Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Cena is the WWE's best young guy right now. It'll be a good while before he drops the title. That's OK by me. Last night's Raw was pretty good, but I missed the last match (always do - have to leave to get roommates to work by 11p) so I missed Cena's submission manuever. Anybody know where a pic of this manuever could be seen, or what it's comparable to? My girlfriend couldn't really describe it.
    EDIT: Looks like a modified chokehold, and an existing manuever, at that:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_wrestling_holds#STF

Dude! There's a warrant out for Ric Flair!
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/warrantflair

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked Cena alot better when he was a heel. Also lately I've been enjoying TNA's product alot more than any WWE Programming.

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

If he did get a push, I bet his post-career rap album would have been allot better then Randys.

4. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Was anyone else disappointed with Cena's appearance on MadTV? I saw the Smackdown special also. What the heck? They killed the Eddie Guerrero dedication match so they could push the Orton-Taker feud???

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

At least Lanny could, you know, speak coherently and stuff.

6. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

News Credits:

I suppose... (ok, for obvious reasons <cough, ...user id> I would disagree), but I'll give an "unbiased" reason to excuse those actions.

This Survivor Series marked the 15th anniversary of the Undertaker character. He debuted at Survivor Series and dominated a match, so it was only fitting to have him come in and decimate a few wrestlers. That probably was not the writers' idea in doing that, but if it was, it was a fitting return (though, they could have done something much better).

Now, to Sonscreen...
    I'm with you in regards to Cena's MadTV appearance, but I blame MadTV for that. I doubt Cena had much say over his role and the script. IMO, MadTV isn't the great show it used to be. At this point, I'll only watch if they have a special guest worth watching.

Now, for my general question:
    Thoughts on the Boogeyman? We've now seen him do something in the ring (at Survivor Series). I know he didn't debut months ago as planned due to injury, but I'm guessing he's cleared to wrestle now. I don't know about his background, so I'm curious to see if this guy can produce in the ring.

7. gil

gil Godmaster

Cena did the STF. It was funny, because Masters didn't know how to sell the move. He looked more surprised then hurt while he's being choked.

(EDIT: well, it's good to click on the links before posting. STF....yeah, no shit :banghead:  )

8. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who was ticked about the Tuesday night special. It left a really bad taste in my mouth. I can deal with run-ins. I can deal with the Undertaker saving the day. I couldn't deal with the Randy Orton stupidity.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I like Orton. I'm glad the Undertaker is working to help push him. (That's what separates Taker from goofs like Hogan - willingness to work with the kids and help get them over.) But after all the Guerrero references, for Rey not to win at the end and all the stuff done with the lowrider...well, like I said, bad taste in my mouth. Vince & the other writers should be ashamed, and ReyRey should have refused to do any of that crap. It was disrespectful and stupid. I don't mind Rey and Chavo getting a push out of Guerrero's passing - I think it's what Eddie would have wanted, and they deserve it - but not like that. Not like that.

9. Night Shift

Night Shift Seeking Destiny

Has anyone been to WWE.com? They have a list up saying different people who might get the GM-dom for Raw. Didn't they say that, if Bischoff failed, that Shane was gonna end up being the GM?

Oh, and guess whats coming back, my fellow children of the 80s? Saturday Night's Main Event!!!

10. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The fiery crash with the Undertaker was pretty intense. They must of had to do some major editing to make it look as bad as it did.

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    macho man randy savage for teh double-yoo! (gesticulating hands)

12. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Bah, the Excellence of Execution is where it's at.

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    elizabeth!

14. Night Shift

Night Shift Seeking Destiny

Did anyone catch Smackdown last night? I was busy making dinner for my GF, and wasn't able to catch it.

15. McBradders

I wish they'd shelve all this crap and simply just go back to entertaining characters. Tito Santana didn't need some rubbish gimmick! He was Mexican and a wrestler, from there it wrote itself.

Superfly Snuka needs to make a comeback too.

16. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Tito DID have a gimmick. There were video packages shown of him going to Mexico to learn to fight bulls to improve his wrestling, and then he came back to WWF as "El Matador" Tito Santana.

17. McBradders

Holy fucking shit, I remember that Bullcrap ( :lol  ), see, wrestling was so much better back then.

Pipers Pit... awesome.

18. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Everything in wrestling was better back in the day. EVERYTHING, except for Virgil, he is the exception that proves the rule.

19. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow...haven't kept up with WWE at all lately, but I've always liked it when they threw caution into the wind and let Undertaker do the "I'm a frigging undead monster now you DIE" thing. Now I wanna find a clip of him coming out of the exploding casket or whatever.

20. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Undertaker was like that last night to Randy Orton. He said he would kill him over the loudspeaker. Meanwhile Randy Orton is running around the whole arena like a chicken with his head cut off. It was hilarious. It was the only part of the show that I didn't fast-forward through. :redface2: