Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think all 3 members of the Shield are going to do well. Even if Reigns isn't the most phenomenal wrestler in the world, he's still better than a lot of other big men- Ryback and The Great Khali to name 2...he's at least on par with Kevin Nash, but probably better than that, given time.

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    In fairness anyone who can bend at the knees is a step above Khali.

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Oh I agree with that completely, Reigns isn't *bad* at all he just needs more time to develop. If anything he will be like a Nash or Batista, a big guy main eventer who can put on great matches. But for now, he's in good company and hopefully learns from two guys who have already been used for main events all over the indy circuits.

4. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Almost as if you sense a disquieting metamorphosis

I thought Bryan's promo was really good, I guess it went a little downhill when Wade Barrett came out and they had that stupid barber chair.

I don't know about anyone else, but I LOVED the entire segment with Punk/Axel/Brock/Heyman. Good match, believable heated animosity between Punk and Heyman, everyone came out of that segment looking very good.

And I'm really rooting for Joe Hennig to get over. His dad is my 2nd favorite wrestler ever, and I get a rush every time I hear the parts of Mr. Perfect's theme in Curtis Axel's music. He's good in the ring, he just can't do a good promo right now. He was stuck with that moronic Mike McGillicutty name too long, and now he's been given his shot at the big time. I truly hope he doesn't blow it.

5. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Reigns totally looks like a WWE factory product and comes across as menacing without actually doing anything. Remember how Sid used to be over in late WCW for just turning up and wrecking shit? I can see Reigns being that guy post-Shield, but with somewhat better wrestling and promos that make sense.

I see that Sheamus is out for 4 to 6 months for shoulder surgery. Obviously don't wish injury on anyone, but being off TV for a while will do him good IMO and that's allot of airtime going spare for other people in the meantime.

6. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

It worked for Stone Cold.

7. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I think this will be a good thing for him in the long term, especially if he comes back closer to his heel character. I do get a kick out of some of his comedy, but I do miss the more brutal version of the character.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly Kane can shift gears as a character and make it work. I'm really looking forward to the match with Bray Wyatt, though with a See No Evil sequel on the way it seems like he could be written on TV for a while.

8. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

True, but Stone Cold actually had a personality. Ambrose is just a goon.

9. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

That's not very nice; that comment barely has a leg to stand on (much like Khali).

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - YouTube

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Also Stone Cold hasn't spent a good half his TV time running away from fights. Or cutting irritating promos that make no sense. DURR JUSTICE RANDOM TARGETS HURR.

I have not missed these guys on TV at all. Maybe Seth and Roman, but never Ambrose in a million years.

11. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    I think ambrose comes across as a suitably sleazy heel..... I like his selling, his movement, and he can even look underhanded and menacing even in cowardice.

Hey its horses for courses. One mans trash is anothers gold etc etc.

Though maybe a little optimistic, I see a little of Jake in ambrose......

*waits to be hung drawn and quartered*

12. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

nothing is wrong with opinions.

It's when it's when people add the don't know such and such because you don't like so and so or his gimmick or what have you.

anyway

I didn't miss the Shield, but i don't hate them. I see potential but i also see another group destined to break up like the predictable wrestling formula calls for so i can't get too interested in them.

13. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
  14. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

15. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Kane is awesome, he can do pretty much anything and it makes total sense to the audience because of his history and how well he sells the most ridiculous things as being ordinary to his character. Plus how many other people have managed to work a bonkers WWF-style gimmick full time for 15 years with so little adjustment needed for changing times?

16. Tenebrouser

This past year was the best in Kane's career. Before then, I never really cared for the character.

17. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    if you read the link i put up i saw where kane might join the wyatt family

18. Tenebrouser

I watched the opening of TNA yesterday...and I never bother with TNA. Wow. Tazz is now playing the role of evil and intimidating announcer?? Bubba Ray Dudley is now a main eventer who gets that much air time???

People can complain about the WWE all they want, but TNA is completely unwatchable to me, regardless of whether there are a few outliers in the organization that are worth checking out. The whole product reminds me of WCW the year right before it went under.

19. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Bubba Ray is actually pretty awesome now. He lost a bunch of weight and became quite the workhorse. That said, TNA blows. Hiring Hogan was the worst thing they could've done and now they see why.

20. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

Best calves in the business.

Chris Sabin’s certainly not the best promo in the business – “Bully, you are so full of crap your eyes are brown and your breath smells like faeces.” Hells bells even Cena would say no to the writing team if they gave him material that bad.

Interesting to see some Ambrose hate. I don’t hate him … I just don’t get him. Intense, flaky, unhinged heel, he’s really not growing on me – but then again it took me a long time to appreciate just how good Sandow is. I like the other two guys in the Shield more and I’d be surprised if they don’t have better WWE careers than Ambrose.

Speaking of not getting … The Wyatt Family. I don’t see why this 90’s horror garbage gets a free pass when everyone is down on Johnny Curtis’ gimmick. Maybe it's just me but I'm really not a fan of the gimmick, seems badly out of place with the current WWE product.