Online Problems (Halo: Combat Evolved) Help appreciated!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by LoC Soundwave, Mar 28, 2008.

1. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate to have to do this, but I've been searching the internet for hours without results.

A friend and I are trying to play against each other on Halo: Combat Evolved for PC, yet we can't connect through the direct IP system.

I keep checking that the IP he provided was correct, the server password was correct. Yet all I get is "Unable to connect to server" same thing goes for when he tries to connect a game I started.

We've checked everything. We have the same version, (1.07) and so on. And we can join other games without problem.

we can't even find the game eaither one of us creates in the available games list...

If anyone knows how to solve this, I'll really appreciate this. I've tried finding the solution on my own, but I can't find squat that's of any help.

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

maybe a firewall, try disabling it for a little bit and try

3. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Definitely the firewall. I remember having this problem when trying to play my friend in Warcraft 3. Turn off the Firewall and you're good to go.

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Even still, Halo PC is so ridiculously in need of a patch its not even funny. The system is like a vast chunk of swiss cheese. Way to many errors and other holes in the system. Cue hole innuendos.
    DN