Ongoing Wrestling Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Shift, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Ok, with HHH going to Smackdown, and Batista coming to Raw, I can promise this...

Either Cena will beat HHH or Batista will beat Edge, because I can guarentee that they won't keep both the WWE belt and the Heavyweight belt on same thing. But I see Edge losing bad...

Plain and simple...dumb move on taking HHH to Smackdown where it is less watched than Raw.

Oh, and the stuff with Vince right now is kinda funny!

2. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    big mistake for HHH going to smackdown

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wonder how much they had to pay him to go there lol he proly won't stay a whole year though

4. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

God I hope not. My heart sank when I heard this....I hate watching SD but now I'll have too.

5. gil

gil Godmaster

For the record:

Raw:
    Rey Mysterio
    CM Punk
    Michael Cole
    Batista
    Kane

SmackDown:
    Jeff Hardy
    Jim Ross
    Umaga
    Mr. Kennedy
    Triple H

ECW:
    Matt Hardy

I agree with Spoiler, about the world belts on Night of Champions. But I'm thinking Cena takes the belt off of HHH, with maybe Batista interference and a heel turn.

Anyway, RAW is still Top heavy, even if they don't have HHH, so I really cannot see CM Punk winning the top belt there.

Kane going to Raw is weird, because now the ECW belt at NoC will be a Raw guy vs. a Smackdown guy.

Matt Hardy going to ECW sucks. What's up with the US belt now?

Jeff on the other hand might pick up Smackdown world belt....or I thought, until the HHH draft.

EDIT: You think HHH will get "traded" again like the last time?

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wow that has me SO excited! nothing gets me goin' like hearin' Michael Cole.

7. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

Why bury ECW...

AGAIN? Only one draft pick out off all that? The brand should've won the battle royal.

8. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

This is going to help Jim Ross. Having a taped show instead of a live one to call will improve his work.

I found it funny at the end when Vince called Triple H "Paul".

9. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

yeah there were a few ?!?!?!'s in that draft, that's for sure. a few i expected and some were just like... huh?

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You guys the Undertaker was mad that he wasn't at the draft and he used his powers to make the set crash down.

11. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well this draft was interesting and it'll be hard getting use to but the show must go on. Now I'm sure that the stage imploding like that was staged or it was a malfunction, either way I'm concern for Vince's health, but that just me. Missing Undertaker already.

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Trust me, Vince is fine...remember the whole limo exploding incident...nuff said.

Problem is, as I am sure everyone knows, Raw is the most popular of the 3. Sending HHH to Smackdown is stupid, but I am guessing they are doing it to counter the whole Undertaker thing.

Another thing I totally saw happening was when Jeff and Matt were in the ring, I said, now watch, he is going to ECW...why would you keep the brothers together.

Also, if the whole JR and Cole thing wasn't rigged to happen that way...well, it was rigged to happen that way...stupid!

They keep doing stupid things on the shows that make me wanna watch it less and less. I don't wanna see a Batista/Cena fued. I don't wanna see an Edge/HHH fued.

13. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    After watching the video of the incident again, I still am under the impression it was planned, and here are my reasonings. The video is on WWE.com of the incident.

The camera angle was setup perfect for the stagelight to fall into sight. Which somehow led to a reaction of something messing up under Vince, which then led to the stage to break and go into a ramp. Which than led to the million dollar sign to fall down on top of him. I'm sorry but I don't see how the chain reaction could of possibly worked that way unless it was planned. Now, here is what gets me about the sign. The bottom secion is set up on a swivel like lever, so it would come onto the stage just at the right angle...a sign like that would not be on a swivel for it to fall. It would be stationary beams that don't have a swivel bend. It doesn't make sense to have it made like that otherwise. Not to mention he ducked down into the section where he had plenty of room to avoid being hit. Yes, he did call Triple H by his real name of Paul, but I am not convinced this was a chain reaction accident. Now, why he is pulling this stunt, I have no idea. Maybe to end the whole Million$ giveaway. So he doesn't go continually giving away a mill every week.

14. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    i thought the taker was done

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Of course it was staged, the lights in no way shape or form ever came near Vince. There was enough room for what, 4-5 paramedics to get in there? And what better way to end the "biggest raw of the year" then to have a spectacular event that no one was expecting.

As for the drafting itself, I've always been a Raw fan over the other two. ECW isn't even anything like ECW should be and Smackdown, well smackdown has the Edge and Vicki thing and I hate the Edge and Vicki thing. But with those changes now people will have to start watching Smackdown to see some of the more popular players, which seemed like the entire point of the thing. Though ECW still needs to get back into it's hardcore roots. IMO more people would watch that if it stopped focusing on the same few big names and started focusing on having entertaining wrestling matches.

16. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    IF this was staged,then it was in bad taste with what just happened with one of TNA's tech guys two weeks ago_O ne of the rigging structures fell on him and killed him.

The thing that tweaks me that it might be real is that 1)Vince called Triple H by his real name. 2)Triple H and Cena both broke character.

In wrestling you don't break kayfabe.

17. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Spoiler- I might see this again, I might say that you maybe right because well like you said. But if this is a way to stop giving away his money then that's bullsh!t, I mean some people register just to get some money for whatever reasons they choose it for and then this "stunt" is pulled and might be taking away. Wow WWE nice way to show respect for your fans. Uhh.

Overhaulimus- I've red that too and now I realize that was pretty bad taste from WWE. As for Cena and HHH breaking character and Vince calling HHH by his real name well I might view that video again. And if that is well goodbye Million Dollar Mania.

18. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Umm... what's the problem with this being the end of the money giveaway? They've always said it'll go on for an indefinite amount of time, never promised it to go on forever. It was always going to go away sometime.

This doesn't disrespect people who register, because you had to re-register for every week. Nobody's registered for next week because they never opened registration for next week.

There's nothing here that's screwing the audience, though with the TNA death it certainly was in questionable taste, and really I don't think they needed to do anything to get out of the money deal. Vince would always announce if he was going to give away more money the following week. This week they should have just done the the last $500,000 giveaway and right after that had the introductions to the battle royal. Have that end the show as the main event with the final 2 draft choices. Then all the talk/focus on the coming shows would be about the draft and Night of Champions with no need to say anything more about the giveaway. Going to drop it? Just drop it, forget about it, and move on.

19. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

There was 2 real injuries on Raw last night, Melina injured her ankle and Batista was legitimately busted open when he collided with Edge.

The Vince thing is simply a way to stop the million dollar giveaway as it wasnt helping in the ratings.

20. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:

I see what your saying I've tried to re-register, but it says that I'm already it this thing anyway. I guess I was just letting out some stream at the wrong place, but I guess whatever as soon there is an update of sorts about whats going on like Vince's health (if thats real or not) and so forth. So I'll just the subject and move on like wrestling itself. Now as for the draft well like I said its going to be interesting as for HHH in Smackdown he'll be traded back to Raw, there's no way HHH is going to be there very long. Also Jim Ross on Smackdown and Michael Cole on Raw. I dont know it might be different and hard to get use to, but just give it time. I can't believe ECW only got one draft pick and you know that ECW and Smackdown are in that "exchange program" when Estrada was running it, but I dont know if that is in effect or not since Teddy Long is GM of ECW.