Optimus Prime Annual 2018 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Feb 27, 2018.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just got my copy!

My favorite part is where TC visits Skywarp. Also, since I am posting this early I won't spoil too much, but it's pretty much a retelling of things we already know going back to Megatron Origin. The retelling is of how others saw Starscream and their affiliation with him and how they felt about things. We see why TC and Skywarp joined Starscream, which I don't remember mentioned before, but the reasons were basically told to us by Skyfire in a previous issue of Optimus Prime. We learn Starscream had some wealth and was kind of the Megatron of the fliers. Telling fliers they were more than just fighters and transportation. Throughout the issue there are references to G1 episodes and at the end they mention Jem for some reason. Was a really great issue.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Androzani84

Androzani84 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    All in all, I think this issue was pretty much comedy gold, especially with Acid Storm.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

I can hardly wait for this issue. I think, this time I will buy it online. Has somebody got a link, were I can buy it online ?

4. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

6. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

Read it, and I must say...I´m quite disappointed. I think, the basic idea for the comic was a great, and actually there were some really interesting and funny moments / scenes in it which I really enjoyed. But that's it. I will read through it once again, maybe my opinion will change...

7. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Cheers, looking forward to reading it!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Deezaster1982

Deezaster1982 Active Member

I expected a fun read and I was very disappointed. Appart from Acid Storm's "costume' issue, nothing made me smile in this comic. It's all just nonsense.
    What was the point of Starscream confessing his crimes in the end of TAAO if it's to keep on writing him as a total jerk? This comics really was a useless read.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Kinda trippy seeing all three seekers in a panel all sporting completely different designs, including the heads.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

Er, can someone tell me, how I can add the spoiler function in a comment ?

11. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Just put the word spoiler between brackets with an slash between the bracket and S on the second one.

12. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    I love it. That's all I can really say. I love it, I love it, I love it! Great humor, brilliant character work with TC, fantastic cameos, and super relatable content for me as an actor (I know your pain, Acid Storm, body paint is the worst). All around, this was a wonderful book.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

Well, I guess Thundercracker's holomater avatar is actually J.J. Abrams and
    Rumble and Frenzy are Michael Bay.

In Hindsight that makes a lot more sense.

• Like Like x 5
  14. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

"Hey Marissa, how come humans don't grow to giant size when hit by nuclear explosions, you know, the way ants and lizards do?" -Thundercracker asks the real questions

Also, we finally find out a lot about how the Seekers and Starscream got their start! Through a somewhat twisted lens, of course, but interesting... and how we got two Outliers next to a cold constructed. It does seem like 'Screamer started the modern Seeker institution.

15. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

That was one of my burning questions on this continuity that I wasn't expecting to have answered by this.

And LOL at Acid Storm. "Go home!"

On a sad note, nobody still knows what happened to poor Blitzwing.

• Like Like x 3
  16. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I love how Sky Warp and Thundercracker are still petty over their outlier powers.

'I can't believe they threw us together, I could teleport anywhere, you could boom loudly!' "Yea, we were a great team."

"Abilities that are equal for practical purposes, like tremendous sonic booms! And whatever, the ability to suddenly be other places or something. No-one thinks badly of it. You're cool too."

• Like Like x 3
  17. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This issue was a lot of fun. Thundercracker has become far and away one of my favorite characters, something I never thought I'd ever say.

I'm still a little unclear on the overall seeker picture... So Starscream is a constructed cold bot, put into a stock "jet guy" body, and TC and 'Warp are forged 'bots who chose to copy that shape?

• Like Like x 1
  18. ZachimusPrime

ZachimusPrime toys.

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This issue was simple but at the same time kind of heavy on the continuity with multiple accurate flashbacks and things from previous OP issues, which I always love. I'm glad the references to old issues and such were obvious and expanding on things we know, because it was damn fun not constantly racking my brain for past things for one issue. I just had a fun time, after reading the story heavy OP 16 and LL 15. Probably my favorite annual so far.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Yep. 'Screamer was a CC minor politician, 'flier made good,' who recruited two forged bots from the institute and convinced them of a story about unity.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

If Habro had a lick of sense, they’d get Netflix or someone to make a sitcom entirely focused around TC, Marissa and Buster. Seriously, I’d watch six seasons and a movie about a girl and her slightly tall, slightly odd flatmate who desperately wants to break into Hollywood and can turn into an F-22.

• Like Like x 6