Optimus and the blinkered vision

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by GWolfv2, Nov 2, 2016.

1. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Something that's struck me of late and especially in taao rev is how Optimus seems trapped in a way of seeing himself as always believed and understood. He assumes that people understand what he's doing and why it's right. Which makes sense. Most of his life he's been surrounded by people who not only obey him but revere him as the one point of light on an increasingly corrupt legacy. He's used to automatic acceptance of the correctness of his actions. But now with the hunans and archer and windblade, you have people who view him without the perspective he's accoustomed to. Yet he deals with them as he would his troops. He explains why he's doing something and leaves it at that, not because he's naturally authoritarian but because that's all he ever had to do to comfort people. But the outsiders see him independent of that history and place their own preconceptions on events. Much of what's happened and will happen is as much due to prime's lack of realisation as it is the inherent correctness or incorrectness of his actions.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. iamtfc

iamtfc Well-Known Member

I think if anything it has more to do with the aspect of Prowl left in Prime's mind after the Combiner War story.

They had been building on the idea that fragments of other being's minds stay in each component Transformer for a long time now. It was really only after the link up that Optimus really, really, started acting like what you describe.

When you think about it, it's unusual for Optimus to act that way, but it fits Prowl (when he's in one of his devious mind sets) perfectly. Doing things with a hidden agenda, telling others only what he deems needed to get them to go along, acting like once he's done so that others will blindly go along (thus showing how he may have all the logical angles calculated, he lacks just a little understanding of emotions).... it all fits Prowl.

Now, I don't think that Prowl has taken over Optimus..... but I do think it is an influence on how he goes about things. Kind of a sneaky voice in the back of the head.

"You do know you can easily solve Earth's problems, don't you?"

• Like Like x 3
  3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd also like to see more inner conflict also with Ironhide, Mirage and Sunstreaker in his head too.

also having Optimus influence Prowl would be cool to see too. All of them really.

But of course they'll just do Prowl on Optimus. :/

4. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

We've seen Optimus being conflicted about his role as the "True Prime" and being who he used to be. A bot of responsibility and then given this sense of divinity that even he still struggles to live up to.

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what you're saying is, Prowl is like a joint Optimus smoked.

6. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Hm, consider when he left to find himself and be Orion Pax. He also had some pretty big doubts in the post-AHM ongoing. I wouldn't quite say he always thinks he's correct and understood, he will listen to criticism, but he is very used to being the leader with the final say.