Optimus Prime: Robot to Vehicle-Mode

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Jun 15, 2014.

1. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever noticed that Optimus Prime is shown transforming from robot to vehicle mode only once in the entirety of the three films released so far? That one time occurs at the beginning of Revenge of the Fallen when he's dropped from the cargo plane.

Why do you think this is? Do you think it's because it's harder to show him transform from a robot into a vehicle as opposed to the opposite? Or do you think it's due to the scripts for the past three films not including such transformation sequences? Also, do you think we'll see him go from robot to vehicle mode at least one more time in Age of Extinction?

2. gamerdude627

gamerdude627 Superior to the Constructicons

Hopefully. And yeah, I noticed. It's really strange, considering only Optimus and Bumblebee get the most screen time compared to the others, and Bumblebee transforms into vehicle mode a lot. Maybe CGI costs? I don't know. Just a thought.

3. BluRayHiDef

The one time it is shown is the best transformation sequence out of all of them in the past three films. It's so darn cool. I've watched it over and over again hundreds of times.

4. gamerdude627

gamerdude627 Superior to the Constructicons

I know! Such a wonderfully done transformation. I hope they do more like that in AOE.

5. BluRayHiDef

Autobots! I'm in pursuit!

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I don't think there's any real reason behind it besides the fact that the action rarely calls for him to do so.

7. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

Prime's transformation and robot mode makes no sense,where are the truck wheels and windows? All we see is the smoke stacks and the front of the cab on his chest,It looks cool but still wierd

8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    This was pointed out before and it's quite interesting. It makes you realize how interesting it is to see a big and complicated bot like Optimus go back to being a truck.

considering that we got a fantastic to of him 3 years ago, it's safe to say that there is perfect sense in his transformations. Plus, just because typical vehicle parts are aren't visible in robot mode it doesn't mean that there's no sense anymore, it simply means that it's further inside the body or is covered with armour - I don't know what's so hard to understand about this. Just wait to see how it works on screen.

9. NebulusPrime

NebulusPrime The Fourteenth

He is also shown transforming in the 2007 movie when he first shows up, in the forest fight of ROTF, and also in DOTM when he fights shockwave at the beginning.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    None of those are into vehicle mode.

11. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

love how he drops down all gentle and sentient like

12. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

you know what...i never noticed this and you're right..that's pretty crazy/cool.

although technically the 1st time we see him he transforms into vehicle mode and we see the very tail end but that doesn't really "count" as an on-screen transformation so-to-say.

also, TF2 is the only film of the trilogy someone rides in Optimus (sam very briefly when trying to escape Megatron)

13. BluRayHiDef

I think it's because his design is so complicated that it takes considerably more man-hours to render/ animate him transforming from robot to truck. I hope that we see it in Age of Extinction. Can't wait.

14. BluRayHiDef

Are you talking about this new modes or the ones that have been in the previous three films? If the latter, then I disagree because you can clearly see the wheels on his legs and the windows on his chest.

15. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Doesn't Lennox ride in him in DoTM?