Ongoing Target DPCI log and new/restocked/shipped/preorder thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Jul 31, 2013.

1. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

Anyone with a debit red card, does it normally take extra long to charge your account? My order is actually in transit and I still haven't been charged...

2. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    They might've charged the original card you used to place the order?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Riddler87

Riddler87 Everything's a puzzle

Yes, it can take a while for a charge to go through on a debit red card. I used my card for my grocery shopping yesterday and I probably won't show up on my bank account tomorrow or Thursday. It also depends on how fast your bank is at processing the transaction. So taking a few days to show up on your account is perfectly normal for a debit red card.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LoneDragon

Nah, that pending charge dropped immediately when I changed payment.
    Interesting...so, in theory, one could place a large order at Target, and if it gets delivered before the charge, cancel the account and get free stuff? Not that I would, my local Target is not exactly local and bad at stocking. Cutting myself off from ever ordering online again would screw me out of future exclusives.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mastermix

Mastermix Well-Known Member

has anyone heard any news for MPM Starscream? I know on the thread for Starscream one user linked to the product page but it originally said the preorders sold out and now it says that it is out of stock. The funny thing is that SS Leadfoot's preorders sold out but you can still search the figure in the Target website whereas you can't with Starscream unless you go there directly.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    No, they've already gotten approval from your bank. It's just going to take it a couple of days to go through. If you tried to close the account, they'd either see the pending charge and hold onto that money, or if you did get it out, there'd be an overdraft and fee associated that the bank would try to come after you for.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Grimlock25

Grimlock25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Target sucks. Ordered Scorponok this weekend with red card. Wouldn’t let me use red card. Just wanted my red card discount and was told it was target.com specifically that didn’t use it. Was told as order was on hold so couldn’t switch payments nor cancel the order. After being hung up on next rep applied a 15% discount and I was satisfied so canceled my amazon preorder that same day got updated to arriving later this week. This morning they canceled it. First I was told a supervisor cancelled it when was told it couldn’t be cancelled and just wanted the red card discount. Then was told it was cancelled because it was out of stock ( it was shipped). Supervisor said best they could do was a $20 gift card which was less then the compensated discount and to drive a 3 hour round trip to a store that supposedly had it in stock. Stupid.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

That's odd. I ordered Scorponok on the Target App using my red card with ship to store. Got it today. Slight damage to one corner of the box as they didn't pack it in a bigger box, but doesn't bother me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Grimlock25

Grimlock25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Edit: Sorry for wall of rant. I feel better lol.

The whole thing was weird. The supervisor that was supposed to send me the gift card said to check my email in 4 hours. Never came. Called back and they honored it since it was notated. Confirmation for it came in 2 minutes, and got it 20 minutes later. My honest opinion of it was the first rep I spoke was didn’t speak English very clearly and I think he gave the wrong impression to the supervisor which set me up for failure. Didn’t help that the supervisor hung up on me 10 seconds into speaking with them. I always praise target so the whole experience was akin to amazon customer service. I can definitely say this was not the norm, but at the same time very crappy customer service. I work in a similar field so I know what’s genuine and what’s lip service to get you off a phone call. I think that’s what upset me the most about it, and their resolutions were poor. I would have been satisfied if they could have backordered or arranged for pick up at another store, but apparently their system won’t do that. Best I got was “this store says they have it but it’s probably not right and call first” sigh oh well

10. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Just got Scorponok ordered on Target.com. :) 

ETA of August 13th.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LoneDragon

Order arrived. Seeker pictures to come...some time after nap.

Edit: Came in a box big enough to hold at least 5. Wouldn't the air pouch padding work better if it was below the product?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

News Credits:
    congrats in your seekers! an excellent set indeed.

i agree the padding should be underneath. same thing happened to me on my skylynx order. i pointed it out and got blasted for it, that i was complaining too much and i should just be satisfied with what i got. i still think the padding should be placed underneath, not just on top. especially when they use boxes that are much bigger than the product. anyways, enjoy your set!

• Like Like x 1
  13. LoneDragon

Bigbox.jpg
    I seem to have exaggerated slightly...but you could get 4 in there easy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

Haven’t preordered with Target until recently, but is it normal for random holds to be placed on your account between the time you place your order and the release date? I preordered the new studio series wave on the 27th of July and since then they’ve put two holds on the purchase amount after the initial hold when the order was placed. It’s getting quite frustrating.

15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, repeatedly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Galaxius84

Galaxius84 Take Flight!

News Credits:
    Target charges immediately as part of their preorder policy. Except instead of charging once (which is the logical choice) they do continual “authorization holds” until the item actually ships

• Like Like x 1
  17. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Yeah, here's their policy:
    Article Detail Page

"
    It’s possible that you may have multiple authorizations and/or charges on your account for an order. Authorization holds may be requested for individual items if your order ships in multiple shipments. You may also have any combination of the following:
    • An authorization hold in the amount of the estimated order total.
    • Posted charge(s) for shipped item(s).
    • New authorization holds for remaining items that haven't shipped.
    • Individual authorizations and/or charges when your order includes a combination of items sold by Target and Target Plus™ Partners.

PayPal® authorization holds can be extended up to 365 days, renewing every 30 days.

If at any point an authorization hold request fails, Target automatically cancels the order. If you need help requesting the removal of an authorization hold, contact your card issuing bank."

• Like Like x 1
  18. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

Okay. Gonna be a fun few months for my account. Thanks for the help.

19. ADavis

ADavis Well-Known Member

Finally after playing whack a mole for weeks I managed to snag an order for Skywarp and Thundercracker! I Had trouble sleeping ( Anxiety from the fact that my soon to be born daughters due date is about a week away) and was literally checking my phone when the app sent a "back in stock" alert. A few taps later, and boom! So if you are still looking, I highly recommend the Target app.

• Like Like x 6
  20. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    Just don't name your daughter Skywarp on accident.

• Like Like x 2