Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

No way Cena/Rusev could pull off what Magnum TA and Nikita Koloff did in the 80's.

2. CommanderDARN

CommanderDARN Active Member

cena and rusev did have an excellent match. they have great chemstry

3. gil

gil Godmaster

CM Punk Danial Bryan, Austin Aries, and Samoa Joe, all known for being indy darlings. They deserve being champions on the big stage for all the hard work they did on the little stage.

These former WWE/TNA world champions were all once ROH champions. Then there's this other former ROH champion that went by the name of Tyler Black. Another Indy Darling. But when Seth Rollins burst onto the scene with the Shield, he wasn't looked at as an indy darling like Punk and Bryan. It's this fact that he's making a name for himself as Seth and not the former Black, that makes him different than Punk and Bryan.

4. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

So the now we have the question for the night, will the Rawaftermania deliver as always? Some doors closed last night in a way that left a lot of sour tastes in the mouths of the universe, some a little sweeter, What new doors will open tonight?

He's already signed for 6 more dates this year, Undertaker is "rumored" to be calling him out tonight, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  5. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

With the exception of the Sting/HHH match ending (and then only if that truly is the end of Sting's WWE career), what left a sour taste? All sarcasm aside, most people seem to think it really was a strong card from top to bottom.

6. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Being from the indys or being an internet darling does not mean they deserve everything handed to them. Seth didn't deserve that win anymore than Roman did but no one is whining/crying/booing because
    hey, he was an indy guy.

7. LadyStarscream

That I did not know, very cool. I hope they do something decent with Sting afterall!

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Nah. Punk could atleast win most of his matches by himself, whether he cheated or not.

9. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you honestly truly believe roman is anywhere near the level of promo delivering and in match workmanship that rollins is currently at, I really don't know what to say.

especially after that botched lesnar post smash last night...

10. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

You remember how the other day Heyman cut that promo where he said Reigns was the Right guy in the Right place at the Wrong time? Well I wouldn't exactly think Rollins got that title on any sort of merit over anyone else.. It seems to me anyway he was the A guy in the Right place at the Right time to cover their asses. O(ne could make an argument anyone holding that briefcase could have been in his spot. Granted yes, they would have needed to be at least reasonably popular, but Mizdow could have been in his spot last night and the ending would have been about the same.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  11. LadyStarscream

I don't think Roman is ready but I do like him and think he has been treated unfairly, much like Batista was last year. As for Rollins, he has a big ego and is an all around arrogant jerk. Sure, he has in ring talent but there are hundreds of indy guys with the same level of skill. Not to mention more talented guys in WWE and NXT. Rollins promos are cringeworthy. He is not that good but since he is Triple H's NXT baby he is somehow being pushed to the moon while more deserving guys flounder. Rollins has been shoved down our throats since June but no one complains because he has an indy background and is IWC approved.

12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    The main event pretty much went exactly how I hoped, with Lesnar kicking the crap outta Reigns and Rollins cashing in this MitB contract right as the match came down to the wire. Only thing I didn't imagine was Lesnar busting himself open with that ring post.

Sting vs Triple H was a bad match that was only slightly entertaining because of the nostalgia.

Taker vs Wyatt... I felt genuinely bad for Taker. Just retire already please. You have nothing left to prove. Your legacy is cemented tenfold.

13. CCress

CCress Boy Who Loves Powerglide

That main event was perfect. It's exactly how a wrestling match should end: every participant is more over than before the match began. Roman looks like a beast with the heart of a lion, Lesnar is the unstoppable monolith who wrecked WWE's great hope at defeating him, and Seth is the new Champ and the smartest man in WWE.

So fun.

14. LadyStarscream

Yeah, I see your point and looking at it that way makes me less angry.
    But I can't help thinking about poor Sandow with his briefcase last year
    being destroyed by a one arm Cena.

15. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I figure that if
    1) If Charlotte debuts tonight, expect her to maybe catch Nikki Bella in a similar trap that AJ fell into last year
    2) If there are any other surprise NXT/ new hire debuts, expect them to show up at the Main Event this evening
    3) If Sheamus returns and goes Heel, odds are he'll target either Daniel Bryan or Cena
    4) Expect Rusev to be on a warpath, probably cutting Lana loose for costing him his undefeated streak/ US Title
    5) The Authority will have a major ticker tape celebration, since Triple H beat Sting and Rollins is new WWE World Heavyweight Champion

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

And that, is the crux of the Money in the Bank.. it's not an "opportunity" for jack squat.. It's a plot device. And that's really the only way to look at it. Sandow was given a plot device to a plot that was ending (WHC), nothing good was ever going to come of it, anyone in his position was screwed.

17. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    I think he had a self imploding jizzgasm when Cena won. He'll be back when he comes down from the moon.

I have only just watched it in full but other than the Sting result, I felt it an enjoyable Mania. And, fair play to Cena for adding a couple of moves in. Credit where its due.

Maybe that's just some good heeling on Rollins part. He can carry matches, and that will make for a better title scene, and will hopefully elevate some mid carders up.

I can't believe Sting will be done after this, he won't let his (brief) WWE career be done by lying down for HHH. I hope he does have a reduced schedule I think there is value in him for 4/5 matches a year.

18. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TBH, Rollins kind of reminds me of Sean Michaels. I think he'll do well if the writer's can capitalize on his ego and let his personality shine a bit.

19. gil

gil Godmaster

I want to see Cena challenge Seth, champion vs champion, only for Rusev to come out and destroy Cena, so their feud continues. Out comes Bryan, saying a champion vs champion match sounds cool, and we get Bryan vs Seth. They put on a clinic, only for Sheamus to show up as the newest member of the Authority and beats the shit out of Bryan, setting up the Sheamus Bryan feud. Then the show closes out with Brock chasing Rollins out of the ring.

20. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

According to the WWE App annoyifications The Celtic Warrior returns to Raw tonight Fella!