Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Yes and No. He got really injured before being released. Returned/Re-Signed as the "Enforcer" for Regal on NXT. Had a few NXT matches, won the title, and was storyline injured to explain him not being champ on the first episode of "NXT 2.0" - where they used a multi-man title match to introduce and spotlight "Bron Breaker"

2. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

The way I understood it, he was cleared by NXT protocols but not WWE main. When they changed NXT to match Smackdown and Raw rules he wasn't cleared anymore

3. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

Fun Fact!
    NXT's Toxic Attraction stable member Gigi Dolin (orange hair chick) was married to Darby Allin but have been divorced since last year iirc.
    giphy (1).gif

4. solarstorm

She’s also the one who pulled/used a bloody tampon against her opponent at some indie shows.

5. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

Hahahah I had to read your post twice:D . Yea I do remember something like that but didn't know it was her. Didn't she eat it or put it in her mouth!? *BaRF.*

6. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Takeover WarGames results so far

Women’s WarGames Match: Team Raquel defeated Team Toxic Attraction

NXT Tag Team Championship Match: IMPERIUM retains against Kyle O’Reilly/Von Wagner

Hair VS Hair Match: Cameron Grimes defeated Duke Hudson

7. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Roderick Strong retained the NXT Cruiserweight Title against Joe Gacy.

8. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I always enjoyed this type of match. Can't wait until Tuesday. :lol 

9. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

10. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Men’s WarGames Match: NXT 2.0 (Vince) defeated Old-School NXT (Triple H).

NXT is truly dead

11. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    According to reports Gargano’s final NXT appearance is Tuesday. With his contract set to run out on the 10th, I hope he doesn’t resign and we see him (AND O’Reilly) next Wednesday on AEW Dynamite.

12. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah they did. must have been too much wangman feedback :lol 

13. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Dude, I want AEW to succeed I really do…. But they can’t be home to EVERY wwe/nxt wrestler out of contract. At that point it just starts to become WCW 2.0

and we know how that ended.

• Like Like x 1
  14. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

In my opinion, there are only a few slots really left that AEW can fill with EX-WWE wrestlers so they need to be very selective on who they approach. Do i want to see Gargano go to AEW........yes. Would I love to see O'Reilly land there..........yes. But, that roster is already getting a bit bloated and I don't think it needs anymore WWE guys for the time being. I do think that there are some guys on that AEW roster that are much more suited for a WWE style system. Brian Cage being one of them. The guy is huge, fits the mold of what WWE likes and is super athletic and talented. He could be a big star for them, where as in AEW he is kind of lost in the shuffle and doesn't really fit into the AEW aesthetic to an extent. I just hope that AEW doesn't fall into the same issue that WWE did and starts hoarding talent "just cause".

• Like Like x 1
  15. solarstorm

A few years ago, NXT and the main roster hoarded all of the best talent from the indies and other promotions and si used to refer to it (esp NXT) as the “indie Super Bowl” - and they were doing better shows, back then too before squandering it with poor booking and releases.

AEW had buzz, and it’s gone up and down because of a lack of star power. While people are getting invested in Darby, MJF, etc… there’s a lot of guys they tried to make and failed at generating interest with. AEW had its most consistent weeks of strong viewership with Cole/Punk/Bryan debuting - but then had Pink fighting jobbers and Cole being saddled in an overstretched and lame feud between Christian/Jurassic Express and the Elite.

There’s a proper balance to be found, but it isn’t clear. AEWs large roster works best when it’s rotating, like old school NXT. We used to see our favorite wrestlers once every 3 weeks on NXT because the show was short and the roster was large enough. AEW was like that for a while, but now put the same big names on every show. If you space things out and rotate, you can have a massive roster that feels well used. It’s just not happening as much as it used to.

I’ve criticized this a few times, lately, but AEW is borrowing too many ideas from WWE as they grow… which is sad because we like AEW for NOT being WWE. Still my preferred show, but I’m not going to blindly praise everything they do.

• Like Like x 2
  16. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

Totally agree with what your saying. What was one of the big draws of AEW in the beginning for me as well. It felt like you didn't get the same people every week. I do hope they can get back on track because with the talent pool they have right now they should be golden. But you can see them falling into the trap of stretching feuds too long and having some of your top stars in feuds that are a bit useless. Hopefully all that "creative freedom" everyone raves about for AEW is not giving way to people just doing what ever they feel necessary without oversight. Its still my promotion of choice to watch right now as well, and I have confidence they can get themselves back into the Million+ ratings again soon.

17. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    rampage will eventually have to grow to a 2 hr show as well. I think there is still room for more talent but it just depends on how big aew wants to grow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

I know you’re talking about AEW, but in watching some of the golden era WWF on the network, I think this is one of the biggest differences between WWE then and now.

Although most of the matches were against jobbers, each old episode of shows like Superstars only featured a handful of their total roster. Some who were not shown wrestling would have short promo segments, or be shown in recaps. Nowadays there’s just too much TV time to fill, so the top wrestlers are on the show every single week, while somehow the midcarders sometimes still can’t get any airtime.

19. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Got to agree that there is too much WWE booking seeping in, the whole Cody/Andrade/Pac/Black/FTR/Lucha thing is interminable and I don't want to watch it anymore despite liking all of the guys involved.

I think it would help with talent exposure if they did a better job with the YouTube shows as well. Dark has turned into a mix of early Haitch NXT and the old Saturday morning WCW shows since they've started taping it in the old Impact Zone and there would probably be a bigger audience for that if they were advertising that fact on TV and doing more angle booking on it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

I could see Rampage eventually going to 2 hours after the jump to TBS in January. I wouldnt be mad at that if it gives some of the other talent and more of the womens division some real time to shine. There are some really great young talent on that roster. Ricky Starks, Daniel Garcia, Wheeler Yuta, Lee Moriarty, 2.0, Bear Country, to name a few. And some of those guys have had a few moments or are very prominent on Dark but not everyone goes to Youtube for their wrestling. Giving an extra hour to allow some of these other people to shine could do wonders for AEW to create a really good crop of homegrown stars and allow them to really find their characters. Or start a rotating roster through both shows.

As stated before it would give the prominent feuds time to breathe and allow for some more to develop, that allows for you to not necessarily end every angle at a PPV. You only have to end some and allow others to take over while you figure what to do with the folks who just ended one.

I think the majority of AEW supporters are thinking along the same lines of where they feel the company needs to improve, at least in this thread it seems that way.

• Like Like x 1