Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Great Dynamite. It really feels like AEW are starting to get a feel for what works and what doesnt.

From Jake the Snake's promo to the Death Triangle to that great beatdown at the end.

And since they had so many other good ideas, we didnt even get the Exalted One yet. Harper, Hardy, and Lance Archer are all ready to debut any time and while I expected at least one debut, the show carried strong without it

Personally, I'm thinking Lance Archer is Jake's protege. Hardy wouldnt fit and Luke Harper/Brodie Lee doesnt feel like a good fit for Jake. That said, I half expected Jake to be the Exalted One of the Dark Order, calling back to how he was one of the people in contention to be the "higher power " of the Ministry (Jake wasnt clean and Vince felt that Chris Daniel's was "too small")

2. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't Lance Archer suppose to debut on Dynamite?

3. solarstorm

That's partially why I pictured him being Jake's unnamed protege. Seemed to sync up really well

4. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I prefer Brodie Lee over Lance Archer. I hope it's Brodie Lee!!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Ambrose got WRECKED

6. shumworld

I just finished watching this video, I felt a need to share it on this board. I enjoyed it so much merely for the fact Cody and the Bucks talk like a bunch of buddies chilling with us. The stories they had on how big of a wrestling nerd Tony Khan is made me smile and I love it. It's an hour-long, but it was so much fun hearing about their thoughts about AEW.

Also, the QnA part of the panel had some interesting nuggets of info. Like the possible AEW video game that might use the famed Aki-Engine.

7. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Asuka goes manga shopping.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    harper would be amazing for jake to manage. he never had much mic time in wwe so even if his mic skills are trash, jake can very clearly carry him.

how fucking sick would that be if jake the fucking snake roberts becomes aews paul heyman? that was a heyman promo last night and he owned every second of it!

• Like Like x 3
  9. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Yo, Ding Dong man. Ding Dong. Ding Dong, yo.

I'm going to need to look up some video of Jake on AEW. I'm glad to hear he did well; I was almost afraid we'd have another incident like when he stuck his snake through his legs and stroked it. (Yes, I know he's supposed to be clean now, but the same was said of Jeff Hardy many, many times...)

Wait, WHAT?
    If an AEW game uses that engine, they can take my money now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

I would agree that Brodie would be a good person for Jake to manage. Archer doesn’t need a hype man. That dude is intense enough on his own. I really enjoy the way AEW uses their “Legends”. Using them to help cultivate the younger newer generation. Mentors to them. To me in the universe of wrestling that makes more sense then just having them come out. Parade around and pose.

• Like Like x 4
  11. solarstorm

Curious as to where the thing about searching the world.for shawn spears' tag team partner is going to go. Hire an unknown, ala tough enough? Use it as an excuse to bring in another foreign talent?

Or is this a stealthy way to bring in Tessa Blanchard, who regularly wrestles men on the indies and is Tully's daughter? They go through countless people who want to be the tag partner, but fail, until Tully brings his daughter and they win. Linda like American Alpha coming together

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Was coming in to post this, it's great that the old guys there are still actual characters with motivation and progression instead of just a flanderized version of what they were in their prime that just turns up for a nostalgia pop.

Last time Jake appeared on WWE he was an old dude with a snake in a bag coming out to remind you about that time 35 years ago when it bit somebody. Here he's the dude that people though they didn't have to be scared of anymore because of his problems and recovery, but turns out he's still a very bad man and wants to make up for lost time by tearing down the guy that everybody loves.

13. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  14. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Yo, Ding Dong man. Ding Dong. Ding Dong, yo.

Apparently Lars Sullivan is ready to return from his injury. Which raises the question, does anybody care?
    I’ve read that WWE may not even bother doing anything with him. Too much baggage, not enough upside.

Nia Jax is another name ready to return. I can definitely see her taking out one of the EC participants and replacing them, only to put Baszler over like a badass.

15. shumworld

Hail mighty Caeser!

• Like Like x 2
  16. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  17. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO YF-21 Enthusiast;)

That.was.FN.GREAT!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

"A wise man once told me never ever turn your back on someone you respect or are afraid of." **Turns his back and walks away.** Outside of his substance abuse, I've heard many negative things about Jake Roberts in general. None of that takes away from his mic skills. He put all of the roster to shame with that one.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  19. shumworld

The cool thing about this segment is it's coming from a Jake Robert who is cleaned up.

• Like Like x 2
  20. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO YF-21 Enthusiast;)

Anyone know if Dusty and Jake ever crossed paths in WWF or WCW before? The only thing I remember about Jake's WCW run was against Sting and the "Spin the Wheel make the Deal" match off the top of my head.