Optimus Prime #13

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by maku098, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah, some of the lines he says are rather out of place. Like him saying “Eh?” or the line he yells when he almost runs over Blackrock. Don’t seem like very Optimus things to say.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    That's just because Barber is turning into a tired hack. Roberts is the only decent writer left on Transformers.

3. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    I'm calling my shot:

This arc will end with Centurion dying but Bumblebee's ghost will take over his form, merging with him and thus allowing Bee to return to life but now in the Centurion body. Hasbro can then put out a new Bumblebee toy that is Centurion Bumblebee. Bee has been off the table for a long time, he has a movie coming out next year, and we just so happen to have the Robot that believed himself to be Bumblebee suddenly appearing in this story while Bumblebee's ghost watches on?

Yeah, Bee is coming back to life, folks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Only one problem there, Bumblebee still has his body. He’s just trapped inside the Crystal City Singularity.

5. Mr. Chaos

News Credits:
    And? Whose to say Bee couldn't posses Centurion's body, leaving his old body in the Crystal City Singularity, waiting to be grabbed by a villain? Or that he doesn't actually have his body and it is a heaven/spirit situation? Or that he is able to puppet Centurion? Honestly, in the world of comics that isn't really a problem. I mean, in this comic alone we have a robot who died, was brought back to life, and is being influenced by someone else. We have Cybertron's energon tainted thanks to magic. The normal rules went out the bloody window.

6. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Centurion's already had several death fake-outs, and I think Barber's done too much with the character to kill him off now. I find it more likely that if Bumblebee's going to possess anyone, it'll be Goldbug.

7. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

It's a pretty overcomplicated theory when all what the writer has to do is to bring back everyone from the Crystal City by a space bridge...

I'd be laughing hard at it.

But then, so far we had spontaneous combinations and someone was even silly enough to write "a wizard did it" into Cybertron... Smart writing went out the bloody window in the Hasbroverse some time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Fixed that for you.
    But then where does that leave Goldbug? Clearly there is something that's going to happen between the Bumblethree, but I don't expect Centurion to die. Plus, I want him to go back to Earth and team up with Bulletman again.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Bah. I don't know who Centurion is and, as I feared, whatever happened during First Strike is somewhat pertinent to this new arc.

Great to see the Throttlebots again though - hope Searchlight's survived. That looked like a killer-disintegrator blow, but then Livio always draws laser blasts melting Cybertronian flesh, only for them to turn up fine later on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Read the Optimus Prime & Transfomers one-shots from First Strike (they form a two-part story that'll introduce you to Centurion), that's all you need. They're being included in the third Optimus Prime trade paperback, so they are considered a proper part of the OP story.

You don't need to know anything from the main First Strike mini-series other than what's recapped in dialogue in this issue.

• Like Like x 2
  11. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW that last page.

i'm so glad barber's got prowl again. and STARDRIVE?! i'm happy she survives her debut mini series but i'm annoyed the last issue of shining armor isn't out BEFORE this. kind of takes all the tension from the mini away now.

but i'm stoked she lived! stardrive ftw....gimmie a toy hasbro!

• Like Like x 5
  12. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Cheers!

Oh, forgot to say - happy to see Prowl back too!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I was right the first time. Lost Light is still quite a fun enjoyable read every month for me. Whereas Optimus Prime is just dull and boring. I was only interested in the Throttlebots scenes this issue. The rest was just residue left over from crossover issues I hadn't read, so I had no real interest. I just didn't care for the Dinobots or Bludgeon in this issue.

14. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Thought this was much better than the last issue. The way how the Throttlebots are reintroduced is classic use of continuity by Barber while the main Optimus plot allows for good character moments.

Ramondelli's artwork was fine, he's getting better at depicting expressions.

15. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ps love that there are three bumblebees in the story already :D 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Centurion is great. The Optimus Prime and Transformers First Strike tie-ins serve as a decent introduction (and doesn't require reading the First Strike event), but his real introduction was in Revolutionaries, which is a great series in and of itself.

17. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    For God’s sake someone repair Prowl’s broken eye.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr. Chaos

News Credits:
    Never. i hope we go through another 100 issues and the eye is still damaged. Like... Prowl is now a giant winged wombat with chainsaws for hands and 6 legs and the eye is still broken.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    You know where you can find much finer work of a far higher quality? Everywhere else. There is still a strong element of unclear murkiness which is perhaps more a result of the coloring than the line art. The same line art with a better colorist could work wonders. Yet going by the credits, Livio is "art", so I think he does his own coloring.

20. kmc

kmc Well-Known Member

Consider OP11 was drawn by four artists and one colorist.
    Consider you can have one guy who does it all.
    Consider you're the director of Human Resource Department of IDW.