Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. gil

gil Godmaster

I read they did that last minute. If HHH and Roman was the last two, HHH would be cheered for throwing out Roman. Although he did get cheered for exactly doing that, with Dean being the last guy HHH threw out, HHH gets some heat back.

2. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So I take it that the WWE threw a curve ball in this years Rumble. From what I read theres a lot of praises. Far from the train wreck that a lot was predicting.

3. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah, it was surprisingly good and pretty much everything was booked rather well.

gonna actually pay a little attention to raw tonight. HHH may be an attention whore but the dude can carry a mic and it should make for at least an interesting opener for the night.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    Also, I've been wanting it to happen since CM Punk left, but can you imagine if Cult of Personality hit last night and Sandow came out as CM Sandow? That would've been amazing!

5. gil

gil Godmaster

Idk, I think the crowd would turn on Sandow for that.

6. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

At this point, WWE isn't even going to acknowledge that CM Punk existed, homage or not.

7. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

The boat sailed on that when they had that PPV in Chicago and Sandow was still the heel doing the impersonations at that point, they could have got that man enough heat to melt a car that night! But before I trail off in to WWE hate..

Can't bloody wait for Wednesday!! It's killing me to see what they make of Justin Gabriel, what the reign of terror of Mil Meurtes and the Disciples of Death will bring! How is Vampiro going to explain somethings.. Are we finally going to get to see Cueto's insane brother? Aerostar with that wicked Ironman looking gear, so many things to look forward to in Lucha Underground!

And that, I mean he already got the sticky note treatment in that poster in an office during a previous WM 30 documentary, and left off Undertakers WM victory video packages, along with some Ladder matches.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  8. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    i read on these wrestling rumor sites on facebook sometime we are to see sister abaigail

9. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I know.. that is one of the WORST character decisions they will ever make with Wyatt. It enrages me to think of how STUPID an idea that is! I'm not sure why it still gets under my skin.. they've already pretty well ruined anything that made him special, but damn, I mean really, did they turn the URN into a living being? Sister Abigail should NEVER be anything but what torments Wyatt's mind..

They could, I don't know, do a creative, but vague elaboration on the genesis of what she was.. Was there an accidental death he felt guilty for? A second personality in his head perhaps? Was there a tormentor he snapped on? Something, ANYTHING, other than destroying anymore of the mystique behind the character!!

10. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Enjoyed the show, undercard was all good and Rumble match was really enjoyable.

Loved that Sandow's entrance got a standing ovation on the preshow, proof that you can never totally kill somebody so entertaining regardless of how much you ignore or bury them. Heel New Day and their trumpet being more over then the Usos was gold as well.

Dat Sasha pop. I know that asking WWE to not fuck things up is like asking grass to not be green, but good gawd please don't waste her.

Rumble highlights -

Crowd giving zero fucks about the Roman beatdown, although I did feel sorry for Rusev doing that spot and getting no reaction because of it.

Strowman chucking out Big show almost immediately, hopefully that can be the end of OMG ITS THE BIG SHOW BIGGEST THREAT shit we get every year.

Brock's awesome Tiger Knees on Strowman.

Jericho going the distance, but spending most of it on the floor looking like he coulden't stand up anymore.

Haitch's ridiculous suck its after eliminating Roman, self aware HHH is best HHH.

LOL at the director missing both Styles coming through the curtain and Kofi's elimination because we totally needed to see more of Reigns instead.

11. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I absolutely love that Sasha beat down both Becky and Charlotte. Sasha's not a heel or a face; she's a Boss.

(Reminds me of Austin: "Put me in the ring with a so-called 'bad guy' and they'll cheer me. Put me in the ring with a so-called 'good guy' and they'll boo me. It doesn't make a damn difference to me.")

The Roman beatdown was a huge eyeroll for me. It was obvious that it existed solely to give Roman a coffee break.

Notice that they again started messing with the crowd noise to little effect. HHH is going to have his work cut out for him tonight to get the crowd to turn on him. Heyman's the absolute best promo guy hands down and he got maybe half the crowd last year.

I really don't get what they were doing with Styles there. It seems that the audience got the reveal via his Titantron video but they decided for some reason not to show it on television. The missed elimination is almost an unintentional call back to the old days. They constantly missed eliminations in the early 90's.

I have absolutely no interest in the current title match at Wrestlemania. And I hate to say it, but with the rumored Cena/Taker match on the shelf, they may have to push Lesnar/Taker:Redemption up to this year and have Taker retire against Cena. (I'm pretty sure the reverse was the plan with Taker retiring by finally getting the pinfall on Lesnar.)

12. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The opening of Styles music really sounded like Brother Love's music. I couldnt figure out why brother love was in the rumble

13. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    aj beat chris

14. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Are we really supposed to be impressed when Owens beats Ziggler? He's done it about 75 times already! And who actually thought Jericho was going to win?

Honestly?

15. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Rock makin Big Show cry.. what a douche!
    :lol 

16. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh dear god....

The crowd is chanting "Llama penis"....

17. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

I'm shocked the Hollywood insurance suits let Rock do that much in the ring.

18. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

19. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Is it me or were those 4 marks who were dressed up at ringside originally on the camera side then moved to the opposite side when Rock had his in ring segment?

20. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Wouldn't surprise me. If you remember, a few months ago there was that controversy about a large group of fans who came dressed up and WWE forced them to change seats because they were "distracting from the action in the ring." At some point they were ejected, maybe that was because they refused to change seats?