Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The Tanahashi/Archer match has been announced for the US NJPW show next month, so I don't think it was just a coincidence or more cross promotion that Mox was dropping Tana's name later on Dynamite. Would be nuts if he can stay for a couple of weeks and make the AEW First Dance show in Chicago. Going to be impossible to get a main event to be the real headline of that show if Punk shows up there, but Mox vs Tana would be pretty awesome and hot for that crowd if NJPW are willing to let it happen on AEW's turf.

I'm starting to get the impression that Jericho is finally winding down now, Gage and now Juventud seems like he's checking off stuff he wants to do before going part time or retiring as a worker. Plus with Punk and Bryan likely coming in, he doesn't have to be the big established name to draw in lapsed fans anymore.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    I know - yet the WWE marks still slag Jericho off, 'he's old/fat/insert insult as necessary'

He's been fantastic and very unselfish in AEW, and if he is winding down, he's actually moving aside to allow the younger talent to shine. I think he's been great for them, and has genuinely helped elevate the brand. He could have gone back to Vince for some easier money, but didn't and I commend him for that.

• Like Like x 4
  3. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

Agreed, you are seeing Jericho do things that he doesn't honestly have to do at this point in his career. BUT, he really understands "What's best for business", and being willing to go to those lengths , like letting Nick Gage mutilate him just to give the guy some exposure are the things that will eventually cement his legacy as the G.O.A.T. Its not just about the matches you have had that makes you great, its also what you have done for the business and industry as well. And Jericho has done one hell of a job helping to elevate AEW to a true and legit option for wrestling fans to watch. Truth be told, my wrestling consumption has reduced dramatically in the past few years. Before it was ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. But now i rarely watch WWE, mainly because the majority of the stories are trash minus a few bright spots. Ive gotten into Impact, which is getting better by the month. AEW of course, and I still follow NJPW as well. All in all its a great time to be a wrestling fan, there are options for everyone out there to consume. So to quote the great Bryan Zane " Like what you like, Don't be a Dick"

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

I still can't get over how Jericho had to put Fandango over at WM.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who wants punk to debut back under 'this fire'?

Nothing against cult of personality but I am a huge killswitch fan and having his old more aggressive theme back would be amazing for an intro.

guess we will probably see what happens in a few weeks as we near september :D 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Uniclonus

Uniclonus Well-Known Member

While this Labors of Jericho business could very well be Jericho hanging it up, it's just as possible it's to setup him being off TV for a while so he can do stuff with Fozzy and come back later, either full time or in a part time attraction role.
    I suppose the big clue will be if one of his opponents after Juvi turns out to be Lance Storm. I know at least one of them, and possibly both, have said they wanted their last match to be against each other. I could see Jericho having the Storm match and then putting MJF over on the way out.

I'm still a bit shocked by the Dark Order vs Elite result. I was not expecting Hangman and co to lose. I know they've got like 5 weeks still before All Out to setup either Hangman's title shot or a different No 1 contender but I'm not really seeing how they get there at this moment. But since AEW has shown an ability to plan longterm and turn around acts/decisions that didn't work, I'm going to wait and see how this all plays out.
    The only thing I'm iffy about is the speculated possibility that they changed course on Hangman/Omega as a result of Punk and/or Danielson coming in, either so Hangman's win isn't overshadowed by a debut or to hotshot a title match with Omega. AEW generally doesn't rush new signees into title matches, but it's not everyday they sign someone on the level of Punk or Danielson.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the hangman & co loss was just to build that long term storytelling. hangman is getting built to be the hero that finally brings down the elite, and the match clearly told the tale that the elite have to cheat to win against a clean face group.

I firmly believe that loss was just to build the tale of the tape and have some epic montage when the match finally goes down.

and in typical aew fashion it will probably be some kind of 'you're fired' match where it goes down, where hangman has to either get the belt or quit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

Hangman and the Dark Orders loss is totally a story building point. Unlike WWE, AEW wont crap on the fans by never giving Hangman his due. And what a great story it would be if his Dark Order buddies manage to win the Tag Titles too. The story really writes itself. A testament to another fact that there is a place for Long Term storytelling in Wrestling if done correctly. And I have no doubt that Punk is showing up in Chicago after last nights Dynamite. That place is going to absolutely melt when he walks out on that stage. I just hope that if he shows up, the "CM Punk" chants only last as long as he is out there and doesn't hijack the show.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a rumor that former illconics Peyton Royce and Billie Kay is going to the AEW to be part of Britt Baker's stable as body guards. I hope it is true.

• Like Like x 2
  10. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    This was my exact thoughts after the match. I know how those feuds go and there’s absolutely NO WAY it’s done, not by a longshot. I’m sure we’ll be seeing Hangman/Dark Order get retribution after getting cheated like that and get their respective title shots in the near future.

Saw that on Facebook. Me having never liked the ex-IIconics while they were in WWE due to them being heels it makes perfect sense for them to form a heel stable with THE top female heel in AEW.

11. andrewja

andrewja Well-Known? Member

YOU'VE GOTTA BE JOKING ME

• Like Like x 1
  12. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    No joke. Never liked them while they were on the main roster.

When they won the Women’s Tag Titles at WM35 I went NUCLEAR

• Like Like x 2
  13. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ** bLaH-BLAAh-BlaHH-BLAAaAAH!.!!! **

I really hope this isn't true but word goin around is Brock has signed with AEW. I'm all up for AEW signing some former underutilized WWE stars but not a Lesnar type of star where IMHO doesnt give anything back to the younger talent and most his matches are boring. I know Lesnar is a draw but he's slightly starting to feel like an Oldberg return.

Maybe this is what AEW meant by having an even bigger star than Bryan/Punk. Fingers crossed this is just click bait that I read lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    From what I’ve read those rumors have been debunked; Brock hasn’t had any talks with AEW at all as of late (see link below). Plus, I’m still sure that with WWE touring again Vince will be trying like hell to get Brock back

Extent Of Brock Lesnar's Talks With AEW

17. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  18. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  19. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

AEW sold 10k tickets for their one hour Rampage Show at Chicago’s United Center solely from them hinting, on Wednesday, that Punk was debuting there.

Punks a major draw in his hometown, but damn.

• Like Like x 3
  20. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Mia Yim’s been moved back to RAW, most likely since Keith Lee is back and they’re engaged.