Optimus design in TF4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PrimePower04, Apr 24, 2013.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    So a 180 on all previous bots. I'm curious. Can't wait for the leaks to show up soon.

2. optimusb1327

optimusb1327 Banned

With a blocky design??

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd expect him to look something like this

[​IMG]

and almost nothing like this

[​IMG]

4. mille

mille Active Member

I think that they will start out with the design from the previous movies then change to something new, maybe to look more "human", so that the humans won't see them as aliens and I think that there will be no alliance with the goverment this time, maybe they are seen as enemies and are being hunted by the military so to avoid capture they'll need to go back to the "robots in disguise" idea, haveing altmodes that would blend in easy with the rest of the cars and trucks that we see every day.

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    This is a sequel, not a reboot. Why would the government randomly go "LOL FIRE AT WILL"?

6. mille

mille Active Member

Because of the invasion that happened in DOTM and Sentinel becomeing a bad guy would fuel the fear for the alien robots, most ppl don't know the "autobots" in person, to them Optimus would be just another robot with an hidden agenda to rule the earth. It wouldn't be so hard to put some "evil" goverment guy in charge of the operation, like someone who had a son among the military personel who got killed when Sentinel turned and killed Ironhide. It would make it personal and convincing.

7. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I know why Optimus would get a new design, Sentinel cut his arm off. (These were my reactions in theaters seeing it happen --> :eek:  (wait, did that just happen?) & :jawdropper:  (OMG that freakin' happened!!!)

I could see the US bringing Prime on Trial because of it but it gets preempted by a Decepticon strike. :D 

jD001

8. Violet

Violet Decepticon

What I have the biggest issue with is his colors. Anywayz to me it seems kinda one sided, typical that the main good heroes in either bot or superhero mode have red and blue plus white as main colors the only exception being batman i think. and thats the colors of American flag even if they dont directly represent the country, its just too one sided, tendency like and kind of too nationalist for my taste. Dont get me wrong I love US and what is stands for but repeatedly putting the typical US flag colors on the movie positive characters is kinda tiring and overkill to me, also a bit egotistic, cause its like not only blue red and white is positive, other non terrorist and basically positive countries have their colors too theres tons to chóose from , it seems kind of like a compulsion make Optimus Prime blue and red make Superman that way too, not to mention Spiderman and any other main positive character that doesnt come to my mind at the moment aside from Batman and Ironman. Im not against US in any way, if anything Im a huge fan of what it does and stands for, extreme supporter even, but it pisses me off when ANY country just manifests their colors every chance they get this way. Especially that Optimus and Autobots in general are alien anyway so why that color choice for their leader. The came to save Earth not just the US.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The reason red, white, blue, and sometimes green are often associated with heroic characters is the same reason they show up on flags, because the colors or bright, easily arranged into recognizable patterns, and are associated with emotions or traits that are attractive in both cases. It's not really nationalism unless there's direct connection to national symbols (say, stars and stripes), or if the colors are consciously tied back to that nation.

If you're making the association that any character who is made up of a red, blue, and/or white color scheme is an american symbol, it is because you have already tied those colors to the identity of the united states in your head. Many other nations use those colors on their own flags, after all.

The Montreal Canadiens, for example, are not a nationalistic symbol of the United States. Optimus Prime's color scheme was developed by a Japanese company, before he was even called Optimus Prime.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  10. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

My flag has red, white, blue, yellow, and black... so Pretty much most characters walk about with the colours of my flag and I like it :) .

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Send to me your beaches.

12. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'd like Optimus to be a fire truck like he was in RiD, Cybertron and Beast Hunters. A big firetruck, not a skinny sleek one like Sentinel Prime

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    A fire truck would make a nice change for the movies. If the Autobots really are back in proper hiding in TF4 then it would be a good new disguise for Optimus. And with Ratchet as an ambulance again they'd be a good rescue services duo hiding out while still helping humans. Also give us Blades as an air rescue helicoptor to move things away from all Autobots being ground vehicles and I'd be happy enough. And throw in Prowl if you want to.

14. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    +1 on wanting Optimus to be a fire truck.

Cybertron Optimus Prime is by far my favourite Optimus Prime design and I want something like that again.

15. Dischord

Dischord Empyricon

Ebay:
    While the obvious redesign for Optimus is a newer model of truck engine, I'm on board with the fire engine idea. Sentinel was a airfield type fire tender--Optimus could be be better as a classic ladder truck--a 'movieverse' rendition of RID Optimus.

I'd like to see more sensibly-designed Decepticons. Having essentially declared war on Humans at large, forms like tanks and giant excavators are foolish. Sure, they look intimidating, but they are far too conspicuous and offer no hope for escape once detected. A more subtle plot with perhaps Stunticon-like Decepticons (led by Nemesis Prime?) and Protectobot-like Autobots fighting it out in urban settings could be fun.

16. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Optimus Prime's colors have nothing to do with the Flag. Optimus Prime is the same color as the original Diaclone Convoy toy from Japan. So unless the Japanese modeled his colors after our Flag I don't think you have a point.....on Optimus Prime at least I cant say with the other Superheroes.

17. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    But in Dark of the Moon, the Autobots practically lived with the government, and they spoke face-to-face. They should know by now (especially since the movie takes place, what, 3 years after DOTM?) that Sentinel was a traitor and the Autobots are good.

18. random dude

random dude Well-Known Member

Yeah but the people at large aren't going to make that distinction. Neither would government officials not related to the Autobots. Last thing the people have heard about the Autobots is that they were alien fugitives about to get exiled before a massive invasion that killed possibly thousands of people. If it were me, and that's all the facts I had I'd make the assumption that they got out they attacked and they're the ones we want off the planet. And the government would never give all the facts anyways.

19. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Just get rid of the lips and I'll be happy.

20. mille

mille Active Member

Remember when Optimus arrives at the base where Sentinel took the pillars, don't remember the name of the "lady boss" but she said something along the lines "this is ALL on YOU"...We also get to see some opinons that the "cybertonians" ain't that welcome on earth, I think it's seen clearly when Agent Simmons is being interviewed. And when they got exiled it looked to me like that the goverment didn't care that much for them after all, they didn't try to trick the Decepticons that the Autobots have left or try to gain some time to come up with some plan and they pretty much knew that exiling them would be the same as killing them. My opinion is that the small people within the goverment care for the bots but the ones with power doesn't.