Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Runnin' like a constipated wiener dog

Mick Foley has called for August 3rd to be Damian Sandow Day. That's awesome.
    Sandow seemed very humbled by the appreciation, too.

3. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
  4. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

5. Darkstream

Darkstream Banned

Lately as I am watching Raw and Smackdown, this got me wondering, I am sorry if this off-topic, but who would win in a 3-man tag team match The Wyatt Family vs Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H

6. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

No group would ever beat a stable of main eventers.

The Wyatts should grow into a bigger faction and become a ministry-style threat IMO

7. Darkstream

Darkstream Banned

Are we witnessing the rebirth of the as Attitude Era?

8. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They need something large scale like that again. Similar to NWO, but with enough planning ahead of time where you could successfully write a face faction to rise up amidst the chaos and struggle to fight them but be victorious in the end.

Very similar to NWO, but crafted properly so the heel faction looked dominant at first, but then you would see the chink in the armor after time as the faces would rise up. Would be a huge springboard for new faces like neville, zayn or balor to really rise to the top and become the new leaders for the WWE, while we would also get some huge development and title runs from people like wyatt, owens, and (how in gods name has vince not seen the potential yet) CESARO.

We need a war like this. These piddly little 2 week feuds to a ppv and then nothing have gone on too long. A well crafted war arc is needed in the near future.

9. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    won't last long

10. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

No, if the WWE is to big of a pansy to run with stories creating themselves for them, do you really think they will come up with something worthwhile on their own?

Damn, I want it all to be good again...........

11. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

12. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Runnin' like a constipated wiener dog

I would actually prefer NOT having another Attitude Era. It was great for the time and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I'd rather see a NEW era as opposed to a rehashed era.

For the first time in a while I'm actually excited about the future of WWE. The influx of new talent, as well as the excellent matches being put on by guys like Cesaro and Owens, have me cautiously optimistic.

13. solarstorm

Absolutely. I really miss factions. Gang warfare makes a lot of sense in the strange might-makes-right pseudo reality of the WWE. Why not band together for results? Why not challenge other gangs for territory/recognition? Plus, it opens the door for more brutality, chaos, etc.. in the ring. Lets have an Authority, Wyatts, New Day, Luchadors (colons, dragons), NXT guys banding together to change the game, multiple Divas, a 'wrecking crew' of big guys-like Mark Henry, the reformed SHIELD, a group of 'legends,' a stable of real wrestlers (NXT had a stable that they used at house shows, called Shoot Nation of all Kurt Angle types - including the entertaining team of Jason Jordan and Chad Gable). I could keep going.

Why is the Divas revolution so hot? Part is the great NXT gals, but part is the fact that they're on TEAMS. There's organization of sorts. There's a desire to see matches you normally wouldn't care about because Tamina vs Alica Fox is moreso TEAM BAD vs Team Bella than it is piss break between two crappy jobbers. There's room for a teammate to be declared the weak link or for the main star to be overshadowed (I'm calling a Paige vs Charlotte feud as their team starts to dissipate - Flair is taking Paige's spotlight).

There's possible defections and what it would do to the even 3,3,3 dynamic. Each new possible callup changes it too. Where's Bayley fall? What would that do to things? Carmella will be there soon because Enzo and Cass are on the verge of debuting (working house shows/dark matches - exiting the title scene on NXT). How does she affect things? Natalya after Kidd can take care of himself?

I wish the WWE did a reboot and announced new rules/structures. Teams or organizations dividing the wrestlers. A ranking system for title shots while still allowing grudge matches to occur, albeit non title. A point system for scoring DQ matches, so someone still gets elevated. Even something as simple as doing title matches every OTHER ppv and having tournament finals for contendership on the off month ppvs.

NXT is on the rise and more and more of the roster is coming from that system. These longer, technical, high spot filled, RoH-style matches are going to become the norm as those guys become the ruling majority. Who cares if this is or isnt the attitude era reborn. Its a time where half the roster is like Punk/Bryan. The WRESTLING talent is the best its ever been - looking at the roster as a whole.

14. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I would be totally on board with having more factions.
    WWE gets funny with long term pairings these days, but why can't we have factions and affiliations that always exist even if they aren't the main focus or if they are fighting their own individual battles sometimes. Instead of random face making the save, it would be nice to see some continuity. It's frustrating how The Shield split up to push Reigns to the top, because if they had remained a faction I don't think the crowd would have rejected him.

15. solarstorm

I dug reigns in the Shield. He wasn't the most skilled guy, but he didn't have to be. He could let the indie guys do the heavy lifting and then deliver some kind of flashy strength showing to end it.Imagine Reigns fighting Lesnar with Seth jumping off of something when the ref was turned or Ambrose setting a table before being removed from ringside. Reigns holes could be filled by guys that could fill them so we could focus on what Reigns does well instead of what he doesnt

16. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    i watched stone cold pod cast HHH we are a reality era

17. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Here is a handy guide anytime anyone wants to ask that question.. If you answer yes to any of these questions your answer is no.

Is Vince alive?
    Is The company still publicly traded?
    Is the "Politically correct" revolution still raging?
    Is there still no viable competition for top spot in the industry?
    Is it still our lifetimes?

Just use those 5 guidelines anytime you're curious about a new Attitude Era

18. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Im sure the SD main event was originally planned as Cesaro/Cena Vs. Rollins/Owens. Kinda weird Ambrose being the replacement since he is in another fued... But at the same time, he did fued Rollins for the World title not too long ago.

19. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

20. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

News Credits:
    If booking would get their shit together.

Wyatt should have gone over on Taker at WM31, I don't care what anyone says. Bray was a tank at the Royal Rumble and that should have carried him in to a title match hunt at Summerslam at the latest. Widen up the Wyatt Family (which they are apparently doing with ex-Adam Rose, and/or allegedly Bo Dallas; bring back Rowan while we are at it. He isn't doing anything), have them run whole ham on the E for the rest of the year, and make them a big time threat like what the Ministry used to be.

It would be a good excuse to make a couple of long-awaited and much-needed face factions and a return of The Shield, which Reigns let slip a month or two ago was going to happen.