Ongoing Target DPCI log and new/restocked/shipped/preorder thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Jul 31, 2013.

1. DynamiteShikoku

DynamiteShikoku Dirty Jersey

so went back to the same Target i drove 47 miles to, and the damn shelf was the same, no seekers 2-pack, nothing new, all shelf warmers and the dumb bitch said the aisle is gonna be reset on Sunday. Talked to a guy who was working yesterday next to the girl i asked before about the seeker 2-pack (he recognized me saying "oh you were asking about this yesterday"), his response was "oh they are still unloading the truck and haven't reset the aisle" again like before without checking their pad or the computers and i even showed them the dcpi and upc. Then visited another 3 targets in my 50 mile radius; same stock, same shelf, same story, same excuse. Hunting at brick and mortar aint worth it anymore.

I give up, imma order everything online now, it's not worth wasting my fuel, money and time.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

That's beyond ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Is there a reason you don't just call ahead? I've been looking for the new Cyberverse multipacks the last few days, and I just called the Targets in my area that Popfindr showed as having them in-stock and gave an employee the DPCI to check for. They were able to tell me over the phone that they couldn't/wouldn't sell them yet, so I didn't have to waste my time driving around. Ended up getting them today from a store that finished their reset quickly and only ever had to drive to that one Target.

I can't imagine driving 50 miles for a figure without checking that they actually have it and can sell it first.

• Like Like x 3
  4. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some Targets aren’t doing checks of any kind due to the virus. I called a few weeks back to check on a seeker 2 pack and they told me they weren’t doing stockroom checks or, let alone checking their devices. Might of got a lazy employee, then again mileage may vary. Needless to say, I was a bit irritated by it.

5. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    They have an automated message that says that, but I think it's mainly for high-demand pandemic items (e.g. toilet paper). I haven't had any issues asking employees to check for TFs for me over the phone, at a number of different Targets.

• Like Like x 1
  6. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

I think I'm at this same point as you, hunting at brick and mortar stores just isn't worth it anymore for me. I've got one Walmart in my small town and another 20 minutes from me, the next closest is another Walmart and a Target 30 minutes away I usually come away disappointed so I need to get over the "what if they have something" and just start pre-ordering everything online.

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First of all, don't call her a "dumb bitch" over a toy. If they won't scan the DPCI, go to someone who will. Go to customer service, go to a manager... If it shows up in their system, you better believe they'll send someone back there to get the case. As long as it's not street dated, they can sell it. That said they may be telling the truth, they may not, but you have options and calling a woman (or a man, if that'd been the case) a derogatory name over a toy is unnecessary.

You can them lazy, you call corporate, but c'mon.

And this is precisely why I do 95% of my shopping online. Do you have any idea how many times I went home empty-handed??? I was pissed in the moment, but calmed down and moved on with my life.

• Like Like x 17
  8. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes his over reaction is beyond ridiculous.

• Like Like x 14
  9. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  10. maddogtheta

maddogtheta Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I almost got Skylynx online last night, but it was sold out before I could check out. Hopefully I'll get another chance at it.

11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The employees sound quite reasonable, really. The OP sounds like an entitled child and I'm guessing if he complained like this on the forum he was less than pleasant in person as well.

It's a toy. Settle down.

If you are just returning it because you "don't like it" might I recommend seeing if anyone here will buy it for you?

Trying to repackage it for a return as if nothing happened is pretty dishonest.

I saw he was added online yesterday. Wonder if it means they'll get more stock of it online since store shelves and backrooms are gonna be tight for space between those and Scorpy.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

I was giving the poster the benefit of the doubt that he was polite to the employees. I know that when I've asked politely for them to look up a DCPI, I've never had a problem with them getting one from the back, including the Seeker 2 pack. But I'm also good looking and charming. :D 

13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Meh. We're in the middle of a pandemic. If employees aren't able to help us by digging around in back or have higher priorities than that I'm fine with it. They gotta do what they need to keep themselves safe and keep critical stock on shelves.

Like, I had asked an employee about a listing on their app and they instinctively reached out to grab my phone to look closer. I had to pull it back and I think it took them a second to realize it was because I didn't want them handling my phone out of precaution for both them and I.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

The should’ve known better than to do that. Not every employee is the same person. If there are people that aren’t taking this seriously in a pandemic than they probably do a half ass job before all this happened. It’s probably those people who are put in charge of the Toy aisle as apposed to stocking items that are actually important.

All another reason why these Big Chain companies need to get their priorities straight with online retail when it comes to toys, games, and action figures.

15. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'll gladly buy it off you. retail +shipping. hit me up if you're in the states

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Is there a dcpi for Scorponok?

17. Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    087-16-1984

18. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Oof, Already returned it. Bought the Exclusive Axe Spawn instead!

19. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's all good. figure i'd take a shot

how's that spawn look in hand?

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You dont work retail do you? Imagine you do this for years than all of a sudden you have to change all your instincts. Its muscle memory for a lot of people. "Here let me see what your phone says." Ive had to remind myself not to try and shake hands with people I interview. You know how many of the crazy customers Ive had act all worried about touching the pin pad, etc but then hand me some old nasty cash from their wallet without hesitation.

• Like Like x 2