OpenPlay MP Scaled Arcee

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

[​IMG]

Well she is Windblade's big sister.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Oh hey it's perceptor in drag. He's a lady boy

• Like Like x 1
  3. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I need at least a double palm on the face, if not tripple, after seing the G1 Windblade.... ;) 
    LOL, I think i wont need a G1 Windlblade afterall

• Like Like x 1
  4. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Yeah. She was right though. We did go off topic quite a bit talking about the comics and such.

Whahaha. Yeah I don't think we need a G1 version xD

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    g1 wingblade ?:lol 

6. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

I like the kind, gentle, but still kick-ass if needs be G1 Arcee too. That's the Arcee I remember.
    The sword-wielding, 'hated being made a female' Arcee feels like a completely different character to me.
    I have both figures in my collection, but it's the G1 Arcees that represent the toy I always wanted as a kid, but never got made.
    So I'm making up for it now by buying ludicrous numbers of Arcees and fembots in general.
    I'm eagerly awaiting MMC's Titanica and Takara's TAV Windblade next.
    Then it'll probably be the Takara Megatronia set. By which time there should be some more 'MP' Arcees to check out the early renders of.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Wow...a drawing. I'd rather see a working render. Translating a 2D sketch to an actual working transforming model prototype are 2 different universes. Now, if it were a non transforming figure then I would have been excited. But let's see how it plays out. Only time will tell.

8. Honesty

News Credits:

The "problem" with IDW Arcee though stemmed from a writer who did not want any females in the comics. It was handled so very poorly.

I think IDW is in a position where they could just retcon it and not many people would care; but then again she may resonate well with transgendered people and/or people who still struggling.

So what can they do really?

If they retcon it and pretend it never happened, then transgendered people
    may see that as wrong and may perceive as being transgender is a "mistake" and thus needs "fixing."

Though it was against her will that it happened to her in the first place. It was an expierment. So I dunno. The whole thing is utterly messy and I think that would turn me to the side of anger as well.

Other than some things I disagree with or feel weird about, IDW and G1 are two very different distinct things to me. I can sperate the two and enjoy them for what they were and are. I am very much into different hobbies outside of TF's as well. My interests are pretty varied.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  9. engrpedro

engrpedro Well-Known Member

Did I accidentally stumbled upon 3rd party sketch discussions while trying to find my way to the toy threads?

Nope - looks like sketches are news now! ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  10. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Azalea is not only IDW design but is more Deluxe in scale I think? Not designed to fit in MP scale. Having said that, We're already seeing Prime, Bomber Megatron and Prowl in IDW deign's and MP scale so an IDW Arcee and Windblade could easily fit in with those figures.
    "I just want a G1 version before that happens,same for Windblade" - not sure how you get a G1 version of Windblade? She wasn't in G1. She was fan created for IDW and then appeared in the CW cartoon.
    Me, I want G1 Arcee, G1 Elita 1, G1 Fembots... and then do whatever other IDW, CW etc characters later on.

11. Honesty

News Credits:
    Azalea isn't a deluxe. Scales to voyagers.

12. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Boring! Mods lock it up ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Never apologize, don't pander to emotions. Apologies are for when you back over his cat, not have a different view and expressing it.

I wouldn't buy half those characters either.

If these guys can make a transformable figure that is reasonably close to that sketch I'll be impressed. Arcee seems to be like Megatron. Hard as shit to get two good modes in a toy.

14. Honesty

News Credits:
    Sheesh. Bet you have plenty of friends (maybe "friends") with that kind of attitude. Besides, she's English - Europeans aren't as ignorant and smug like most Americans are (case in point).

Lastly, you have a Tarn (IDW) avatar :/ and pre-ordered the figure, did you not?

15. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

Yeah, I separate those two TF universes as well, or more often just ignore the character and storylines of IDW, and just pick up the few IDW-ised figures I like and repurpose them in my collection.

I didn't know that IDW Arcee was held up as a Transgender transformer. I read your post and went away and did a bit of background reading, and I still can't see it really.
    From what I understand (I may be wrong) transgender folk feel their inner gender identity is not reflected by their outer physical gender, and so take steps to get the two to match up. If IDW Arcee is transgender, would she not attempt to do the same?
    I dunno, it doesn't really make sense to me in the context of alien transforming robots. And I don't want to derail this thread any further, even though it's a fairly tenuous "reveal" of a new 3P figure as such! :lol 

16. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

I love the idea of g1-ified figures of characters that originated from non-g1 series.

Rotf deluxe Lockdown, rts Lugnut, pe Aranea are great figures. I would totally want a nice 3p mp Windblade, or Strongarm.

The established tf history, story, and the nostalgia are all part of the appeal in my collecting. But the main draw is that they're just cool toys.

17. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

The thing with IDW Arcee is that the alleged(more on that in a moment) gender change was forcibly imposed on her by Jhiaxus in a moment of "I wonder what would happen if..." mad-sciencery. At that time, there weren't any female Transformers, and supposedly there had never BEEN any.
    Then they found a TON of "fembots".
    That raises a question of what really happened to Arcee. Is she actually transgendered, or was she always female and has had her mind altered to believe otherwise? For that matter, since her mind was altered in SOME way, is she really even Arcee is there a REAL Arcee out there somewhere?

Going back to this proposed figure, it's hard to stay on point when the only thing we have to comment on is a sketch. You can only analyze that so much.
    Unlike the Toyworld version, I would like to see this stay true to G1 and leave off the nods to the IDW version; i.e. NO SWORDS. If someone makes a G1 Arcee it should BE a G1 Arcee. If they want to give a nod to the IDW version then they should just DO the IDW version. :2c: 

18. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    If they manage this miracle Takara should offer the lot of them jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Nothing wrong with this post that I can see. I'm personally in agreement with the G1-centricity. However, buying more femmes would be greatly dependent on them not being remoulds. I want specific tooling. Arcee and Nightbird are top of the list. C'mon 3Ps, Nightbird doesn't even need to transform!

Robo-boys have robo-dickies; robo-girls have robo-vajayjays!

I'm bombarded with too much of this new-fangled inclusivity stuff in my popular media nowadays. Don't care a whit for it; with respect to Transformers (there's a gender-loaded word if there ever was one) I'm not gonna moan (too much) if that's the way any 3P wants to roll - for e.g. MMC and their IDW designs - but I'd much rather have good ol' G1 Geewun. Then I can limit my catfights to what G1 Geewun even means :p 

[add] I might as well say that the sketch looks pretty damned good to me. But that is clearly, clearly a sketch. I am ... sceptical that it will translate as well to a 3D trasnforming toy. I can but hope.

• Like Like x 4
  20. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    I don't associate with people that wish to silence dissenting opinions, have holier than thou cultural self images or are overly sensitive so my views on emotional pandering don't usually effect my relationships.
    And lastly she didn't list or mention Tarn so you second point is also irrelevant.