too. I'll just move onto other things.

And even if we did band together, why should Hasbro and Paramount cater to hardcore Transformers? We're a drop in the bucket and a fringe market. The movies need to cater to the global general public and not TFW2005 members. It's just basic business sense.

• Like Like x 7
  3. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I can only speak on a personal level, but I'm fine with Hasbro's decision. If they feel like Optimus is too hard to write for, I'd rather them go with something they're more comfortable with, instead of pushing out an Optimus movie anyway. If their hearts aren't in it, they shouldn't do it.

Last we heard, there's still going to be an Optimus movie, of sorts. It's going to be an Optimus and Bumblebee team-up movie. To me, that actually sounds more interesting. Pairing a stoic mentor with a headstrong teenager usually leads to funner adventures and more interesting situations than a movie about just the stoic mentor. I'm hyped to see that.

Finally, you have to keep in mind that Hasbro is still trying to win the general audience back over. Audiences connected with Bumblebee because it was a fun carefree adventure. An Optimus movie would likely be more serious and possibly more political. At this point, that probably isn't what audiences want. If we get something like that, it should probably come after they've convinced audiences to take Transformers seriously again. In the meantime, everyone can enjoy a good buddy adventure.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The movie isn't cancelled. In fact, no movie hasn't even been decided yet and if they have, they haven't announced it to the public. There's no reason to write to anyone about anything.

Plus, it wasn't Hasbro who said Prime was hard to write a film about. It's one voice that belongs to Lorenzo that has said that and he's not the one making the final decision.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I can take it or leave it, to be honest. So long as it's a well written and well performed, I don't care if it's just Optimus Prime or Optimus Prime as a part of a larger cast.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot *º*Hockey mom and coach*º*

News Credits:
    NY'er living in the middle of nowhere, NC
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'd rather do a character who hasn't been in the movies yet like "Prowl: The movie" or hell even "Skywarp: The movie" let's see things from a Deception's point of view.

7. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

I don't think one was ever canceled and definitely don't buy that a studio that would throw hundreds of millions at a franchise for over 10 years somehow can't afford someone who can write a good op, bumblebee is a character that prints hasbro money so I can't imagine why they would hold op as a character that most be met with such integrity when they try to put him in every toyline possible. I'm certain will see more solo movies with the success of bumblebee

Unrelated to my last comment,

What was that comment about Hollywood and politics for, it came from nowhere and is really forced

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2019
  8. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Excuse my french but Lorenzo is known to talk out of his ass as well. He has said many things in the past that just weren’t true. Like the whole Dinobots talking thing and them apparently going to get more screen time which never happened in TLK. I always take what Lorenzo says with a grain of salt and thank god he hasn’t been saying confusing things lately as the past few months have been very quiet. You’re right. We don’t know for sure if it’s cancelled or what the next film is. All what we heard was Lorenzo going on about Bumblebee 2. Which even if they are making that the script probably isn’t even finished and won’t release for awhile. I think it’s clear they have no idea what they’re doing.

• Like Like x 3
  9. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I'd probably watch an Optimus movie if they made it, but if they don't I'm not going to feel bad.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Here are some examples of what I wanted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I doubt it ever happens. Bumblebee still made less domestically and worldwide than The Last Knight.

12. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I don’t think you understand though. Bumblebee basically made more than TLK. Apparently it hardly made back its production value. Paramount lost MILLIONS. Hasbro was pissed and the movie bombed and was slammed by everyone. Bumblebee actually made a profit and made three times its budget. So this time they actually have money to make another movie. Bumblebee was almost cancelled but wasn’t because it was already late into production and Hasbro legit had to give Paramount money for Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I won't believe the movie made a profit unless I see the spreadsheets. Hollywood accounting is a thing. Ed Solomon revealed that in 2019, Men in Black (1997 movie) is still in the red.

And here we are 2019. No movie in production or on the horizon. All that talk has clearly grinded to a halt.

Think about this. Paramount already made a deal for two more Mission Impossible films. Virtually nothing for Transformers right now outside of the Netflix animated series and Cyberverse.

14. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the bayverse Veteran

News Credits:
    A film of Optimus is very possible indeed, But. If I had point out a trailer what defines a good writing and direction. Was this.

A YouTube user named JohnnyFlash, Made a trailer which I actually hoped becoming a reality. In future machinimas. Aside of that, If Transformers Prime, Can do a heartfelt focus on Optimus. I'm pretty sure anyone can. Funniest part is, The writers of TFP are bayverse writers. Which most fans forget. But that right away tells you, Writers do have direction. All it takes is to know what to do.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There can only be one.

I'd say we don't need it at all. The Transformers franchise has always sorta belonged to Optimus because he's the main character and it's his leadership of the whole team that defines his character. A much more interesting prequel would be from Megatron's perspective.

16. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    We need it. Not only to humanize Optimus instead of him being monotone and boring. Also give him an origin and back story. Why is he so wise, why he is the leader etc.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

Yep. For a guy who's the face of the brand, he's rarely been the main viewpoint character, just the overarching leader of the good guys.

Age of Extinction could have been his movie, but the Pathetic Dirty Foursome were brought in.

18. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Hasbro has said that they consider Bumblebee a success. Anything else is just clickbait.

Bumblebee movie boost transforms Hasbro first quarter; shares surge - Reuters

We don't know whether another movie is in production yet or not. We heard several of their ideas a few months back, in March. Last we heard, it's going to be an Optimus/Bumblebee team up movie, not a direct Bumblebee sequel or an Optimus standalone movie. Hasbro hasn't officially announced anything yet, but it's way too early to start worrying. It might be a bit worrisome if we make it past next Cinemacon without hearing anything. But I'm sure they're just being cautious. They want to make sure they play their cards right after TLK's failure. For all we know they might still be discussing continuity, where to take the story next, etc.

Personally, I'd prefer they don't go this route. I don't think Optimus is a character that needs to be overly humanized, or be given an "everyday guy" origin. I loved how he was handled in Bumblebee. Subtle things like putting his hand on Bumblebee's shoulder is all the humanization I need. Optimus doesn't really need to be relatable to be likable and interesting. I prefer him be a bit "larger than life", and for the story to use characters like Bumblebee or Hot Rod in roles that need to be relatable.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    If they make an Optimus Prime solo outing, I feel like they really have to get to the heart of the character. You know, kinda like how Bumblebee really put an emphasis on his friendship with a human companion, which was one of the character's most defining traits from the original series. As for what trait they should focus on for Optimus, I'd say crafting a narrative around the positives and negatives of his character defining compassion would be great.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No!