Opinions on the Titanium line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deltaprime, Feb 10, 2020.

1. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    The Titanium line sucked. The metal parts were poorly placed and the design was bad, thus you had figures that could barely stand up, or had to be part-formed and wouldn't stay together.

I had Jetfire and Soundwave (a.k.a "Diaperwave"). I've sold both of them and don't miss them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 number one Bangles fan on the boards

News Credits:
    I agree. The Fallen was one of three I kept, the other two being RID 2000 Optimus and Optimal Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NIMISISKRASH

NIMISISKRASH DESTROY ALL TOYZ

Instagram:
    Only one I have is Thundercracker
    Very deep discount back when I worked @ target. Best thing about them to me was the dream wave designs
    Love em

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember liking the Jetfire and the Rodimus. The G1 Ultra Magnus I bought secondhand loose, it was fine but to my memory it had considerably less diecast than other figures in the line. Most of the ones I bought I never opened, I suspected they were bad toys by and large and would be just fine displayed in their packaging.

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Underrated, but not amazing either. The first wave was far too floppy, but after that things improved considerably. I particularly liked Jetfire, the various Seekers, The Fallen (STILL the best Megatronus/Fallen toy we've gotten), RiD Optimus/Hot Zone, and the out-of-nowhere Cheetor.

6. RVeaks1973

RVeaks1973 Ghost in the Machine.

I like them all, they are great to display in Alt mode, I have all of mine still in their boxes until we decide to move. Only missing ww Megatron, the fallen and box and insert for g1 ultramagnus. They really could have made more beast wars, g1 also

7. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

It was the only version of war within prime that was available for a long time, and later the only one that was still ok at a decent price so I kept it all these years. I love Don's name engraved in the rifle, too, that's a nice touch.

However, looking recently at Civil Warrior's General Grant, so big and shiny and with a flightpack trailer...I might have to go ahead and upgrade. Maybe might sell the Titanium version.

8. RVeaks1973

Need a box and insert for g1 ultramagnus, need we Megatron and the fallen

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. northernautobot

northernautobot Frozen Autobot in MN

AT THE TIME, it felt like it was the only representations of certain characters we'd ever see (War Within), or modern style versions of some non-G1 characters. I was hyped, and bough several of them: War Within Prime, Optimal Optimus, Soundwave/Laserbeak, GI JOE Megatron, Rodimus Prime, to name a few.

I've since sold them all.

Third party wasn't really a thing back then, so this was the best we were seeming to get. Then the Prime Wars trilogy, IDW Generations, and Third party toys all became a thing and we got better representations of nearly every Titanium figure.

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Had them all. Sold them all. I don't miss them. Some fun designs with piss poor execution.

11. RVeaks1973

Would anyone here have the box and insert for the g1 ultramagnus 6" Titanium?

12. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I had Rodimus Prime and Soundwave. I still have Scourge, The Fallen, Sunstorm, Thrust, Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker.

My main issue with those that I had/have is they were too small for my taste. Rodimus Prime had a great robot mode but I sold him because he didn't scale with my collection. Still one of the better Rodimus Prime toys.

Actually...G1, Masterpiece, Power of the Primes...He may be the best Rodimus Prime toy.

The Fallen is floppy and small but looks great in robot mode.

The Seekers shoulders were top heavy and sometimes flop outwards but they looked great. Thrust makes a great repurpose as pre Earth Terrorsaur. He's got Terrorsaur's animation model colours. Plus Cybertron 2 pack burgundy Starscream makes a perfect Cybertronian Thrust.

Most people don't like shell formers but I like how Scourge transforms.

Really, if they had been Voyager sized, and without the die cast parts, I think they'd be great representations of each character, at least the figures I had. I mean that's what the Cybertron Seeker mold is.