Opinion on the tf community.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tfcollector97, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Better than it used to be.

• Like Like x 1
  2. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, that applies in life in general... heck, I've seen people use certain "cards" to accuse me of something when all along, I was simply responding in kind to their behavior. I've tried to teach myself to walk away a lot more as it's not worth it.

For me, lately, I've been having to lurk and respond less as I do find that there is a cycle with this place, same as most fandom, where you hit a time where there's just a bad patch of people/comments that really kills the fun a hobby should be giving you.... Personally, I'd rather just wait and see the news about the upcoming figures and try to participate in a positive way, and go work on my story, while I see some members that don't even bother reading, and just whine and bitch and go on and on about the same rambles.

The worse threads on here have been the speculation ones I find... arguments over non-existing stuff. Nah, I'm here to state my opinion, provide information, state a few facts, and try to do something fun and of value when I post, and would rather spend my energy on my story than come on here and do like these members do.

The worse is when someone forgets (or can't wrap their heads around it) that this is a hobby, this is fiction (all made up and not real), and that mostly, this is about toys. But it's amazing the extent that some go to argue...

• Like Like x 1
  3. NecroTron77

NecroTron77 Well-Known Member

I've never been part of a fandom, I am still not. I come to check the TF news, appreciate the Radicon thread and occasionally let my garbage brain spew stupid.
    People like me are the problem here. Bored, cynical, wanna-be intellectuals come here and start shit to entertain themselves at the expense of diehard fans who can't help but take the bait.

Don't get me wrong, I have totally been into the figures since '84, but I am a jaded Gen-x asshole like 90% of the rest of the G1 people on here. We grew up trolling the shit out of each other, mocking, bullying teasing endlessly. All the while pretending our feelings weren't hurt, instead being outwardly angsty and angry.

We are an in-between generation, demographically small, so we compensate. We made up crap like, "I was into that since the beginning, you are just a poser* for only being into it recently" and all quietly pretended it was a valid argument. We are collectively the absolute worst people. We invented all the crap Millennials get all the flak for nowadays. We are the proto hipsters, we just didn't have the term handy back then. We invented the "into it before it was cool" genre. We perfected online trolling when the internet was still a baby. We invented the world, according to us and no one else.

In short, us G1 fans are the worst of the worst, and now we are too old and stubborn to change. If you aren't one of us we look down on you, if you are one of us... well we tend to hate ourselves...

TL : DR - The G1 part of the community is the worst and the BW fans have "little brother all grown up" syndrome*

*poser: (noun) 1990s era derogatory slang - someone who claims to be all about a topic, ideal or genre without actually being an elitist jerk, like me.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah nah dude as a G1 fan I'm reading this thinking you need help. Like you say you're not part of the fandom, Say you're just here to bait others and then say as a G1'er that we're the problem. It's a bit contradictory but also very self deprecating. Most G1 fans just grew up. We've got careers and families etc now. Not saying everyone is an angel but we're far from the cynical mob you're thinking of.

Being a former huge GW fan and some one who dips their toes back in to keep up with the lore. My general take is that over the last decade the Meme culture has saved them from self destruction. Like in 2000 and something if you didn't know the exact lore for some guardsman army that's never seen a model and only exists in a 7 year old Codex you'd get called out and grilled for being a n00b. But now it's like mostly posting photos of nice models and memes of space marines and Sisters of battle. Is the joke getting old... maybe but they have really chilled the fuck out so I cant give them too much grief.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NecroTron77

NecroTron77 Well-Known Member

The fact that you can't see how you actually proved my point by doing the things I said is priceless. Cynically dismissing me as "one who needs helped". Then omitting the first part of my post where I said I came to get news on figs, then check the customs and then occasionally give in to the urge to casually troll, in that order, only further dismisses my opinion. Bloody well done. The icing is the bit where you do the exact thing I said, how you were a "Huge GW fan" and that the new meme kids (posers) came and ruined it, but its cool now, because they all left. Gleefully elitist.

Thank you. *slow clap* brilliant.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention the part where Gen-Xers HAVE to be right, no matter what.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Being an old TF fan yet new to this community, I'm finding that I like it. There appear to be some cliques, but enough open-minded members on board to help smooth out the differences.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    This is basically where you can tell about whatever bugs you about the Transformers Fandom

Here are just some of my nitpicks with the Transformers fandom/Fan Community.

• Why do we nickname the Decepticon Mini-Cassettes the Cassetticons when we could easily called them the Decepticassettes?
    • The Whole RIBFIR vs RIRFIB argument could easily be avoided by just calling them the Red One and the Blue One.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 ACCESS FLASH

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Come on, Cassetticons sounds way cooler than "Decepticassettes." Rolls off the tongue better.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Oh, alright.

Meanwhile the Rumble-Frenzy argument could easily be avoided via just calling them the Red One from *source* and the Blue One from *source*.

Meanwhile the 2 arguments could be called "Bone of a Conifer" (FIRRIB) and "Lie of a Crimson Hen from the Smallest US State" (RIRFIB).

10. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    rUmBLE= BLUE

• Like Like x 1
  11. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easier way is to simply call them by the name that's on the packaging of the toy. For fiction stuff, either comics or cartoons, why even care to debate, and just go with whatever the writers went with.

If a toy comes out and one of either colour comes out and has a name assigned to it, that's the name that people should be using... if I'm looking for the toy and someone gives me the wrong name because they are frankly too freaking thick and childish to get over it, it will piss me off because it is misleading. If in a sighting forum I ask if someone has seen X, any response should be about X and not Y because it IS "X" on the package, end of story.

Seriously, this "debate" is one of the most ridiculous argument.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Considering in most cases of TF fiction the origin is a toy, I completely agree with your logic. I'm a very toy-centric fan, though, so that's my normal inclination anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    RIRCIW

14. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

This is some of the most overdramatic shit I've read on here

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cyberbot8460

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Means a lot coming from you.

• Like Like x 5
  16. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

Honestly we're the best. Especially in radicons, literally the least toxic area ever. "Out there there are hundreds of factions, here we only have Autobot and Decepticon" And by extension predacons and maximals for all those BW fans out there

The fact that this post had a dictionary definition for poser is something we can all be proud of.

17. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Couldn't agree more.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cyberbot8460

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tell that to all the G1 elitists who literally shit on others' opinions and some of whom are literal nazis. Definitely not as bad as the Star Wars nazi-neckbeards though.

Oh yeah, and there's the Japanese fandom. Swear to God, the Japanese have the secret as to how to make the perfect art. Looking at you, Studio TRIGGER with your Transformers art book.
    (C'mon Hasbro, when are you gonna get them to make a TF anime? You have no reason not to!)

19. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

Feel like G1 prolly has the most amount of elitists, though every now and again a Bayverse elitist shows up too
    Like it'll be a brand new account defending something from the movies most people don't like (Twins are mentioned a lot). Which is fine, but they do it with the "Stop hating things I like" mentality, so it pretty much just ends up being like what happens in news and rumors a lot, total shitshow

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Radicons is a cool place.