Optimus Prime hides an entire armory IN his body?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by thygriever, Jul 4, 2011.

1. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    I was just curious about this after reading another thread and my own viewing of the movie. Prime has a ridiculous amount of weapons but I was wondering if they were mostly stored inside his body. I believe a majority are. Here are my observations based on watching the movie plenty of times.. I'm not sure if the novel explains any of this since I just started reading it.

External: Giant guns (seems implicit they don't fit anywhere), long sword #1 & shield (used at the beginning of the movie from the trailer), jet fire jetpack

Internal: arm swords x2, long sword #2 (upon further inspection, it looks like it pops OUT of OP's arm like a normal sword and detaches itself as a separate sword), axe (axe seems to be pulled from OP's back), spiked knuckles, and a gun (this one is clearly from inside OP's body since it actually makes a 'release' sound when it pops out from OP's back)

Do you guys agree or have some different view? We could just conclude it's just a gimmick and they just magically appear but I feel like they actually decided ahead of time where the weapons would pop out. I actually think it's pretty cool that he has all this hidden arsenal so when he looks like he's unarmed, he's clearly dangerous

2. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

also he doesn't give a damn about keeping any of his weapons. Slice, dice, drop, next.

Just got a funny image of NEST soldiers trying to clean up after him. "Why cant he just pick em up, or put them away, i mean it takes 20 of us 3 hours to stow his bloody energon sword" *shakes fist at prime flying around in the distance*

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

His two guns are his gas tanks. Arm swords, arm hooks and knuckles are his arms of course. The rest like the axe, hand held sword, big guns, and flight tech are at his transformable trailer.

In fact his trailer is his flight tech.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    @Defen: Wow good point! I didn't think of it but yea he does just throw his weapons down when he's done with them. If he were real, I'd get a truck and steal all his trashed weapons then hang them on my wall

@RedWolf: That does make sense but I still can't see how he's just carrying the other melee weapons separately when they aren't even shown until right when he uses them. This is why i think he has some transformable storage on his body

5. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

Good pics , still it's uber dumb he got hung up in wires like a fly in fly Paper and it took all of the wreckers to free him .... But I digress ....as with what's listed above I would surmise the majority of his bladed weapons are diffrent versions of the same appendages hooks swords and blades are all from the same components

6. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Biggest, roundest Swiss Army knife I have ever seen.

7. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

seems that's not the case! its what I thought too as with buster prime but in DOTM and ROTF he whips out his guns (two type's) and his tanks are still there.
    in rotf in a quick scene they are not lol
    hell when he kills wheelbot in ROTF he uses a gun that seems to use his blue cabin/sleeper as a shield

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

um,don't you mean he kills demolisher?

9. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I figured, he had his swords and guns from the first movie on him. When the director was showing the shuttle that transported the second wave of autobots, I was assuming that Q had Optimus's other weapons and brought them along on the ship when they came to Earth, and that is why he has so many now.

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The second wave refers to Arcee sisters, The Twins, Sideswipe, Jolt and the Wreckers.

Remember when Ratchet said they should leave. They already have a ride.

11. protonpackin

protonpackin Well-Known Member

i always thought that his main weapons were part of his body, certain parts of him transformed and shifted around to make those guns and his sword. the other stuff comes from his trailer and wheeljack...and im sure he can swap out certain weapons and integret them into his body instead

12. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

LOL this is so right on!!!

Atleast its better than Sentinel pulling a full body Shield, Double ended blade and a Rust Gun out of thin air. Apparently he didn't even need the Pillars/spacebridge after all.

He must be like Cable.

13. Sentinel527

Sentinel527 Combaticon

It's better than having a disappearing trailer

14. chillycheif

chillycheif autobot funny guy

prime is a swiss army knife.. lol swiss army prime

15. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You just gave Hasbro a re-paint idea. LOL

16. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    about this, the explanation i've always used mentally is that the melee weapons he isnt using simply exist in a storage dimension only he can access

17. tpainzbro

tpainzbro Well-Known Member

Ever sincE I saw his trailer transform I have this weird image of his armory when he reaches it in chicago....

*prime reaches his trailer*
    "let's see here, what to take... What to take...shield, no gottta pack the firepower here, big guns- oh yeah, jetpack gotta take this fight to the air, axe- havent used this baby in a while, swords- somebody's losing their face today, spike knuckles- didn't even know inhad these, oooh middle launchers- forget taking faces I'm blowing them off. There all armored up today is gonna be sweet."

18. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Made me laugh. :lol 

19. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

In the first Transformers when Optimus is fighting Megatron you can see his back transform and a gun popped out, so i'm assuming he does have weapons stored in his body, and is able to use some of his spark to make his energon blades.

20. Omega Magnus

Omega Magnus Can’t deal with that right now

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Haha dude you just gave me a good laugh. Gracias.