Optimus and humanity SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by primal789, Jun 26, 2014.

1. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Will OP ever have compasion and fight for us,and trust us again?He was very pissed off in the movie and said "After this we are done saving humans" and "How many more of my kind must be sacrificed for your mistakes".I felt so sad that our hero has no interest in protecting our kind.The movie was brilliant but that's something that made me feel sad.Maybe he will still protect us because he says at the end "Defend all they can be" to the Autobots and "Leave planet Earth alone because I'm coming...for you!"to his creators.Any thoughts,guys?

2. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

Frankly I think mankind's betrayal of the autobots and Prime's reaction to be perhaps the most realistic plot development in the films. Let's face it Ratchet was right in the first movie. We are a primitive and violent race. Are we really even worth saving?

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Optimus was really discouraged at the beginning of this movie. Peter Cullen did a great job of selling that in his voice. I could feel it.

I feel at the end of this movie he's back on the positive side, but it's going to take a lot go gain his full trust again.

And it just makes his death scene that much more horrible. It sent chills down my spine. He was genuinely pleading for his life and the human's were being savages.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  4. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    That's what I thought too

5. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me start off by saying that this is a definite awesome side of Prime! He is really, really mad. It is so awesome to see him react that way. I think that he will come to defend Earth as usual, if only due to his need to constantly stop Megatron/Galvatron. I think that this trilogy will be about the humans getting OP's trust back. I think humans, towards the end of the film made several strides towards building back the relationship though.

6. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'd lose all trust in humans too, if they were trying to wipe out my kind from existance. I don't blame Prime or the Bots for wanting to tell humans to frag off.

7. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

This is why I'm a con.........hell I'm human and I'm losing faith in humanity it's that sad how real that part of OP is. I'm surprised by the second movie he didn't do it yet.

8. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I know what you mean,we all would have done the same thing and I'm alright with the Autobots hating hunans but he is Optimus Prime.Maybe it's just strange to me to see my hero hating Earth

9. MatrixBearer85

MatrixBearer85 Well-Known Member

that was my reaction as well. you could really feel his anger when he saw Ratchet's face being melted.
    TF4 = a very angry Prime, i couldn't remember the exact line but he said
    "protect this family" before going Iron man. i think he will still trust humans but it wouldn't be the same

10. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    He said "Defend this family Autobots as they have you.Defend....all they can be"

11. Tfan12

Tfan12 Well-Known Member

no we are not so in tf 6 we can have a full movie of only bots without humans cuz we got extinct.

12. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me.

13. MegsLITTLE

MegsLITTLE Autobot soldier

LOL

14. Retro Ace

Retro Ace Well-Known Member

well I think he doesn't "hate" humans, he's too wise, he is just extremely frustrated, if he "hated" them he wouldn't put his life on the line for Cade and his family, he's not spiteful, he's vulnerable

15. Retro Ace

Retro Ace Well-Known Member

To me he would never go as far to hate an entire race, he has a sense of innocent, he would harm asshole humans, not innocent humans, to me Optimus just had to accept the fact not all humans are good as Transformers are. That however didn't mean he had to become a decepticon, he just had to make exceptions here and there even when he doesn't want to

16. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I totally understand and support Prime's decisions/behavior in this; if I were in his shoes(?) I would have felt the same. Heck I would have lost it by the second movie, so props to him. lol
    The only thing I'm worried about is the oncoming wave of rage from fans...Prime's actions toward the end of DotM are controversial to this day, and I am sooo not looking forward to the ranting and raving over his behavior in AoE...*sigh*

17. MegsLITTLE

MegsLITTLE Autobot soldier

I agree

18. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Didn't Ironhide say that?

19. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think he said 'respect the family' Corleone style ;-)

20. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

G1 Optimus wouldn't have let things get that bad. Even at the darkest points of the cartoon,(Megatron framing the Autobots, The Haye Plague) Optimus was too noble to make the mistakes that led to massacres. Maybe it helped that the Decepticons in the cartoon where 80's Villains and monologued their plans or the producers didn't want to make the Autobots as feared as the Decepticons.......