OpenPlay notSpringer (MP scaled)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Weezie, Aug 22, 2016.

1. The Last Prime

The Last Prime Nope

Would you be willing to trade for something? Like maybe a small titan master or something? I'm really tired of looking at that horrible stock face.

2. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I'm not really looking for anything but sadly the spares are now all accounted for

3. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Please tell me someone will be producing these on a larger scale. Since messing up the baking process on my custom, my figure has been faceless for a long time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Second this. I'm sorry I missed out on it but the design that @jesslynMMC did and your execution of it is just what I was hoping for. That's the face that Springer should have had to begin with.

5. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is the STL for that face sculpt available somewhere?

6. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Ive got a great idea... Why doesn't someone make a face that fits on there?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto Owl Obsessed

News Credits:
    Just ordered this to go with MP Arcee. I googled Allen and gagged at the marshmellow man. Fanstoys didn't look much better either, and it's like 7x the price. $88 from BBTS. Probably could have gotten it cheaper, but I don't really care.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bbanzai123

bbanzai123 Well-Known Member

He is my favorite Springer.
    Yes, he does not have a ton (any) of die cast, has a terrible face sculpt to some people (not me) and has a chest tabbing issue (easily fixed), but he is so much fun to play with!
    He is reasonably priced and looks pretty good in all three modes IMO.
    I wish there was more from Open and Play besides their not-Galvatron.

• Like Like x 4
  9. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Still not a bad price considering he's a ton of fun. I got this and their Galvatron for $80 together and it was possibly the best bargain of my life. Big Spring is amazing.

He may not have any diecast metal, but he is rugged. I just love the feel of the plastic. He's so much fun to mess around with and transform that the issues above just dont matter. I can fix up a new face myself, clear coat the chest tab, etc. And his transformations are well engineered and FUN. I'm still blown away by the changing cockpit width!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bbanzai123

bbanzai123 Well-Known Member

His cockpit gimmick is really neat! He is such fun!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blacktaurus

Blacktaurus Well-Known Member

Finally! Faceswapped just in time for Arcee’s arrival 8A6F5934-52CF-4E4F-9F9D-14326F5D8613.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Dickyscrubbs

Dickyscrubbs Well-Known Member

Nice job ... how’d you do it?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blacktaurus

Blacktaurus Well-Known Member

used MP Infernos and mod the top part of the face with a Xacto knife to follow the shape of the helmet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

If anyone cant direct me at a source that has this for a decent price I am all game. I found just 2 listings on Ali for a horrible price and if I dare do a search with 'Open and Play', I get some funny results which include dildos.....so yeah.....no....'toy' took a sudden unexpected turn :lol :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Woman on the run

News Credits:
    (Edit: Does anyone have the bomb that came with BP that they don't want? I'll buy it from you if someone is willing to ship it to me)

I am enjoying my OP Springer and its even better that it just so happened to be one of the cheaper options from all of the Springer figures I looked at in the last several months.

The face definitely wasn't as bad as the pictures had led me to believe initially, but I can understand why there is a vocal demand of wanting different facial plates, I would certainly jump on that as well. I'm also not a huge fan of the giant line down the center of his chest. Its the second thing my eyes are drawn to and there is an unsightly split down the middle- even an Autobot sticker probaby won't remedy it. That's just a really small nitpick though, almost everything else is fine and I really like the colors and the overall mold.

If anyone is still trying to decide on buying this, I recommend it. If you can get it for $60-80, it would be well worth it, IMO. I can't speak on the longevity of quality or paint since I've only had it a couple of weeks, but everything as far as tolerances and ease of access goes, it feels pretty solid (I need to check on the chest tabbing remedy) and holds up to transforming and posing.

I would really like to see OP make some more figures in the future since I've heard their Galvatron is also good. :) 

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Very fine grit sandpaper (2000 grit wet sanding) and patience helps remedy the seam issue.

17. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Woman on the run

News Credits:
    Thank you for the input! Did you do yours that way? I know some people are really handy and can turn the harshest figures into pure gold with time and effort! Lol

18. funkatron101

Ebay:
    I did. The chest turned out great, but I also ruined the face :( 
    I tried sculpey over the original face, but I warped the original plastic face in the baking process.

19. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Oof. Try Apoxie Sculpt next time. Hardens without heat and is much better for fine detail as well

• Like Like x 1
  20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

Picked mine up 2 weeks ago for $54 shipped. It was only missing the missile accessory. This is my second experience with the figure. I honestly forgot how good it was. I sold it when Apache was released, but ended up selling most of my 3rd party 3 years ago. Been looking to rebuy a few figures here and there ever since and was in the market for an MP-scaled Springer. Couldn’t pass up that kind of deal.

I might look into upgrading the face if a kit becomes available. Not really digging the Inferno/Grapple face plate option.
    822D2A95-9991-4DDC-B20C-BAFF221E1839.jpeg

• Like Like x 2