Optimus Prime #22 - spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by rikkomba, Aug 2, 2018.

1. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:

Did you actually even read the issue yet it's not released in stores

2. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I happened to be up online when it went live on IDW's own site (it was something like 4:30am for me). For once, insomnia is paying off. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  3. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    Lucky you are there any screenshots

4. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just steal it like you normally do Ashley.

• Like Like x 7
  5. unknown456

unknown456 Not-So-New Bot On The Block

Man, three issues in one day. Think I'm having a bit comic overload, lol...

I really liked this issue. It had a lot packed into it, but I thought it flowed together perfectly well. I definitely like the "calm before the storm" aspect the first ten or so pages had. And, man, I didn't realize that all of Unicron's attacks that we saw on page were only a couple hours apart! That's legitimately terrifying. For me, this issue went a long ways to really showing just how unstoppable and horrifying Unicron is, moreso than the other, actual Unicron issues have (not that I think those are bad by any stretch). Curious to see how these threads are all wrapped up in the next two or three issues. Hopefully better than how The Falling was, anyway...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I am finally able to put the reading order in...well..order. xD At least for the moment. Wanna see how Optimus 23 ties with Unicron issues 2 and 3. ^^ So far, yeh, filling the gaps in previous events and ..damn!

7. Thumbaticon

Thumbaticon "It's all right, I'm an emergency vehicle!"

This was a solid issue and an excellent tie-in for Unicron. I only wish this could've come out sooner... 3 months sooner... at least between Unicron #0 and #1 sooner...
    • I have to stop trying to analyze the Dark Cybertron prophecy. It could be accompanied by pictures of Bob, Buster, and D.O.C frolicking in a meadow and I'd still be gullible enough to think there's some sort of deeper meaning to Shockwave's fanfiction.
    • Trying to get a brain-dead Swindle to walk up? He can't do it, but if you need to transfer the data of two conscious bots inside another bot back into the real world... Wheeljack's got you covered!
    • "You were my conscience. I've tried my best to live up to your ideals." In any other continuity it sounds like something Bee would say to Optimus, but here it's the other way around, yet it makes complete sense. I really wish the two had interacted more throughout Optimus' post-war development.
    • "A few people on the internet will argue that Cliffjumper (A character who's only been an extra throughout phase 2)'s death in Unicron #0 was unjust. In this issue I'll have a page of him being an upstanding bot who wants himself and others to do their jobs thoroughly... and then I'll kill him off" -John Barber... Probably
    • upload_2018-8-8_22-41-18.png
    • I think i figured out why I like ROM, he kind of reminds me of G1 Optimus. His origin is even similar, where he's happy with his kind of mundane job and has the girl, until evil shows up at his doorstep, almost dies, and is reborn with new powerful armor.
    • Beachcomber and Seaspray are guarding Shockwave. Beachcomber and Seaspray. These bots are moving up in the world (Well, before Unicron eats them all)
    • Hey it's team Prowl! Though I wonder where Wheelie is... just kidding, didn't notice his absence until I browsed TFWiki
    • Hey it's *sigh* the colonists... and Slide...
    • There's millions of Devisiuns on their planet!? No! They're too adorable to die!
    • "It's the logical thing to do, Optimus." Pitre-Durocher's art is amazing, especially the facial and body expressions. I love to hate Prowl, but that look on his face reminds me that he'll always be an autobot first and a prick second.
    • Rhinox is still around. Huh. Now i'm imagining him waiting at Onyx's temple for millions of years while I will wait for you plays in the background
    • "Now who's ready to end Optimus Prime's reign?" Funniest line of this issue. Whether it's protecting or "liberating" the protoforms, I feel like Slide's whole arc will end in a spectacular fiery death

• Like Like x 4
  8. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    1. JAZZ! WE’RE NOT GETTING AWAY!
    Well jazz probably will but you’re not.
    2. Great issue though.
    3. Nice to see detritus.
    4. IDW continues to prove that the evergreen designs are fantastic and we need better toy with bumblebee. Like seriously get on that. He looks adorable.
    5. Jazz is also back and he’s still weird and cool.
    6. Midnight Express continues to baffle me as he looks more and more like he’s meant to be rapid run.
    7. Slide is still salty and it’s cool. I like mentally unstable and broken female characters and she is one of them. I hope she gets it good though. Get an arcee punch or something.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Didn’t notice they were getting cozy but they were close together. I love those two. Where’s my alieron and better arcee toy!?

• Like Like x 2
  10. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    There's no toy for aileron only Arcee and there just friends

11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I know. That’s why I’m asking for one. Also there hasn’t been a perfect new design arcee figure as of late. Also my shipping brain is ignoring your last statement because it’s too good to be true.

12. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    F57C31EB-B6CA-404A-9122-DF2F191481F6.jpg
    Same for Optimus Prime they should at least give the toys new molds instead of like repaints oh and someone noticed that Arcee's face changes to pink and grey from the comics

And I still feel they should change there relationship with someone else other then each other just feel rushed and needs way more build up like in the lost light issues

• Like Like x 1
  13. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Well all of arcee’s potential boyfriends are all currently dead so you can’t do anyone else. Also they’ve built up their relationship across the series but now it’s reached a new and different level.

14. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    I read them just not feel good and aileron is still a new character and she just came out of nowhere and a shy so she's better off with someone far better then Arcee here

15. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    She’s not that new. She’s around three years old now.

16. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    She's still growing and have a lot of learning

17. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    She’s like the new bumblebee except bumblebee is back now. I just enjoy her personality and after all the crap arcee has given her she’s finally come to appreciate what aileron has done for her. Now they’re cute and together and I love that kind of relationship.

18. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    They don't look good together just a mess and confusion, Arcee's story is still not over same for Optimus Prime

19. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    What doesn’t make them look good together? Also of course none of their stories are finished. IDW just got cut off with this Unicron stuff and reboots.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    I rather give aileron to Bumblebee and cause aileron is just to shy and scared