Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Read a report from Alvarez that Punk did meet with Tony Kahn and turned down a big money offer from AEW. I think this is a strong indication he wants a decent payday but has no intention of wrestling. Fox would be his main option and could get him a HOF payday and career closure.

2. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Watching NXT....what's with Isaiah SWERVE Scott...as in what the hell is the meaning of swerve? I dont get it.

3. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

Swerve is like Gears, only way cooler.

An Urban Dictionary entry from 2014 defines it as slang for "get out of my way". So maybe an implication to make way for the next big thing?

4. parrothead

parrothead Well-Known Member

They shouldve gone old school and flashed his taped fists on the Titantron for like weeks, then bring him back to Miseria Cantare after building anticipation.

5. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

He doesn't work for WWE, it was more than likely Fox making that call.. and they made the right one for their network.

6. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Swerve was his indy name. Theyre including it for recognition purposes

If you remember, when Ricochet first debuted on NXT, they called him Trevor 'Ricochet' Mann.

Which is weird sounding, because Ricochet Man sounds like something Megaman would fight at the end of the stage

• Like Like x 1
  7. solarstorm

Wasnt a huge fan of Dynamite, tonight. Felt like the first 'meh' show. Sad too, because I loved the PPV and thought the TV in the leadup was great. Tonight seems to be filler/a transition.

The Jurassic Match against Dark order had some bad botches, especially the missed Swanton that was still sold and how everyone lined up, stood still, and got knocked over by a Luchasaurus roundhouse kick that missed the group by several inches.

The squash matches were poor showcases of talent. Ambrose didnt do much and even did a sloppy version of the finisher hes been doing for years. The back to back big girl squashes were just as bad.

The Darby vs Librarian vs Spears match was random as hell. They didnt really do much to set up the WHY of Spears and Janella. Nevermind no Bucks or Omega

8. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont remember that, and yes I do realize it was his indy name. It just sounds terrible especially since it's a term in the business

9. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I figure a lot of people here watch ups & downs already, but Im pretty on par with simon in terms of my opinions this week. More good than bad, but just a few awkward moments.

but luchasaurus and mjf promo sold the show imo

10. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Gone for some milk

News Credits:
    Aew was shit last night. Only good part was MJF/Jericho promo.

• Like Like x 1
  11. solarstorm

It stopped like 2-3 weeks in. It was as shitty as "Viking Experience"

12. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

Hey folks! Have you guys seen this? It's pretty hilarious especially if you know these Comedians. Lol Enjoy:) 

13. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

Does anyone know if Gargano's out for awhile? Kinda confused by the recent NXT booking regarding War Games.

Sucks for Mia Yim. She was leaking all over the mat :( 

14. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

15. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Speaking of Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania... I wonder if Rhonda will show up and point out how Becky's win was a bit shady since Rhonda's shoulders were not completely down in their match.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those of you with Netflix, the newest season of the Toys that made us is up and the wrestling toys episode is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Uniclonus

Uniclonus Well-Known Member

Vince doesn't expect people to remember what happened 2 week ago, I doubt he'd bother with something from 7 months ago at this point.
    Also complaining about an iffy win is something to do immediately after not this far after the fact. Don't even need to do it. If Rhonda is going to show up again, all she has to do is jump Becky, lay a beatdown, grab the mic and say she wants her belt back. That's it.

18. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Wrestlers who seem to have celebrity status outside of wrestling seem to get special treatment that would include long term booking. Like the Rock and Rhonda. So I'd like to believe that the issue from 2019's Wrestlemania will be brought up.

19. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Watched DDT Ultimate Party over the weekend and its was possibly the maddest wrestling show I've ever watched.

There was a mixed mini royal rumble that also featured a chair, the doll from that well known Kenny match and a mascot as competitors. One of the ladies has Old MacDonald as her entrance theme and there was an old dude that sang live as he participated in the match.

Two dudes wrestled a match with the ring mat covered in plastic storage boxes that were shattering all over the place.

A masked dude gave a PowerPoint presentation before his tag match and there was a slide which I think was about Drew Gulak stealing his gimmick.

There was a hardcore match where they used Lego for spots where you'd normal see tacks, which probably actually hurt allot more. It ended when a dude did a crossface on top of two tables balanced across the top of 4 ladders.

If any of the gaming folks remembers that somewhat controversial DOA6 conference from a while ago, one of the titty models from that cut a promo and was on commentary for part of the show.

I'm not sure if Maki Itoh and Saki Akai are good workers as their tag partners did most of the work in their matches, but damn are they good at the character work.

After all that, the two main title matches were really good with no crazy. Yuka Sakazaki and Shoko Nakajima delivered in spades and the men's title match was good as well.

Kenny and Riho vs Honda and Miyu was allot of fun as well. No sure if it was actually supposed to be meta or not, but I cracked up at a comedy spot around Honda not wanting to do a suicide dive when everybody was expecting it.

Anyway, it's certainly not a product for people that don't like comedy wrestling but I enjoyed the shit out of it.

20. solarstorm

Is Zack Ryder in it. I feel like you cant do a doc on wrestling toys without him